Guns or Plan first

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns or Plan first

Something that always gets me when I or someone else is making a plan and assigning positions is after you assign someone a position. They reply with I can't do that because i have gun x. This usually puts me in a bad way and i tend to respond with to bad make due or buy a new gun should have listened to the plan before you picked a cliche gun.

Maybe im wrong but if someone makes the effort of making a plan and then someone makes them do some last minute changes because they are being pigheaded, simply it pisses me off.

Thoughts?

Re: Guns or Plan first

Usaully everyone buys there guns first. Its a habit. Its your plan so if someone doesn't wanna scout with a deagle after you went through the trouble tough for them. Atleast you planned :)

Ok this is the nicer way of working and adapting with the team :) Ask who has a gun for the job you need or glance around your team to find it. Believe me it helps. Also when a team is clicking once you ask you will get a short anwser and can move on in your planning.

I get caught up in this also. If its a close quarters map and some guy is buying a scout he will go where I put him. That to me doesn't make sense.

As a player never buy the scout when your the bomb unless you had it the round before. Then its ok to still plan but hand off the bomb to another.

FUN FUN

Comment

TBH, I wait for the plan to see what gun I chose. It is a habit for everyone else I believe, and habits are hard to break. I wouldn't mind if people bought guns after the plan.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

This mainly bothers me when the team on offense buys their gun before hearing the plan. Granted many guns are all around only a few are built for cliche situations. If i want to buy a cliche gun as i call them ill wait for after the plan is made but if I'm just going with the flow ill grab a M4/mp5/deagle which all can be used in all but a few situations.

If someone buys a scout and the plan that the bomber had in mind doesn't have room for a scout should the bomber have to revise the plan. Honestly I personally don't think so.

Comment

I also most of the time wait and see what the plan is first before I buy just incase the plan is say on penstock to rush white room if I buy scout or 552 thats not much good for a small area rush then I got to waste money to get a smg thats if i have any left.
          |TG| Plude220

Comment

you really bring up a good point doc....i mean in any real life situation the plan is made first then they go to the armory and select their weapons, in my opinion i know that some weapons are better "stronger" b/c of the caliber of bullet, but if you have a CQC weapon, it spits out more ammo at a higher rate than a certain m4 or ak, yes the later said weapon has instant stopping power but i would rather have three guys breaching with lots of fire down range than the random spray of some of the bigger caliber weapons. for instance i know i have been a part of and witnessed spar and a number of other people take out multiple tangos with a mac 10 or other like gun

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Nice thread Doc. If enough people here can read up on this we can try to get everyone on board in game. I mean our Regulars that understand what you want :) If some doesn't do it thats ok too but as long as they still follow your plan.

Maybe baby steps. Everyone should wait to buy a gun. Mostly Players that are good with scouts and longer range weapons.

FUN FUN

Comment

plan first then buy weapons IMO. Unless you are only good with a few weapons and typically stay in those roles then you don't need to worry. More versatile players will wait since they can use a wide range of weapons and fill in where it's needed. Have courtesy though and if you aren't good with a certain weapon that's restricted (i.e. scout and he grenades) ask first and try to get some practice in with it if you want.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
                  TBH, I wait for the plan to see what gun I chose. It is a habit for everyone else I believe, and habits are hard to break. I wouldn't mind if people bought guns after the plan.
                  I've been trying to break that habit as well. It is hard. Hit B, then hit G or whatever of the 4 presets you want to buy. Then wait for plan.

It should be plan then buy. Close range versus long. Smokes or whatever.
                  "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                  Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                  " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

i dont c any probs cause 80% always picks a rifle , or a decent smg so ... k few scouters could be a problem but still you can always make them have a pick off sumwhere so they can do damage or they can make a kill and you can start countin how many there left or how weak those area's is for infiltration , anyways you could say that just before rounds start wait with buy after plan , normally everyone should be up to it ... many clans make plans based on the money they have and then buy so ... what everyone makes happy right ? :)

Comment

It makes it easier on the person planning if he can just call a person he feels comfortable with a certain weapon to play a certain position is all. I understand totally.

I really disslike when a person gets the scout everyround when our team is losing just to practice with it if they stink at it. I know this is still a game but when your on a team you want your actions to be flawless. This is fun to me watching everyone work together as one.

FUN FUN

Comment

Yeah. I might try a scout or shotgun periodically. But I only try to use it multiple rounds if I am doing well. (which doesn't happen too often). Usually I'm either P90, MP5, M4 or defender.
                        "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                        Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                        " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

well most people use guns there good with ... thats why you see alot of rifles and smg cause there the best and quickest way to get high dmg or even a kill ... but you could make this a new rule to wait at least 15 20 sec to buy your equipment :)

Comment

I don't know about a rule. Its just nice for the planner when they can call out exactly what they want to get the job done at plan time. The bigger decisions should be after plan time when the leader loses some of his team and has to rethink on the fly.

FUN FUN

Comment

Oh......I usually buy guns first.
                              But now i will wait for the plan.
                              Great thread!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement