New Bleed Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bleed Out

I saw a post somewhere in General where everyone was praising it.

I don't like it very much to be honest.

First of all, I am used to getting shot and then creeping around for awhile if I am bellow 40 health. I will see what I can do with the health I have, then bleed out if I decide is the best move for the situation.

I have been caught doing this a few times since the new system was put in place. I let myself bleed pretty low, then I remember that I'm not going to heal. I'm left with low HP and no chance to restore.

This system means it benefits you most to bandage as soon as you get bellow 40. That isn't always the best tactic in my opinion.

Then I get shot after I've bandaged quickly because things haven't had enough time to slow down, and I am at a loss when it comes to a second bandage. I die.

Why can't I use those tacky terrorist uniforms they give us as bandage #2 or even #3? Maybe more bandages are in order if we don't heal up. Maybe a medic.

Maybe people will decide they liked the old system better. I sure hope so.

Until then I'll keep playing, but so far I am not a fan. I thought I'd give my opinion and maybe let some people persuade me to change my mind by replying to this thread.

Re: New Bleed Out

yea neski, i know what u mean. ive also waited for low health before i bandage. I dont like the new mod so far, but im kinda getting used to it. I strongly prefer the old bandage system. feel free to tell me how wrong i am. :D
    :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
    |
    |
    .\__\
    ...../

Comment

Now you bandage and get boost of hp and that is it, no more creeping around regening, just badage get that little extra health then get the hell back in the fight.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

I think we should just abolish the whole bandage system altogether. It doesn't really add anything tactically or realistically and in the end it's just a nuisance.

Comment

i get tired of watching people wait to heal. In RL battlefields, you dont slowly gain back health, you get a bandage to stop bleeding, and some morphine and your back into the battle. thats exactly what the new bandage system does. although, i noticed if you have say... 35 health and you bandage, you dont get that small health boost. is there any way to fix that?

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Comment

Erm you don't bandage at 35 ? I believe you only start bleeding at 15 now anyway isn't that correct Vulcan? I dunno maybe I am misunderstanding what he was saying to me lol, I am sure he will be along soon to clear this matter up (and move the thread, since we already have this in the developement forum anyway).

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
            Winston Churchill

Comment

Unfortunately a lot of people either don't know about the development forum or aren't registered to use it.

It sounds like most of us are confused about what the new system is even. It would be nice to have a definition I guess.

I've never noticed a boost after bandaging. Although once it looked like I got a small boost right before I bandaged.

I really liked being able to lay low and heal up to 40. It helped to slow things down a little bit. With the way play has been in the server lately, some people could use some motivation to slow things down. Not sure the old bandage system would have helped that though TBH.

EDIT: Sign up for the development forum by going to your usercp and clicking on group memberships on the left side of the page. Find counter-strike source development forum and click join group, type a reason, and submit. It should be approved within a day or so. Get in on important discussions about the way we play there.

Comment

I'm still tweaking it so it has been changing. Trying to get a feel for how the numbers work.

The goal is to make it more consistent with bandage to stop bleeding sooner rather than later because running around with your blood spilling all over the place is not what I was looking for in the first place. Unfortunately the script didn't allow for the proper variables but now it does.

- -

Comment

I like the system (of a bleeding, a bandage and no healing) because I think it IS realistic. Or at least more than the alternative.

You get hit, you bleed.
                  You put on an emergency bandage to stop the bleeding, but you don't pull back. To leave the field of battle would possibly result in civilian casualties. Instead you continue to help your team, possible as a backup instead of front line.
                  You don't heal up because a bandage doesn't do that. I suppose a small boost could be explained as the effect of morphine or something.
                  If you get hit again, you start to bleed because it is a new wound.

Healing back up to 40 doesn't seem to help in the play too much.
                  a) it slows game play down. While I don't care about it too much, sitting there making the rest of the team (who are dead) wait for me to heal up to 40 from the 5 I always seem to find myself is not fun for them. Although on the reverse I get to clean up the room some or do a load of laundry ;-D
                  b) I had another reason, but I forgot it. lol

I suppose multiple bandages could be reasonable. One per hit or something. But how to code it? They would have to be stop bleeding only or ele the coding would be crazy. Wouldn't want someone hitting bandage a bunch for the boost.

Anyway.. my couple of cents worth.
                  "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                  Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                  " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Personally I like having the bandage system but I do not like the new update. I liked having the regeneration aspect during gameplay. Maybe a good compromise would be that you don't regenerate health but you have unlimited bandages, like in real life you might rip off some of your uniform and use it as a turnique or something. To me that would be realistic if you needed to last 5-6 minutes max. I don't know, that is just my two cents.

--[AxD] Waffles
                    |TG-24th|Gen. Waffles CO

Comment

I think the system has just become a part of TG CSS its one of the things that makes our servers stand out from the rest and its hard to break old habits.
                      |TG| Plude220

Comment

Getting shot once is bad, it requires you to get medical help immediately unless your body armor actually stops bullets.
                        Although this system is less frustrating :)

Comment

It will be limited to only one time of gaining health back or a max amount of health you can gain back. You have to be unhurt for 5 seconds in order for the healing to take place which means you have to bandage to have that happen. After that you have 5 seconds before it kicks in. This is much more conduscive with the whole purpose to give players who are in a good position to duck out of harms way and regain themselves after being shot up.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                            ... You have to be unhurt for 5 seconds in order for the healing to take place which means you have to bandage to have that happen. After that you have 5 seconds before it kicks in. ...
                            I get healed before I bandage... is it flawed?

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
                              I get healed before I bandage... is it flawed?
                              I think everyone is getting healed up to 30 immediately without the bandage. The bandage is just making sure we stay at thirty. I haven't confirmed this but it seems like I've gotten the five second heal to 30 without bandage, lost a tiny bit of life from being shot, and gotten the five second heal again before I ever used the bandage.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X