smoke grenades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoke grenades

So perhaps one of the most unrealistic occurrences in Counter Strike is how the smoke grenades disappear. Not going to lie, I dont like it at all. I was just imagining though that if a real person was to throw a Smoke grenade that they could still pick it up empty and still have some tactical use for it. Imagine a situation in office where a CT was unable to afford flash bangs because he could only afford an deag and armor. If that Ct were to find an empty smoke grenade used by a terrorist or another CT he could possibly use that empty smoke grenade as a breaching strategy to try and distract or get a terrorist to look away to avoid it as if it were a flash. Better yet what if there where two CTs and one threw it in right before another CT rushed in. If that terrorist looks away thinking it was a flash or to see where it landed it could be a major tactical advantage to the CTs trying to breach. Perhaps this could also make players think twice about looking away from that flash. Doubt that mod could ever be made but was thinking it would be an interesting touch to the realism.

-Bandi

Re: smoke grenades

Wow that would be nice. To pick up a spent nade and use it to distract. You have a 50 50 chance that you might get the enemy to flinch. Not sure if it could be done in CSS though. I would like to use it because I always buy a smoke nade with that intent :)

FUN FUN

Comment

I like the idea. I also agree it would be hard to do prob. but all the same it would help to create a more realistic environment. Another thing to look into would be the ability to pick up movable objects, such as chairs, file folders, and plants, to place them wherever you want them. Or i guess we will have to continue to have teammates shoot at them, for what seems like hours to me, to move the object(s) into position and wasting (it takes less time to move the object out of the way w/ a m4 or nade) ammo and position for their position to the rushing opposition. It also makes it difficult to hear possible incoming enemies while the object movement is in progress.
      The realism of a hand in CS:S would be uber imho.

AKGRN
      Last edited by akfree; 08-16-2008, 05:05 AM. Reason: grammer!
      Defensive Ribbon

Comment

pretty sure a flash doe the job

Comment

I have a rock! can I throw it? Or how about THE SEVERED HEAD OF THE COUNTER-TERRORIST I JUST KILLED ! MWA HA HA HA HA
          "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
          Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
          " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...