Weighted bombsites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weighted bombsites

A powerful, but extremely risky tactic. The score is 6-6, your on defense, what to do? You could try putting 6 men on A and leaving B with 1. This is especially useful if you can read the offense. Have they been DESTROYED at B all game, and only gone A a few times? Odds are they will take the easier, more successful bombsite to rush/attack. This is often a good tactic on maps with a noticeably difficult bombsite to defend. Beware, by leaving one site less defended, you can easily allow the bomb to be planted. what do you guys think of this gamble?

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Re: Weighted bombsites

well not a bad idea for small maps, but large maps wont give the Cts enough time to kill off seven hiding terrorist and defuse the bomb. For it to be most effective i would say the lonely Ct would have to hide and not be dead when by the time his team gets there. Maps like Dust2 unlimited or even lost temple might be good maps to give it a try on and see how it works out the first couple times and go from there.

Comment

It does depend. I agree with the coot... I mean uh Bandicoot. If the map is small, this can work.

Additionally, this can give you some fun. I'm not sure I'd try this if it was 6-6, but imagine this

You do this tactic. The T's plant at the other site. You run in... 5 (or so) people throw smokes at the bomb and one guy defuses while the others fire like crazy around. Stealth defuse!

Depending on the situation, I'm not sure I'd do 1 and 6. 2 and 5 might work better.

If they come to the site with 2, the team
      reports
      pulls back throwing in every flash they have, timed to get maximum delay.
      rest of team comes running like crazy coots.. uh.. dang did it again.

Course, you need to make sure the entire T team is there or that you see the bomb.

Edit: Originally I thought this was a post about having different point values for different bomb sites. Kind of a difficulty rating. one site closest to T spawn is worth less than the spawn by the CT spawn or something like that. I'd be interesting way of doing a map....

If the Ts plant and win at site A, they all get 1 point for win.
      If the Ts plant and win at site B, they all get 2 points for win because it is farther back.
      If the Ts plant and win at CT spawn(site C) they all get 3 points for win because they be good...
      Last edited by Skylark; 09-04-2008, 11:58 PM.
      "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

I say keep the entire team close to a Mid point between both sites and have 1 forward scout at each extreme side of A and B. Stacking a site is a crap shoot guess that they will go to the site you pick to stack.

Comment

"Stacking a site is a crap shoot guess that they will go to the site you pick to stack."
          Isnt that the whole fun of tactics? =P
          that middle camping stradegy you mentioned is impressive im gonna keep throw that one into the stradegy book.

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Comment

Skylark says
            Edit: Originally I thought this was a post about having different point values for different bomb sites. Kind of a difficulty rating. one site closest to T spawn is worth less than the spawn by the CT spawn or something like that. I'd be interesting way of doing a map....

If the Ts plant and win at site A, they all get 1 point for win.
            If the Ts plant and win at site B, they all get 2 points for win because it is farther back.
            If the Ts plant and win at CT spawn(site C) they all get 3 points for win because they be good...

That would be pretty impressive. But we would have to raise the map change to like 10 wins. Imagines CTs being down 1 ct and the Ts rushing C twice and in 2 rounds it being 6-0! MA GAWD!

Comment

my view would make the map SOMEWHAT linear... so to get to bomb sites worth more points, you'd have to push past the CTs (somewhat).

Something like this
              A and B are worth the normal 1 point
              C would be worth 2 points because you'd have to get past some of the CTs.

This is just a rough map, of course. You'd need to make sure there were enough routes/etc to be a good TG map.
              "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
              Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
                my view would make the map SOMEWHAT linear... so to get to bomb sites worth more points, you'd have to push past the CTs (somewhat).

Something like this
                A and B are worth the normal 1 point
                C would be worth 2 points because you'd have to get past some of the CTs.

This is just a rough map, of course. You'd need to make sure there were enough routes/etc to be a good TG map.
                stop drawing maps of dust 2 unlimited!
                There are no winners in war.

Comment

thats not Dust 2 look at the A and B. Step your map knowledge up Poodle.
                  "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
                  - Sparhawxx

Comment

FYI -
                    Stacking a bombsite is a very risky strat, most commonly used when an entire team has no long range weapons and they are trying to save money. The other used for stacking a bomsite will be for a FIRST round strat when you are more than 50% sure that a team will be rushing that particular bombsite.
                    1st:
                    2nd:
                    3rd:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse