Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stockpilling

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
    Hmmm this may be off topic a bit, but it sounds like it'd be kinda cool to be able to carry two guns at once (with the lack of a pistol) maybe by moving slower :D
    I don't think its possible
    Me - I'll Just blame bush.
    Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

btw Bush = worst president ever.

Comment

If i scout, i usually buy two guns (mp5) and just keep throwing both of them until i am in position. It is really effective, and the mp5 ha saved my butt in numerous occasions because the oppsosing team thought they were pushing up on a sniper, not a person with an automatic weapon. But if it is against the rules, then i wont do that anymore. My shiny deagle will have to do the job :D
      :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
      |
      |
      .\__\
      ...../

Comment

Originally posted by ultima110 View Post
        If i scout, i usually buy two guns (mp5) and just keep throwing both of them until i am in position. It is really effective, and the mp5 ha saved my butt in numerous occasions because the oppsosing team thought they were pushing up on a sniper, not a person with an automatic weapon. But if it is against the rules, then i wont do that anymore. My shiny deagle will have to do the job :D
        Scout has better accuracy no scoping then scoping.
        Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

Comment

Originally posted by Sara View Post
          Relevance? Stop posting useless posts.

Yeah I can see it being against the rules(More than 2 guns in your possession), but then again there are usually guns lying on the ground beside you...

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Yah as long as you're not the first to die and you're sticking with your team you can always pick up a dead team mate's gun :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
              Relevance? Stop posting useless posts.

Yeah I can see it being against the rules(More than 2 guns in your possession), but then again there are usually guns lying on the ground beside you...
              There was a relevance to that post. - He said "I'll take out my shiney deagle"
              I said. Scout has better accuracy no scoping then scoping. Giving my opinion on his post.

Comment

There was a relevance to that post. - He said "I'll take out my shiney deagle"
                I said. Scout has better accuracy no scoping then scoping. Giving my opinion on his post.
                Yeah well, this thread is about stockpiling weapons, not how accurate they are.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

I say you can have a fall back gun specifically for a sniper.
                  Here's why.
                  Realistically a military sniper would more than likely carry some sort of weapon in a drag bag.
                  Usually a rifle for when things get tight.
                  But considering CS:S is more urban oriented.
                  I don't think a drag bag would be the case.
                  I still think it falls within the realm of a realistic combat situation

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
                    Hmmm this may be off topic a bit, but it sounds like it'd be kinda cool to be able to carry two guns at once (with the lack of a pistol) maybe by moving slower :D
                    It would certainly be interesting. I can also see how carrying a weapon slung across your back, as well as a scout, could be realistic. But then again maybe I've seen too many movies. Obviously you'd have to write in something that makes it take slightly longer (ie, you're dropping a gun, taking one out from your back, and putting the other there). I doubt this would be possible without modification of the source engine, though.

I don't really see a problem with someone keeping a gun at spawn for backup while sniping, but generally the pistols are good enough sidearms that you shouldn't need to. A well placed Desert Eagle or P228 shot is just as good as the MP5. There's almost always a dead teammate somewhere, too, especially if you're moving off sniper to assault/defend close range. As I've mentioned, sticking with a buddy is very, very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Shardz View Post
                      It would certainly be interesting. I can also see how carrying a weapon slung across your back, as well as a scout, could be realistic. But then again maybe I've seen too many movies. Obviously you'd have to write in something that makes it take slightly longer (ie, you're dropping a gun, taking one out from your back, and putting the other there). I doubt this would be possible without modification of the source engine, though.
                      It's very possible with Mattie Eventscripts :D

Comment

I'm only against doing this because I think that scouting should have a downside. Being a scouter should come with the downside that you might not have an extra assaulter, unless someone dies. To be honest, I don't like how instead of actually working as a sniper the whole round, people basically go:"brb, scouting" and then join the assault with an AK or M4 after headshotting the first poor guy to push out. If anything, snipers should be limited to only the scout as a main gun.

Comment

Minus the fact that i believe this topic has been resolved in another thread by vulcan. Answer is no extra gun for a sniper you already have your side arm. And i have to agree with him, you chose your roll as a sniper you should stick with it or pick up another gun from from a corpse.

Love the name btw sirusblk fantastic book.

Comment

Originally posted by DocOpt View Post
                            Love the name btw sirusblk fantastic book.
                            Thanks DocOpt :D

Comment

This rule has it up and downs hehe :) i will only buy weapons for team m8's low on cash ;) thats why i always type first 2 or 3 digits of my money (example 4600$ in teamsay 46 or 12350$ = 123 ) this is for getting the upperhand if one of your teamm8's is low on cash ...

STOCKPILLING is pretty mutch lame , and it can be used against you if your not carefull spamming and sprayin pickin up guns and getting fast kills in like this aint fair if you ask me :)

Comment

Let me see if I can define stockpiling that is against tg rules:

Buying restricted count items such as HE Flash or SMOKE Grenades and dropping them in order to obtain an advantage over the opposing force. This is not allowed.

Buying a Rifle or Pistol for a teammate that cannot afford one is not stockpiling.

This is just my personal definition of stockpiling I hope it helps.
                                I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
                                It makes small numbers formidable
                                procures success to the weak
                                and esteem to all.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse