Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone explain why I suck so much at this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can anyone explain why I suck so much at this game?

Lots of helpful posts, also, remember that these aren't deathmatch servers. No one is going to say anything if you run from a fight and don't even aim your shots as you back off. Even if you never kill an opponent on the other team you can still be useful to those on your team who seem to be able to kill enemies with their eyes shut, but you have to be alive for that.

If all of the above posts work, then focus on comms and be happy to bait your enemies into exposing themselves to your teammates. As Potshot said, given time and practice there comes a certain "insticiveness" to your gameplay, it goes hand-in-hand with strategery.

Comment

Originally posted by † Disciple † View Post
      I am acturaly not that great a shot on this game
      Hahahahaa! Funny!!! :D

Comment

Whenever I forget that every gun is a rail gun, I start doing poorly. Playing games with more advanced engines, like CoD4, will throw off your CS:S game. Source's "hitscan" bullets hit the target as soon as they leave the gun, so any leading you do is only to compensate for network latency.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
          Whenever I forget that every gun is a rail gun, I start doing poorly. Playing games with more advanced engines, like CoD4, will throw off your CS:S game. Source's "hitscan" bullets hit the target as soon as they leave the gun, so any leading you do is only to compensate for network latency.
          To be fair though, a great majority of the maps are small enough that it wouldn't have much effect. I'd also like to note that if you want to kill more than you die, you're going to need to factor in luck. I'm not saying that you should run around every corner spraying, but due to the nature of the game, luck can work with and against you, and only a fool would ignore that.

Comment

Another pro tip that I just realized some people may not be doing:

Make sure you have shadows enabled. Its cheap, but will save your life if someone is poorly hidden, and the game will occasionally glitch in your favor showing you a shadow that it should not.

Also turn your sound up when you play and listen to footsteps. With enough practice you'll be able to gauge distance and location based solely on sound.

Comment

Well done Potshot and Aesop, you covered everything in a very practical and fluent manner.

Originally posted by aesop rock View Post
              when you're dead you can free-roam and get your learn on.
              I love the terminology.

Comment

I agree with everything said here, especially the part about Disciple not being that great of a shot.

Anyway, there are certain weapons that are great for spraying. The m4, although it is also great at longer ranges in shorter bursts, is also very deadly when you spray up close. The mp5 is a great spray gun because it slows the enemy down and it is quite accurate. Although I do believe some guns are good spraying, I wouldn't recommend doing it often. I do it only when I get freaked out and forget to take my finger off the trigger (It often kills people though).

As previously said, knowing the maps is essential. If you don't know the map, take it slow and you will do fine.

One thing that is good for you to figure out is which pistol you are best with. I have a pretty accurate shot, so I generally stick with the deagle. Too many bullets means more clicking than necessary to me, however I do enjoy using the duelies. If you can figure out which pistol works best for you, that can save you alot of money in game. Just buy the pistol and/or armor and grenades, kill someone and take their primary weapon. That's what I do.
                "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Spraying is bad ;)

I think that if you can avoid it, never spray. If you aim then the enemy should be dead in only a few shots, as long as those shots are well places. If the enemy isn't dead after those few shots, you need to back up and either peek again and take a few more shots or find a new angle to shoot from.

You should never put yourself in a position where you cant fall back if need be, that will always be a better option then hoping you get the lucky head shot from spraying before the other guy does. Even if you fall back for just a moment and peek him again, if your not moving those first few shots are going to be way more accurate then if you stood there spraying.

I do agree that being able to control a pistol can be very helpful when you don't have the money to buy a primary weapon. If you can survive with the default pistol, and maybe pick up a gun off a dead guy, you will be set for the next round or two if you spend your money well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X