CS_Seige Armory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS_Seige Armory

Ok guys I heard alot of comments on this map the other night and thought someone would of posted. This is for when the hostages spawn in armory.

As I said in the server its as simple as this. This is just 1 tactic to defend the armory. Place one person inside with the hostages and 1 in each small hallway to peek in when they go for the hostages. Maybe using your flashlights to look in those vents will help to see the CT before they see you.

I will say 75% of the time you will lose your life in that room against the CT. This doesn't mean send the other 4 T's that are left down there to get whiped out.

The T's stronghold on this map is within and around the bunkrooms. Even taking some shots at the CT when they run through the garage to save hostages can help taking some of their numbers down.

Ok with that said you CAN NOT put T's outside of the armory and wait for the CT to tag. Do NOT let the CT's tag meaning someone has to be in with the hostages or viewing from the Atv's. I know this is a sacrifice but thats also your objective. So if someone is whining, man up and someone on the team take that position. Godspeed :)

FUN FUN

Re: CS_Seige Armory

I played it yesterday and I worked as the designated sacrifice. We got extremely unlucky, as 9 out of the 10 rounds we had an armory set. I died every round. Now, I'm not complaining, but I think there should be a couple of changes in the map, if possible. One, a buy zone in the armory and one free gun. I think it's only fair, considering the T's are losing one man almost certainly. Besides, when I was the sacrifice, I almost never could afford a good gun, because I died so often. And we won the game. I got an AK once, and that was thanks to pity money. The rest of the time I was playing with 228 or mp5, both of which aren't too good in that situation.

Second, there should be a way to get up there. Don't let us up into the vents, but give us a way to get up there. I don't think any map that requires one man to throw away his life is good. So give us sacrifices a way to defend ourselves. Because, as of now, anyone who knows what they are doing can take out someone in there. Two people in there even the odds a bit, but again, it's no challenge to take them out, especially since it's really easy to block each other and get stuck, which I found out the hard way. You can't even nade that upper area, since there's only one angle that won't bounce the nade back(which I, again, found out the hard way).

Comment

In the armory itself, if you stand on top of the crates the CT's cant see you from the vents. The best thing to do is have one in each of the hallways (as spar stated) and have one person inside the armory on top of the ammo crates. The guy in the armory should have a flash ready so that when the CT's break the vents, he can flash back and post up in a good defensive position. His main job is to warn the other T's that the CT's are trying to breach the armory. This allows the 2 people in the hallways to focus their attention elsewhere until they are called in to help defend the armory.

Just my idea, i find it works well if the team is in good communication. Feel free to criticize and help further develop this plan.
      :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
      |
      |
      .\__\
      ...../

Comment

I hope I won't step on Spars toes by showing off my pro Paint skills, but I have made some images to help you guys picture the spots Spar mentioned and add one of my own.

As you can see I have placed a player in each side entrance to the armory (red dot = player), and one player hiding behind the door to the armory in the main room. This means the side entrances are covered and the player in the main room can focus on watching the vents from quite a sneaky spot.

My logic to this spot is
        • That you are hidden from the sight of players who drop onto the armory roof, since there is a cage stopping those CT's looking over onto your head.
        • You are hiding behind the door (it opens outward) so if CT's come out of armory you have a clear shot in their back.
        • Since most CT's will head down the vents to the end facing forward you have nice shots up into their rear ends as they pass.

I hope this image helps you picture the position I am talking about for a great T camping spot.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
        Winston Churchill

Comment

The best way to protect the armory is to hold the side entrance have 1 guy covering the long hallway leading to the side entrance and one guy in the side intrance watching over the Vents 1 more guy in the stairway intrance watching over the vents I would leave the doors open and stay out of ther range of fire if a CT drops in rush him and take him down. Having everyone inside is no good just cover the entrances and watch vents from safety.
          |TG| Plude220

Comment

That was 1 tactic I gave. And ya'll have given more. This should help to eliminate some CT's if not all. Disiple thats a single good spot. You can also keep that guy there and have the guy in hall watching sewer entrance more towards the window so he can shoot the CT that fall in. Remeber you don't want to give up that tag without a fight.

