legal hiding spots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legal hiding spots

How do I determine a 'legal' hiding spot?

Obviously a 1 inch ledge isn't very realistic, but there are many bigger objects that people can jump to that seem questionable. When is something too small to be standing on?

If you have to boost to the spot, is that still legal?

Re: legal hiding spots

Just try to use common sense in different situations. Sure you could stand on a railing but you wouldnt normally be able to stay on a ledge when your firing a gun. Just think things threw and if what you are doing you find a bit questionable then you probably shouldnt do that.
    There are no winners in war.

Comment

Well if you are balencing on it with one foot to your teammates view then you should get off that object.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

I would say height is no question, as in real life you would be able to pull yourself up. Boosting is a teamate linking his fingers together and helping you up (see army of two for more details).

The only real question is, could you fire a weapon from that ledge and still maintain balence.

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Comment

Well if you are balencing on it with one foot to your teammates view then you should get off that object.
          I know this, but what if your on a block that both feet fit on and your back is against a wall?

Comment

As I interpret the rule you can only judge legal spots based on the width of the object you're on, not to the degree at which you can stand near the edge (Sorry if that sounds a bit confusing). There's always a bit of discrepancy between players about how wide the objects need to be but as long as it's not ridiculous I just let it go. Boosting to spots is perfectly legal.

Comment

LOL for those who have never shot an automatic weapon this seems like a hard topic to discuss. however for me I can tell you I would love to see someone win a gunfight sitting on a 6 inch ledge or balancing on top a railing while firing an automatic weapon. That would be amazing. I have guys failing their gun qualifications in the prone position never mind balancing on a railing.

Comment

Originally posted by Orthos View Post
                LOL for those who have never shot an automatic weapon this seems like a hard topic to discuss. however for me I can tell you I would love to see someone win a gunfight sitting on a 6 inch ledge or balancing on top a railing while firing an automatic weapon. That would be amazing. I have guys failing their gun qualifications in the prone position never mind balancing on a railing.

Just keep in mind that ledges typically are fine in this game. This is a very old style of game and the ledges have been incorporated into maps specifically for those purposes. If it's thinner than 16 unit width it's typically not a good idea to use it. The admins will let you know if the ledge is inappropiate and we'll discuss it privately if needed as well.

- -

Comment

I try and stay off ledges alltogether it just doesnt make for a realistic feel to the game and sometimes its just cheap.
                  |TG| Plude220

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X