Burying the bomb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burying the bomb

I'm speaking specifically about de_witness, but this applies to any map where it would be possible.

On witness, if you plant B there are 2 trashcans nearby that you can knock over on to the bomb. You've probably seen it where if something is on top of the bomb and you dont move it before defusing, your defusal will interupt about midway through. I've made it a habit to try and get these cans on top of the bomb after I plant, and have gotten the OK from a few admins who I asked to make sure they wouldnt swing the hammer at me.

Using a map object to make the bomb more difficult to defuse is ok, yes?
    ORGANBiTER | $_COOKIE['monster'] | UBiQ

Re: Burying the bomb

It is realistic in my opinion, and since the server strives for realism...

Covering up the bomb in real life is the same as in here, if you cannot see it , then you cannot defuse.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

I think he means more in the line of like just dropping ur pistol on it so it blocks it.
      Me - I'll Just blame bush.
      Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

btw Bush = worst president ever.

Comment

He said trash cans.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

I know but the lines of the question is about any object.
          Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

Comment

However, if anything is on top of a bomb realistically, you need to clear the zone where you defuse it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
              However, if anything is on top of a bomb realistically, you need to clear the zone where you defuse it.
              True, but who is going to clear the area directly next to a bomb with a HE grenade irl.... ? We don't have actual hands in CS ya know ;) We can't just shuv stuff out of the way to defuse.. just my opinion on covering the bomb and exploiting the fact that the objects can interrupt the defuse(which is an engine exploit if i'm not mistaken)
              Dizlor

Comment

I learned a long time ago if its blocking you nade it. Chairs blocking a doorway to hostages you have to nade it. I am with Gogeta but also would think its ok if we can block the doors to rescuing hostages. I don't really like Exploits either :( In real life I guess you would move the items with your hands so the next best thing is a nade correct? All we have.

FUN FUN

Comment

I just shoot it off.

Comment

Thiers also another map that you can plant the bomb ontop of boxes and it falls into the boxes so you cant defuse I forget the name of it.
                    |TG| Plude220

Comment

Originally posted by Sara View Post
                      I think he means more in the line of like just dropping ur pistol on it so it blocks it.
                      No. I specifically said a map object.

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
                        I learned a long time ago if its blocking you nade it. Chairs blocking a doorway to hostages you have to nade it. I am with Gogeta but also would think its ok if we can block the doors to rescuing hostages. I don't really like Exploits either :( In real life I guess you would move the items with your hands so the next best thing is a nade correct? All we have.
                        You can shoot them off, too.

In HL2 you're actually able to pick things up (without the gravity gun). Is that something that's possible with CSS?

Comment

Originally posted by cookieMONSTER View Post
                          You can shoot them off, too.

In HL2 you're actually able to pick things up (without the gravity gun). Is that something that's possible with CSS?
                          I don't think so.

Comment

I wouldn't mind if when we ran over something small and easily moved IRL, that it would be in the game... unlike it does now when it just pushes you back like its a wall.

Comment

I too think it's an exploit of the game engine. Especially since you can start defusing and magically get interupted.

It shouldn't be too hard to unlock the ability to pick up items with E just like half life 2. They use the same engine and I know the same code is there. If that was possible with say a mod I think it could be appropriate to cover it with trash and whatnot :)

Until then though I view it as an exploit. Good question though :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X