And if the hostage vent stays in tack you have 2 guns in the ATV room watching 4 vents total. Guys its not that hard make the best out of this.

Pot I disagree about what you can buy. Flash nades, armor and an M5 go a long way. M5 is not a cheese gun. It wins rounds. Also heres another way of looking at the sacrifice. It gives you the chance to observe and pass on vital match winning information about the tactics the enemy is using. Take that time to take advantage of it. If you have a mute player which nobody playing here should be then he shouldn't be in that room.

Also Pot when the fence wasnt there the T's could double boost into the vents and the CT didn't stand a chance. I think this map is hardcore now. Play all these maps and figure out how to turn the odds.

FUN FUN

Comment

Just my view on it. Though I still think there should be an extra gun.My dislike for the whole rule stems from everyone's attitude towards it. Instead of the:"Ok guys, it's going to be tough, and we'll lose some men, but damn it if we won't give those CT's hell getting those hosties" attitude, most people have the:" Well, apparently we have to send one guy to die, so who wants the role?" attitude. Now, I'm ready to do whatever my team wants me to, I'll run at them with a knife if that's required. I guess we just have to put more men onto the armory, but very few people seem willing to step inside those doors.

Comment

Thanks for being one of those good men Pot :)

Goahead and brag man. Because thats better then complaining about the objective :)
                Last edited by sparhawkxx; 07-08-2008, 03:37 PM.

FUN FUN

Comment

Oh wow, I just realized that sounded like I was bragging. Not my intention...

Comment

Another place you can be is behind the APC's frontlight. There you can't be seen by the other vents except the one right above you. If you have good enough vision, you can kill those above you and nade it real quickly. Might get you killed but may take some of them out also. Plus if they get on top of armory you can quickly throw a nade through that hole in the fence onto the top of armory (that should hurt them a bit) and then hide again (your probably dead by then but hey you could hurt or drop plenty of them without harming the hosties without being in the obvious place in the room).

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                    - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Disiple Navarrobase bathroom isn't the same as Seige armoury hostages. In Navarrobase T's can push out of that room and go in staircase to help cover bathroom so CT have to go through T's and not from above and behind. Thats where it makes it harder in Seige. CT can drop through 2 vents and be in with the hostages for the tag. Yeah CT's can't take hostages out of vent but CT's can tag and then meet T's outside. Thats not guarding hostages.

T's won Seige the other night. We had a very tough time and we prayed for the hostages to spawn in our spawn. But we was able to atleast take down CT's 2 rounds that I know of, might of been more with the hostages in armoury. I can tell you who guarded that room like a champ. It was Rang and even though he knew he was going to die he did what he could to lower CT's numbers and 2 more T's helped him from outside the room.

That room being as hard as it has made the map fair for CT's. And we was watching our objective.

Their was 3 more that helped Rang in that room from the halls but he was my main example.

Oh and If I didnt word it right, I think the hostages spawned most of the map in the armoury.

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by Plude220 View Post
                        The best way to protect the armory is to hold the side entrance have 1 guy covering the long hallway leading to the side entrance and one guy in the side intrance watching over the Vents 1 more guy in the stairway intrance watching over the vents I would leave the doors open and stay out of ther range of fire if a CT drops in rush him and take him down. Having everyone inside is no good just cover the entrances and watch vents from safety.
                        Counter: CTs in the vents throw smoke down toward the hallway entrances, followed by flashes. At that moment, CT(s) that have come into the garage entrance hit the entrance and attack from the back as the CTs drop. Coordination would cause distraction/confusion. Smoke would help guard the drop in CTs

Originally posted by SephirothValentine View Post
                        Another place you can be is behind the APC's frontlight. There you can't be seen by the other vents except the one right above you. If you have good enough vision, you can kill those above you and nade it real quickly.
                        Just be sure to stay very still. I've been up in the vents and watched for this. After a while, most people move around a bit. It lets me know they are there and lets me get a shot on a body part.
                        "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                        Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                        " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...