This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Dispute between Me and the Beloved NESKI

Well, the map was Cs_Office_Unlimited and it was I believe a 6 on 6. after about 3 rounds, I decided that my "Jack in the butt" technique was not working, so I decided to try something new. I was on T side, and I decided to go all the way through the back garage (This was in hopes of stopping CTs from making it through their, and also picking off a CT or 2 in the yard as they were entering through the windows, which was the "Hot Spot" for the CTs the previous round). After It looked clear, I began to lose about 4 of my teammates more in the central vicinity of the hostages, I decided to try and possibly pick off a CT on my way back, so I went through the windows into the main hallway so I could take a look into long hall. I don't know but I think somewhere along the trip I killed NESKI.

My position is that I had good communications with the rest of my team and I was keeping track of my surroundings.

NESKI believes that I pushed up way too far and calls my trip straight kill hunting.

Plenty of my teammates (Xero was backin' me up) agreed with me saying that I had good comms going and knew what I was doing.

so I need an admin decision, what is the deal with this.
    "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
    - Sparhawxx

Re: Yet Another Dispute between Me and the Beloved NESKI

That is a long run around being how small the map is. Honestly with good comms the farthest would be the car on the angle in the row of 3 cars I think. Its a van a truck then a sideways car.

With good comms once the sniper has the CT distracted you can just pop up and kill them 1 by 1. That spot also keeps you from looking towards CT spawn. Anywhere past that would be a hunt.

Why be that far out when the T have all the bottlenecks in the world that CT have to cross? Thats what I want to know. Always think of your objective before you ever want to push out.

Pushing out also puts your team in trouble after you die trying to kill 7 other players all by yourself. Think about how to cover your teamate and how you can do that covering your objective.

I say this not because what exactly happened to you but what should be thought about before you put yourself in that position.

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
      That is a long run around being how small the map is. Honestly with good comms the farthest would be the car on the angle in the row of 3 cars I think. Its a van a truck then a sideways car.

With good comms once the sniper has the CT distracted you can just pop up and kill them 1 by 1. That spot also keeps you from looking towards CT spawn. Anywhere past that would be a hunt.

Why be that far out when the T have all the bottlenecks in the world that CT have to cross? Thats what I want to know. Always think of your objective before you ever want to push out.

Pushing out also puts your team in trouble after you die trying to kill 7 other players all by yourself. Think about how to cover your teamate and how you can do that covering your objective.

I say this not because what exactly happened to you but what should be thought about before you put yourself in that position.
      To be honest, I think he was perfectly reasonable. If he was in good comms, as he does have a witness, then he is in the green. Sure its a little far, but its 'PCS at it's finest'. One example of a similar thing is when a terrorist flanks on italy through CT's apts. Almost the same thing here.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Bah at that far up you can't see or here the hostages being rescued and your not in a position to be able to stop them if your team goes down from a quick rush, bad move. That is what you have to remeber if you can be back when the opposing team rushes in quick and you can be helping your team out then good spot if your miles away however and still searching round for kills while half your team is dieing then bad spot. Same as on Italy Kulmar.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
        Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
          Bah at that far up you can't see or here the hostages being rescued and your not in a position to be able to stop them if your team goes down from a quick rush, bad move. That is what you have to remeber if you can be back when the opposing team rushes in quick and you can be helping your team out then good spot if your miles away however and still searching round for kills while half your team is dieing then bad spot. Same as on Italy Kulmar.
          But I'm not the one flanking, IF i am the one flanking, then I would assess the situation and see if I have enough time to do so without my teammates dying before I get there.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Exactly. Before I went back through the windows, I was radioing my teamates to get intel to decide whether it was a wise choice. Somebody said that long hall was hot, and in the fear that they would rush the right hallway to back set, I checked the long hall to see if it were clear or not. after about 10 seconds of waiting there for possibly somebody to crossover, I ran right back into the office.
            "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
            - Sparhawxx

Comment

Yeah, I was there, and I can vouch for the long hall being hot. We were being pressured near the paper room and windows, and there was a scouter watching the hall that leads to the first set. I had just been hit there and someone else killed, and we really needed backup. going up through the broken wall would have been suicidal, even a bad sniper could hit someone slowly jumping up. Taking all this into account, and the fact that Conen communicated with us and had the team's approval before doing anything I really think that it was the only thing he could do to protect the objective.

Comment

The round I was most upset about Conen had only two or three teamates left. He had been pushed all the way to the end of extension the entire round. Instead of pulling back through extension he went to window and killed me at the windows. I don't know anything about long hall being envolved here. There were at least four rounds when Conen pushed all the way to the end of extension. From what I saw it was kill hunting. I understand that he has "backup" from other peope who were playing. But these are all people on his team. It's easy for some people to excuse things liek that when it benefits them, but on the other end of it I wouldn't be surprised if they had something different to say about Conens tactics that afternoon.

Comment

Alright kiddies. There is no reason to call anyone out and point fingers here. The tactics in question were not great but also nothing worth banning, nothing more to say. Not everyone has the same level of comprehension about "where is to far" or "what makes sense". The concept of how we play Tactics here at TG takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do you see how it contributes to a more objective based gaming. We use "rules of thumbs" like hallways, floors, or inside of buildings to help people understand that it helps lend towards defending.

Without drawing lines on the maps, which will never happen, there will be interpretations of what is a good decision or the boundaries on each map. The biggest thing to learn is that you are taking your instructions from the leader of the team with their intentions better be being completing the goal. In this case defending the hostages.

Now for future questions, ask your self a question before you pick an area to hide in or flank around: "does this really make sense for a defensive position?" If it does not, you probably are digressing from your objective and are more interested looking for flamboyant kills.
                  "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X