Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stockpilling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stockpilling

    I know it is against the rules to do so, but if someone stock piles right before leaving the server, are the remaining players allowed to use those greanades/weapons during the round?? or do we have to leave them there??

    ex.

    there are 8 flashbangs left behind after a player leaves the server. am i allowed to use my two flahsbangs, then go back for more??
    :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

    This is where I put my ribbons.
    |
    |
    .\__\
    ...../




  • #2
    Re: Stockpilling

    Originally posted by ultima110 View Post
    I know it is against the rules to do so, but if someone stock piles right before leaving the server, are the remaining players allowed to use those greanades/weapons during the round?? or do we have to leave them there??

    ex.

    there are 8 flashbangs left behind after a player leaves the server. am i allowed to use my two flahsbangs, then go back for more??
    Ideally, there would be none. But, if somebody broke the rules and left a bunch, I'd say you might as well use them. From my understanding, the reason this is a problem is because all that extra stuff on the ground eats up some of the server's resources. Getting rid of them would fix that problem.

    But, I'm still not sure on this. That's sort of like telling the CT rushing to make sure he gets a couple kills... I dont like seeing something you're not supposed to be doing wind up as some sort of advantage. That might be a question for the server gods.
    ORGANBiTER | $_COOKIE['monster'] | UBiQ

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Stockpilling

      When i leave I say goodbye. You get what falls off my model and thats it. If someone says they are gonna leave nades for the team unless you can fill up I would ask them not to.



      FUN FUN

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Stockpilling

        Originally posted by cookieMONSTER View Post
        Ideally, there would be none. But, if somebody broke the rules and left a bunch, I'd say you might as well use them. From my understanding, the reason this is a problem is because all that extra stuff on the ground eats up some of the server's resources. Getting rid of them would fix that problem.
        The reason why there is a no stockpiling rule is not because it eats up the servers resources, but that it helps the team who stockpiled by a very large majority. If you have 14 nades, and they have 4... then you can just keep chucking them till they die! Maybe having a spare gun isn't that bad, imo, but I don't know if thats against the rules or not.

        As for when I leave, I just ask if anyone wants anything... if they say they do, I get em it and go.



        He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Stockpilling

          If I am having spare cash when I leave I will buy weapons for as many members of my team as possible, this is giving no more of an avantage as if I had been there, I would have bought guns and nades for those who needed them if they asked.



          "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
          Winston Churchill

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Stockpilling

            Yeah Disiple thats fine its just having 4 extra guns just sitting in spawn or nades that are not being used because someone just spammed.

            Again if theres a threat and you can still buy it is fine to spam until you cant buy anymore just not stockpiling.

            No Kulmar and extra gun is stockpiling and shouldn't be allowed.



            FUN FUN

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Stockpilling

              Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
              Yeah Disiple thats fine its just having 4 extra guns just sitting in spawn or nades that are not being used because someone just spammed.

              Again if theres a threat and you can still buy it is fine to spam until you cant buy anymore just not stockpiling.

              No Kulmar and extra gun is stockpiling and shouldn't be allowed.
              Really? I sometimes have a fall-back gun when I am sniping. Othertimes, I just pick it up off a dead teammate.



              He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Stockpilling

                Yes pick up the dead mans gun.



                FUN FUN

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Stockpilling

                  I'm like Kulmar. If I leave, I'll ask if anyone needs anything. (Unless it is the wife coming home and I'm not supposed to be playing, then I just leave without warning LOL)

                  Although there was one time when I had to leave and had 16k. I bought LOTS of stuff just to see it all on the ground. I was bad. I am not worthy. <smacks self>

                  I am skylark. I will not liter. Littering is not good for the environment. If I am bad to the environment, the admin will slap me. Slaping is not fun. (unless it's two hot girls... wait...was that out loud?) I do not want to be slapped. Therefore I will not litter.
                  "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                  Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                  " Ednos


                  sigpic




                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Stockpilling

                    Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post

                    No Kulmar and extra gun is stockpiling and shouldn't be allowed.
                    what... are you serious ?? one extra gun is stockpiling ?? Its not even a pile :P Im gonna have to disagree with that tbh here spar. Stockpiling nades is one thing, but I honestly do not see a problem with a scouter buying a mp5 or w/e, if he has the money, to use when the heat is closer...
                    Dizlor


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Stockpilling

                      It gets out of hand. If it didnt that would be fine. Thats fine disagree its mainly my opinion :) So I could be way off base :(

                      You get killed so now the Enemy has 2 guns not 1. It reminds me of someone yelling " I'M BLEEDING OUT!!" and runs in to die leaving the opposite team with a nade and a decent gun.



                      FUN FUN

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Stockpilling

                        I agree with both spar and gogeta thiers really no reason why anyone would need a extra gun at spawn most of the time you dont live long enough to go back and pick it up if you need it But like gogeta said the only reason for buying a extra gun would be if you plan on using the scout to pick off a few and then go back for it.

                        For example on Penstock is your a T and you want to use the scout to pick off a few then go back and grab your MP5 and take white room.
                        |TG| Plude220

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Stockpilling

                          Originally posted by Plude220 View Post
                          ... back and pick it up if you need it But like gogeta said the only reason for buying a extra gun would be if you plan on using the scout to pick off a few and then go back for it.
                          Wahhh? I thought i said that!

                          Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
                          It gets out of hand. If it didnt that would be fine. Thats fine disagree its mainly my opinion :) So I could be way off base :(

                          You get killed so now the Enemy has 2 guns not 1. It reminds me of someone yelling " I'M BLEEDING OUT!!" and runs in to die leaving the opposite team with a nade and a decent gun.
                          Well, the only reason for having 2 guns is for having a long range gun (scout) and then falling back to a close range gun. You don't run in with a scout, you run back to set up defense with your close range gun.



                          He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Stockpilling

                            On italy I buy a scout and a shotgun occassionally. I throw the shotgun into the house or something and go back for it when people get close. It's alot safer than going for a gun from a dead person because you aren't going into a heated battle zone.
                            "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                            "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump






                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Stockpilling

                              Hmmm this may be off topic a bit, but it sounds like it'd be kinda cool to be able to carry two guns at once (with the lack of a pistol) maybe by moving slower :D

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X