Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De_piranesi

De_piranesi

Realize that every attack vector can become a bloodbath is the right person is there.

Attacking A

A is one of those sites that is both easy to attack and not.
    Easy to attack because you have multiple attack points.

Roof: you have to clear this. Attempting to move in and plant with a CT or 2 on the roof is insane.
    Middle: directly below the floor. Also a good spot to shoot into A, but limited field of fire with the windows.
    NOTE: There is a ‘murder hole’ at the end of the roof that can allow someone in mid or roof to hit someone in the opposite place if they are positioned right.
    Ground floor double doors: while not as impressive a defensive spot, it can allow a CT to ambush people moving across ground level to the site.

T entrance: obvious entrance, but watch for a CT to be just on either side of the door.

Men show possible CT locations.
    The red arrows are possible T attack paths.
    This only shows one view of the bomb site.
    CTs can also be in the bombsite, their entrance from their spawn or in corner.
    The Ts could also conceivable attack the spawn from the CT entrance. This can actually be an interesting attack point. Run through mid, down around and in through their spawn. If you get in behind the boxs, you have some cover from any on roof. They can throw nades, but you should be able to plant. If some Ts clear the roof also, this becomes a bit easier.
    Here is the other angle on A:

Upon exiting the mid or roof and heading out into the open area that connects the ramps down to B and the CT spawn/A junction, there are areas to be wary of.

B:
    The normal attack path is for the back bomb site is to run along the right wall. If the Ts are fast enough, the CTs might not be up on the roof quickly enough to shoot at them.
    A secondary route is to run through the mid. Once on the other side, turn and run either through the hallway toward the corner of B, clearing that overlooking ledge and then into the site. Or you could move forward into the path between CT spawn and run down the ramp toward B that way, but you are more in the open.
    You can also run across the roof and then take either of these paths.

In the bomb site (B), there are several places to watch, but not as many as A
    Two different angles here, some positions are shown twice.

Final notes: Piranesi is one of those maps that seems to almost beg for rushing. There are many areas that once the CTs see the bulk of the T forces (and esp if they see the bomb), then they can call the direction and can move in force to repel the assault. This seems to require the Ts to move in fast enough to eliminate the opposition, plant the bomb and prepare to defend against the assault by remaining CTs.
    The alternative is to pick and hit here and there.

Key locations: Roof. The roof seems to be a point that tells whether or not a side is attacking A. If the Ts attack the roof, then there is a good chance they are attacking A. If they ignore A, then either they are delaying or they are going for B. This can be used in the Ts favor, but often isn't.

If the Ts do want to clear this area, it needs to be done quickly. Once CTs have 2 people up and ON the roof with time to prepare, it is pretty difficult to drive them out. The one thing Ts have going for them is that their ramp up to the roof is darker, making it a little more difficult to see the head poking up before you get shot.

Another tactic is to pick and shoot. I think that this actually favors the defense, in that each spot the Ts can poke their head out, the CT could be in multiple locations.

Any other thoughts or specific tactics?

Stick figures for the win!
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Re: De_piranesi

PS: the funny thing was, while I was working on this, I couldn't find an existing screen shot of site B that met my requirements. I was typing this up on the laptop while playing CS (when I died, I'd be typing). The next map was going to be pirensi! WOOT! I could get my screenshot.

Suddenly, my steam goes hayway. I can hear people, but no one is moving. I disconnect, and the servers won't update. I shut down steam, but now I can't log back on. So I restart computer, can't log back on. It was almost like the steam "gods" didn't want me to get the screenshot. Can't play online, can't even start CSS because steam won't log me on. And ya can't play CSS if you aren't logged onto steam. Which sucks.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Nice pictures!

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

I have elite artistic skills.
        " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Very nice Skylark thanks :) Those dam hackers though :( You just can't get away from them.

FUN FUN

Comment

lol @ the stickmen. Good job skylark :P

- -

Comment

LOL Nice right up good positions but everyone has scouts?
              |TG| Plude220

Comment

Totally cool how you took such a classic mission and laid out all the options in such a way! There maybe only another way or so to attack/defend, but that is what makes this map soo cool!
                "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Nice.

Comment

nice though put into that. I still havent got a chance to play this map on the TG server though =(

Comment

We play it every once in a while. Makes a good captains match.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

I like the report Skylark!
                        stick art is as good as my spray in game :)
                        h4x stick guy has leet position on the Ts. How can i get there? Nade jump?
                        This isn't Team Fortress Classic... boo

AKGRN
                        Defensive Ribbon

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse