Summertime buddy system :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summertime buddy system :)

Guys we have been getting alot of really good games going and also some new players.

When these new players join they will ask during live play what to do where to go and all kinds of questions to help them learn our play. If you can and your a hardcore defender ask the new guy to stick with you. Basicly what your doing is letting them learn the map from objective out. I find this is the best way. And they will come back looking for their new buddy :)

Let them know what direction to watch and thats it they will be much more effective this way. When you die tell them to fly through the map or take them to defend the other objective if say its 2 bombsites. They won't feel as lost and will have fun learning our play.

First thing to do when they join is get them to type MOTD and tell them when they get a chance to visit ww.tacticalgamer.com. Try getting this in during spectator time if possible.

If your not understanding my typing then just buddy up with the new guy and hold his hand. It is much more friendly and doesn't distract the game. Thanks guys

FUN FUN

Re: Summertime buddy system :)

yea, i found the buddy system to be a great help when i first discovered the server. i think i was always trying to tag around you whenever i saw u spar. lol
    :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
    |
    |
    .\__\
    ...../

Comment

same with ultima, i looked towards spar, as well as anyone who had TG or TG PCS... yall were amazing help those weird 9 months ago!
      Integrity First, Service Before Self, Excellence in ALL We Do!

United States Air Force ROTC Det. 590 UNC-Chapel Hill

Instructor of the infamous TGU CS:S Division! Semper Fi
      If you are interested in TGU Please

sigpic

Comment

I never was told to read the motd, nor was I ever walked through a map or told where to go. I didn't even know there were forums for TG until 2-3 months after I started playing. I just remember looking up to Fran and Disciple, as well as a couple of other PCS members who don't show up anymore, since they were the most distinct voices on the server. And since they could shoot straight. Feels odd that all that happened only little over a year ago. I still remember the first map I played.

Comment

Originally posted by Potshot View Post
          I never was told to read the motd, nor was I ever walked through a map or told where to go. I didn't even know there were forums for TG until 2-3 months after I started playing. I just remember looking up to Fran and Disciple, as well as a couple of other PCS members who don't show up anymore, since they were the most distinct voices on the server. And since they could shoot straight. Feels odd that all that happened only little over a year ago. I still remember the first map I played.
          Never told to read MOTD, never figured out there were forums, never had anything explained to him? Something went wrong here.

Comment

Originally posted by Potshot View Post
            First of all the site name is in the server name "TacticalGamer.com - ProfessionalCS - Realism" so I don't know how you couldn't find the forums. 2nd if you were playing for 2-3 months and did not see the scrolling rules/help notes float by on your screen saying "Please Read MOTD" and all that well I don't know what to say. No offense just maybe you weren't looking hard enough.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

I remember following Root around as one of the only other europian players so he got me off to a good start, him and Quest shady I think gave me such a nice welcome when I first joined the server than I came back again and again. That was also the first and last time I played with Aphosis I believe.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
              Winston Churchill

Comment

Whos Apososis? :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
                  I remember following Root around as one of the only other europian players so he got me off to a good start, him and Quest shady I think gave me such a nice welcome when I first joined the server than I came back again and again. That was also the first and last time I played with Aphosis I believe.
                  Those were the days... The Ban Hammer of Root...LOL! Now look at you Disciple all growed up....

I kid of course...It all goes back to the nature of who and what TG is ...help the new guys out and keep the great server we have going...

Of course I want to thank those of you who have stepped up to fill in as Admins and keeping the server the great place it is to play...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by Extinct View Post
                    First of all the site name is in the server name "TacticalGamer.com - ProfessionalCS - Realism" so I don't know how you couldn't find the forums. 2nd if you were playing for 2-3 months and did not see the scrolling rules/help notes float by on your screen saying "Please Read MOTD" and all that well I don't know what to say. No offense just maybe you weren't looking hard enough.
                    No doubt. I'm not trying to say anyone did anything wrong. I'm just saying I was never told to read the motd. I wasn't helped out much, but that's mostly my own fault. I did know the rules though, I was briefed by a friend who told me about the place, so I pretty much just hung around the hostages or bombsites and didn't do anything unless I got some action. I think I went around largely unnoticed for a long time. To be honest, up until 3-4 months ago, most regulars thought I was new here. That I wasn't part of TG. And for a long time I didn't even want to get into the community. I felt intimitated by it. At least that's how I remember it. I thought that I'd leave the server a week or two down the road, and never bothered to check the website or anything. In the end, I fell in love with it, and play far too much actually.

Comment

You Telling me Pot. I feel sick to the stomach if I can't peek at the forums atleast now :)

Na awareness and to help the new guy goes a long way. Even if its short and sweet I guess you can say.

FUN FUN

Comment

Hmmmmmm... Five years ago I think I just learned along the way... Maybe that's why I was banned all those years! I declare negligence on the TG system!!!

Seriously, I talk to new players and give them some of the rules & tactics (mostly the essentials unless they ask). It's a bit much, so I like them to get the hang of it themselves with gentle guidance :D

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                        - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X