HOWTO: take the bridge on de_aztec

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOWTO: take the bridge on de_aztec

The CTs can shutdown the bridge on de_aztec fairly easily if they have rifles or a sniper rifle. They have cover and can easily hit you as you try to take the bridge from their side or from below in the canal.

Buy a smoke grenade and (optionally) a flashbang and and move to the bridge in the position shown below. Stay out of sight using the box for cover. Throw the smoke grenade over the box to the CT side of the bridge. Run forward as you throw the grenade to ensure that it makes it far enough. Do not throw too high to make sure the grenade makes it through the opening to the CT side.

The grenade should hit and land in front of the stack of boxes the CTs use for cover. It is important that you wait 3 or more seconds for the smoke to expand and block their sight before you leave your cover. Below we see the CT side jammed up with smoke. You can now begin to cross the bridge. If you have a flashbang now is the time to use it. Make sure you bounce it off to the side so you dont blind yourself too. (If you blind yourself just keep running.)

As you cross the brige be careful of CTs who might try to shoot you from below in the canal. Co-ordinating with a teammate in the canals can very effictively stop the CTs who try this.

This should let a 2-4 man group take the bridge and get to bombite A against CTs with superior weapons. This technique works just as well as rushing the double doors or slogging it out through the canal. So now you have a 3rd option. Mix it up and sometimes just throw the smoke across the bridge and go another way.

Re: How to take the bridge on de_aztec

Excellent post! I imagine this would be very tough on the CTs.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Nice tactic.
      Thanx much!

*I thought RandomGuy on the server last night was a new name for admins so we wouldn't know who it actually was in spectator mode. lol

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Very good strat, but since i'm soo used to aztec, i am able to strafe out, shoot, strafe back really fast.. i usually send them retreating back or kill them. I do die sometimes though. :)

Comment

We need a tactics forum. :)

Great contributions, Random. Thank you for taking the time to serve.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

A tactics forum would be awesome! I have several really good strats I use in CAL we can imitate :) Good ones too.

"This isn't cal"

Cal uses tons of teamwork. They aren't just ramboing. My team, as well as many others defend the site, or get to the site somehow.

Comment

Finally sharing some of your secrets of conquest there eh Master? :icon12:

Comment

lol :P not really secrets, more like "intel" :P

Really though, some are quite good if you can get your team coordinated enough

Comment

Re: HOWTO: take the bridge on de_aztec

youd better throw that smoke nade quick , cause a good sniper ct can hit the top of your head when your behind thoes boxes.

Comment

also, and idea i use with the flash over the bridge: When you throw the flash, just turn your back to the TCT side and run backwards. This will lessen the effect of the flash on you and still allow you to reach the other side quickly.
                    Ben

All I ask for is communication

Comment

This sounds as a thing we use really often on our servers (although we're still on CZ).
                      I might give a few tactics l8eron myself. For our matches we've tryed loads of walls and what happens when you toss a nade against them. Try by playing, it helps...
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

This is all assuming you actually get that flash/smoke across the bridge. Chances are, there's a sniper on the other side, and anyone on the T side of those boxes will have at least half of their head showing, more than enough for a sniper to take out. I prefer to smoke the bridge from the water.

Comment

Now, how do I get through double doors to B without getting ground up like hamburger beef, or being 'naded by a teammate?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben
                            also, and idea i use with the flash over the bridge: When you throw the flash, just turn your back to the TCT side and run backwards. This will lessen the effect of the flash on you and still allow you to reach the other side quickly.
                            Ben
                            Bad idea. You normally would fall off.

This is all assuming you actually get that flash/smoke across the bridge. Chances are, there's a sniper on the other side, and anyone on the T side of those boxes will have at least half of their head showing, more than enough for a sniper to take out. I prefer to smoke the bridge from the water.
                            One word- Duck. Smokes from the water tend to land on the bridge, as opposed to inside the CT side.

Comment

ducking is all well and good, but it makes for an even more difficult nade toss. Given the lower height, the angle to toss the nade it made even higher, and you sacrifice distance. To counter that, you could increase the velocity of your throw, but you need to run to do that, and you can't run and duck.

as far as DD, I hate to say this b/c it works so well for me.... but if you get there quick enough the first 2 maybe even 3 guys through the door will beat the CT's in getting there. Typically, when I get through the door, I run to the right and stand in the concave area created by the door being open. Typically, (before I wrote this) no one would look for a T there. It's fairly well shielded and somewhat shaded, and it also gives you a perfect line of sight to snipe the CT's door from spawn. If you put a talented sniper/ak'er in the wedge you can cut the number of ct's coming through the door in half and may even stop them all together.

One thing about rushing that I don't think I've ever seen addressed here or anywhere:

Everyone always says, when rushing, don't stop, however, once you get closer to your destination, surviving becomes a big factor. By your very presence in an area you typically deny the enemy the ability to come anywhere near there. Sooo, in surviving, you give your teammates a foothold to take and maintain a position. By "throwing bodies at the double doors" you might take the position, but you'll almost assuredly never hold it. It's important not to simply run into an area, it's also important to take up positions and dig in. What people will commonly do with the double doors is run in blindly or stop in the doorway. Either one of these two choices is assuring death. You should secure all 3 points of entrance available to the CT's, from the water, from the doors, and from the right of DD.

At this Point, I realize I've digressed, so I'll finish up this amazingly disorganized post. To secure the DD, take up positions. The first is right next to the DD, where you can suppress the CTs coming through their door. The second is to the left of the DD, there should be a good spot to huddle down in that general area while using the the square brick/temple piece things to absorb any incoming fire from the CT doors. This second position puts you in a good spot to try and suppress the CTs coming from the right of the double doors. The third spot is farther to the right of the double doors, in the corner created by the two white brick things stacked on each other. From there you can suppress any CTs coming up from the water, and provide initial support suppressing CT doors.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X