X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DocOpt
    started a topic Friendly Fire! Duck!

Friendly Fire! Duck!

I have no idea why I havent made a post about this yet never struck me as weird I guess. Straight up why is freindly fire reduced on this server and why does it jerk your gun when you do shoot a teamate.

Now that I think about it why is it even on in this server, I think one reason people are not always as careful is because you dont do alot of damage to teamates and it even takes your crosshair off them.

So why?

• Quest Shady
    replied
    Re: Friendly Fire! Duck!

Originally posted by Potshot View Post
    I agree about the damage to self and jerk. No point in the team killed AND team killer to die, just because one of them was stupid. I'm sure that if a person kills another on purpose, or blatantly disregards their safety, he'll hear about it from his own team.
    I think a lot of this stemmed from back in the day, when we got a lot of New people to the server and they had the normal run and gun, FF off, shoot as many things that move mentality. So there had to be a sort of wake up call put in place...

It seems now days we have mostly a lot of regulars and not a whole lot of new people jumping on at once. The new ones that do jump on either get up to speed quick or leave. So it seems like it should be feasible to remove the damage to the person giving FF.

Usually when I see FF happen it is because of surprise, or someone walking into the line of fire but there is always a round of apologies and such. If you hit someone because they walked into your line of fire...Apologize and mention that they did walk into your line of sites...good comms and radar prevents those types of things but it is bound to happen now and again....

<-----Raises Hand because I shot team mate the other day...

Besides when we do get the occasional AFK T holding the bomb or the random annoying person that will shoot his own team mates just because he likes creating a mess then we can take them down "Just like in real life".

Plus Franson always likes shooting the trouble makers and this would make his day...LOL!

We could still keep the TK a team mate so many times and get kicked from the server...rule.

Leave a comment:

• Potshot
    replied

I agree about the damage to self and jerk. No point in the team killed AND team killer to die, just because one of them was stupid. I'm sure that if a person kills another on purpose, or blatantly disregards their safety, he'll hear about it from his own team.

Leave a comment:

• RudeBoy
    replied

yeah, would it be possible to turn off the damage done to yourself when you TK and the jerk?

Leave a comment:

• cstealth
    replied

Ahahahahaahahahahaah
    Although I try and tell them that im crossing in front of them or jump over them.

Leave a comment:

• Quest Shady
    replied

Originally posted by cstealth View Post
    If you used your radar and kept good comms going then this wouldnt be an issue.
    But sadly we live in an imperfect world -.-
    But a word of advice:
    Think before you shoot. :)
    And yes we should try to gradually ease it in to regular nights.
    The bad part is when you take aim, focusing on the enemy...he pops out and you go to pull the trigger and a teammate walks through your line of fire with a cigarette in his mouth just out for a stroll...LOL!

Of course I think I have done this to others...just have to always be aware...

Leave a comment:

• cstealth
    replied

If you used your radar and kept good comms going then this wouldnt be an issue.
    But sadly we live in an imperfect world -.-
    But a word of advice:
    Think before you shoot. :)
    And yes we should try to gradually ease it in to regular nights.

Leave a comment:

• Skylark
    replied

I support ya Neski. Unless you're on the other time. they I just let you shoot me.

As for the FF

I <gulp> like playing without it. My team mates don't, but I do. It is more realistic and more challenging. But I can understand having it...

Don't we also have some auto kick thing if you kill enough team mates? So having FF protection completely off and the auto kick thing could get ugly. :-D FOR ME!

Leave a comment:

• Neski
    replied

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
    He clearly stated his reasons right afterward, Crazy neski!
    The point of that was:

1) He claims he's never seen a Euro lag.

and

2) He likes it but he doesn't.

PS It's funny.

GEEZE

Leave a comment:

• Xen
    replied

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
    Anyway, I like the idea of the gun jerking away, but at the same time I don't. If I am shooting at 2 or 3 terrorists and one of my teammates runs into my line for fire, he should just get mowed down with them, not make me vulnerable to an attack.
    In regards to this, I completely agree. While having the jerk helps keep your teammate alive, it competely opens you up for free attacks. Don't know how many times I've run between enemies and watch as both their guns go skyward, saving my butt. If the gun jerk wasn't there, I would be dead along with one of them, or one of them severely injured.

Leave a comment:

• Kulmar
    replied

Originally posted by Neski View Post
    So wait... Who's crazy? :P
    He clearly stated his reasons right afterward, Crazy neski!

Leave a comment:

• DocOpt
    replied

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
    Doc personally I wish we maybe could strenghten the damage for TK on weeknights but not all the way. I say yes I would rather it full blast but with new players joining all the time it might be better for lockdown.
    Oh yea I completly understand just doing my job, questioning the way things work.

Leave a comment:

• sparhawkxx
    replied

Doc personally I wish we maybe could strenghten the damage for TK on weeknights but not all the way. I say yes I would rather it full blast but with new players joining all the time it might be better for lockdown.

Leave a comment:

• Neski
    replied

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
    I have never seen any lags come from the euro players, so you guys are crazy.

Anyway, I like the idea of the gun jerking away, but at the same time I don't.

So wait... Who's crazy? :P

Leave a comment:

• Clefspeare
    replied

I have never seen any lags come from the euro players, so you guys are crazy.

Anyway, I like the idea of the gun jerking away, but at the same time I don't. If I am shooting at 2 or 3 terrorists and one of my teammates runs into my line for fire, he should just get mowed down with them, not make me vulnerable to an attack.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X