cs_articstorm clarification and possibly for other maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_articstorm clarification and possibly for other maps

On articstorm the front set of hosties near the stairs has a fairly large room and area to run around in. The question is even though the SOPs say not to nade a hostage area would the front of the room near the door be acceptable since you know that the blast radius will not hit any of the 2 hostages? Would this be acceptable for any map where there is a large of enough space to do so? Thoughts.
    There are no winners in war.

Re: cs_articstorm clarification and possibly for other maps

It is a tough call. I wouldn't do it. Just too big a chance your throw would be off, or you get hit as you throw. You never know. You aren't supposed to put the hostages in danger. That's just my opinion. Use flashes instead.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

As a general rule of thumb no. don't pull HE nades out if you are in a spot where you could potentially throw a nade right into a hostage area.

Not to say you can't just depends on how sure you are of the area and throwing the nade at that time.

- -

Comment

I don't see why you'd want to nade that spot. People will usually sit near the hostages to prevent you from nading them. Overall, it's stupid to nade rooms with hosties in them, but sometimes it's worth taking the risk.

Comment

I agree w/ skylark and Vulcan because i have had nades go the complete wrong way because someone shot me mid throw or even just looked at me and spooked as they peeked the corner i was nading.
          This issue was brought up when someone naded the room w/ Bauers Bro (he got killed by the nade) and myself held up inside.
          Another example would be the basement on Hacienda. A well placed nade will not hurt the hostie but still, you never know the outcome of your toss till it explodes.

Movie: Speed
          "Shoot the hostage" K. Reeves

Not here, not ever. They are the objective of both teams and they must live.
          Defensive Ribbon

Comment

Originally posted by akfree View Post
            Another example would be the basement on Hacienda.
            Hmmm the basement to hacienda would not be a good example for this since the hostage area is clearly small. I was think if you had a large room and say hostages are in the back of it you can bounce a nade off the wall near the entrance to where you know they won't get hit. But like you said there are many factors that can ruin the toss. In the end its all up to confidence.
            There are no winners in war.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X