Bomb Down - CT Chokepoints Coverage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomb Down - CT Chokepoints Coverage

How far is too far? Ok, I've been getting alot of complaining about this today and would like at least some assurance or stability on this tactic as a CT for example on de_devious the bomb went down right underneath ladder to roof, as you know this is a tight area so bunching together is not a good tactic, we had one covering stairs to a 2 covering right near the bomb and I was playing near the T spawn watching long and cats to a for chokepoints, would this be allowed? or am I pushing too far. My opinion is that it is not, as long as we have available coverage on each side and not to bunch up too closely "ex: when they nade the bomb area" Also to spread out more evenly to cover all the points of entrances that the T's might take to get the bomb back. Tell me what you think because this issue needs to be addressed. Thank you
    -suid

Re: Bomb Down - CT Chokepoints Coverage

If I'm thinking correctly the hall make like an L shape to get below that ladder. Your position shoulda been helping the lone guy at a and let the other 2 watch the L shape. If I'm understanding it correctly because as long as the roof is clear they can only get to the bomb from their spawn and A site.

Oh and off course stay away from the window overlooking site B. Anymore then the 4 players you stated would be 2 more men right at that little stairwell that comes from their spawn that enters the L shaped hall. And that might be a little far but with that many people your too clusterd and need be a touch spaced.

FUN FUN

Comment

correct about the L shape but as far is it goes if I were in that room which is the long part,I would of been naded(which it was later on) as it still would be us scrunched up near 1 room, You could clearly Put 2 guarding like long/short A and 2 covering the entrance from the ladder to the other part of A, idk I'd have to show you personally and just lay it out for you but my main question was how far is too far from the bomb, is that even a rule? It depends on covering points of entrances right? or does it just vary by map to map? I mean I know generally when I'm going to playing too far away from the bomb with this situation I actually went and loaded the map and did a time test for myself and I was around 4 seconds away from it if I were to run.

Comment

You need to be close enough to where they cant snatch and run without engaging. Thats why the more the little bigger the circle. Only to choke point. Doesnt make sense to push past points wear you give them more ways to get in. You lose a man you tighten up.

They dropped the bomb. Its not always the best drop but you atleast got the bomb down. Now protect it like someone is defusing. Yeah it does depend on the map but if your out too far where you allow them inside your circle your at fault for getting your teamates killed. Think about your teamates also and not thinning out from bomb.

Bomb down now its your turn to sweat. As I said I think the distance I gave you is your best bet in that spot. The roof is really useless unless u have scout then your fine to keep them off flank and from coming from spawn but only above the ladder and not pushed above windows at B site.

If your to far out and get killed your team have no intel of where you lost your life if your too far away. You become one less to help in the objective.

FUN FUN

Comment

Does this mean that suid's kill on me is a disqualification and I'm still alive.

Comment

No you deserved to die. You should always expect a fight no matter where you are. You have to overcome any position. Always play defensive. I watch and and see alot of guys do this and it makes for some fun gaming.

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
              No you deserved to die.

Lol.
              :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
              |
              |
              .\__\
              ...../

Comment

I think he actually meant:
                Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
                No you deserve to die.
                The other implies it was only one time. :row1_7:
                "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Suid, where you behind cover or on the move when you engaged the enemy? The only reason I ask is because, if you were moving about, they may have preceived that you were patrolling(killhunting), rather than gaurding the chokepoint. Just something to think about.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xen View Post
                    patrolling(killhunting)
                    Those two are not the same.
                    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                      Those two are not the same.
                      While they may not be the same, the perception of them most assuredly can be. Specially with the given scenerio.

Take industry for another example, if someone shoots bomb down at the end of middle alley, say in that corner, between Site A and B, is it killhunting if those that are gaurding A go through T spawn to converge on the bomb? Or, is moving into their spawn to cover the entrances to site A considered too far? