jungle rescue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jungle rescue

Just a few thoughts. I didn't see any strategy on this map. I like this map a lot. Vulcan made it a cruel and evil map. I like it.

Basic start and points of interest.

CTs have two entrances into the tunnels.
    The pond has an entrance in the water.
    Also going around to the tunnel entrance allows entrance.
    The tunnels exit in 4 places
    Two are in the middle of the T controlled area. One is on the far side. One comes up in the back under the hut that has hostages.

The pond path leads up to a little valley entrance. You can target (and be targeted) from multiple locations. Mainly from the wooden path and left hostage hut.

The waterfall snipe area gets you a good view of the main valley area.

Route 1 - water.
    Move up to the valley. Exchange fire with those targeting this entrance. From here there are multiple paths
    a) go up the hill to the right, fall down the hill into the back hostages. This can get you back there quickly. There are only 2 exits from here now. Tunnel (and hostages won't go that way) and up the main path toward the other hut.
    b) run up toward the wooden walkway and left set of hostages.
    c) run to the left and around to clear any terrorists that are dwelling there.

Route 2 - waterfall
    a great sniper place, but it is so well know that when you try to peak over the edge, you often get your head blown off before you even see the enemy. They have a very small area to cover. Your field of fire is very large.
    Jumping down allows access to the valley. I have seen an entire team of CTs boil over the hill like a deadly swarm of lemmings. :row__572:

Too tired to add on the other paths (from the tunnels and the like).

The best plan (on this and other maps) is often a well coordinated attack. Using coms, you can all peak out of your locations at the same time. This is often difficult for some people because you have to wait for any tunnel people to reach their exit points. But once in position
    1 or 2 at waterfall
    1 or 2 at pond entrance
    1 at each tunnel exit.

This coordination would prevent the terrorists from concentrating too much fire on any one location.

This plan doesn't take into account any smoke or flashes.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Re: jungle rescue

Nice write up. I think I was on when you were playing it. I agree. There wasn't a whole lot of planning, but I don't think we were free for alling it by any means on the CT side. I really like this map as well. It's challenging but there is a lot of potential for making super effective strats on both sides. The map really forces you to take things slow... Sort of the same way forest does probably. Because of all of the cover I guess. I like both of those maps for that reason though. Rushers beware.

Comment

True, we didn't have much planning, but we had good comms, as I remember. Well, on the rounds that didn't involve Clef, the Krieg, and five headshots. And I personally think the right side is crucial for the CT's. It can cover a wide area with good cover and can make a great sniper spot. And damn, popping out from tunnels to shoot the everyone who were looking away was fun, even though you could only pull it off once.

Comment

It was an ok map and I thought for sure Forest would be my favorite map. It didn't turn out that way. Still a good map. But Jungle actually has grown on me bigtime. It is definatly a challenge. Just depends what night you get on if your team is going to give you the support you need.

This map is equal sided after you know what your doing :) I would put it up there with Seige.

FUN FUN

Comment

Yeah... If there are certain people on the T side, then I am NOT going to peak over the waterfall area. I like my head a bit too much for that.
          "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
          Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
          " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

My favorite part about Jungle Rescue is that you have to always be ready. People can come up in the middle of the Terrorist defences, pop a head or two, and jump back into the sewers if people aren't watching every spot. The terrorists aren't really safe anywhere, but at the same time, it isn't uneven at all.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X