A small reminder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A small reminder

Don't take this as me berating anyone, because I know I fall for this myself a bit too awesome. Rather, read this as a small reminder.

I've noticed this happening a lot more often of late. It's not a huge deal, not a big rule broken, but still an annoyance in a game. I'm talking about choosing bad spots. Bad as in a spot that is already guarded, or a spot that is unnecessary to guard at the time. If someone takes the spot you wanted, choose another, or ask him to move, or something. As long as you don't just walk up there quietly and stand there. Too often have I noticed a huge gap in our defenses because someone wanted to guard a spot that is either already covered. Same goes for when a teammate falls. Doesn't matter how much you love the spot you're in, please move to where you're most needed. It's extremely annoying to die from a flank and then notice that there's a player sitting behind all the defenses, not even moving to cover any open spots.

Another habit I'd like to see lesser of is moving to where the action is. Obviously you're gonna want to have a stronger defense where they're attacking, and everyone wants to fight, no one wants to spend they're time staring at a wall in a shooting game. I'd still wish to see less of people running off to the other side of the map just because a few shots were fired at the other bombsite, especially when it's clear the others can manage themselves. Not to say that you need to stick to one spot like a statue even when a teammate is screaming for help. Move when you're asked to move, or when it's otherwise clear that you're needed there.

Again, it's a friendly reminder. Just something that might be good to remember in game.

Re: A small reminder

good reminder, this can be frustrating.

- -

Comment

A VERY good reminder Potshot... Thanks for putting it up. Very frustrating to see half the team go scurrying to the action on the other side of the map when not one teammate has gone down or even called for backup.

I too get extremely upset to die from a flank that a teammate had been covering, when he had just left to engage in a fire fight somewhere else. That is terrible situational/team awareness.
      Dizlor

Comment

Yeah thats why it is good to state where you are going every single round. This helps the team to organize even when its getting late in the morning to fill the gaps. This is very important to you guys that don't comm in like you should. Atleast type it in during the plan time unless your being assigned.

If your being assigned I feel thats the team leader when nobody else is stepping up. Its very important to support the person making the plans even if they are not to your liking. Some people ask why but if nobody is trying to correct the teams flaws then your not working as a team. This is for both sides to adjust and overcome anything the enemy can throw at you.

Thank you Potshot this is another could tip.

FUN FUN

Comment

As an added point:

If you are the lone guy and you have contact - report numbers.
          I've had a few times when someone started yelling and acting like the entire T nation was holding him down and slapping him like a cheap uh... nevermind! Anyway, several rotate to find out it was one guy throwing a smoke.

So remember these examples:
          #1) Skylark reporting single target at handicap entrance sniping.
          #2) <notice that skylark died because he didn't bother to tell you he saw the three terrorists before engaging and died leaving you NO data on the situation>
          #3) Skylark reporting two smokes and what sounds like a para firing. I'm pulling back to observer! Could someone rotate a bit closer in case I go down?
          #4) Skylark here - I'm under the window at site A. I hear MULTIPLE running feet in the window area above me. Estimate at least half of the team. I see two gun barrels sticking out! Need backup.
          #5) HOLY MOTHER OF THE LORD! SAVE MY WHITE BACKSIDE HERE AT HANDICAP! THERE HAS GOT TO BE TWENTY OF THEM! MOMMY! MOMMY!!!!!!!!! Oh lord, I think I lost control of my bladder! HEEEEELP ME!!!!!!!!
          "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
          Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
          " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

lol if you yelled #5 I would disconnect hoping they wouldn't get me either :) That is what we need more of. Not number 5 but sweet comms like the other examples :)

FUN FUN

Comment

While we're on this subject, people need to call targets a lot more! This is probably one of the most key tactics on our server no matter what strat gets called.

- -

Comment

That and the whole, "Oh, HOLY FRIJOLES!", as you continue to destroy your teammate with a few shots from an AK.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X