Captains match First choice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captains match First choice

I bring this thread up for what Rang stated in the Jenume VS YouRang post. Not knowing the maps well yet ?

Ok here is a tip. If you lose the first pick of a player this is ok. If you know the map well enough you might be able to judge what side is easier to defend or engage.

For instance if you remember that say Artic_beta is easier to defend then as the loss of picking the first player you have the advantage of picking the easier side. This is a strong advantage because if you hammer the enemy then his moral might be broke for the switch.

So take your time and really think is the map well balanced before you make that team or side pick. Also as a captain if you are stuck you can ask for help. Ask as a team effort. Example which entryways the team should focus on or should we split into 3 teams and not just "Ok team what do we do now?"

I say this because it narrows down what needs to be done and still keeps you in charge. What you are doing is drawing up a plan with the help of others.

If you have an Idea don't ask what the team thinks of it if you havn't tried it. Just assign and give the order. If your team sees confidence in you they will believe in anything you say. Remember you are their captain and NObody disrespects the guy giving orders.

I know this is easier said then done. These are my opinions and more are welcome.

P.S.
    YouRang I notice you like others want to captain everytime we ask. Keep up the good work. That dedication will make you a strong leader. The more we hold these the more people are stepping up and thats a great positive sign.

FUN FUN

Re: Captains match First choice

Yeah, good way of planning is naming people. When you say "two go this way" thats when it starts to get disorganized.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

i agree...one must need to be firm in giving orders....kulmar take bottom of steps...toast take left bridge....ect

the more of a firm voice and confidence you have during planing will help with the moral of the team

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Basic Good Leadership Skills:

1. Take charge of any situation.
        2. Be confident in your ability as a leader as well as your teams ability as a whole.
        3. Acknowledge you team at all time. Do not be afraid to single out an individual, when they do something extraordinary or something noobish.
        4. NEVER EVER disrespect any of your teamates. (If they do something bad, please have a short conversation with he or she and if they do something great let everyone know, including the person or group, that he or she did something great.)
        1st:
        2nd:
        3rd:

Comment

Hey guys thanks for the info. I will try to utilize it the next time I have the chance. I really do understand what all of you are saying and can see where I did go wrong or make misjudgements that day and on other days such as when I have the bomb in regular play. I feel like I am maybe a little bit hesitant to give orders especially since alot of these guys have been here longer than me and a lot of these guys are much better in a fire fight than I am yet I am trying to turn that around. Again thanks for the help and instructions.

Lock n Load, Saddle up, Mount up and Ride out.

Comment

This thread is not directed at you YouRang, I think this is more for ALL the players out there.

So, please DON'T feel bad at all.

Kee up the GOOD WORK SIR!
            1st:
            2nd:
            3rd:

Comment

rang man keep your head up...i was in the same boat,

yes firefights are difficult, but i would much rather have a teammate fall back to cover and report....two tangos with riffles and not engage and wait for back up rather then fighting and telling me there's two there....

i know what has helped me a little is taking my time and not rushing things

when i spot something fall back report and then waite for help and no help ask what to do as in engage or fall back or shoot a couple of pot shots at them to slow them down and then retreat...

your a fine player and dont feel that time has anything to do with it, if you feel that in your mind that something needs to happen say it over comms, if people wont like it then then they'll say i cant or no

keep up the good work

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X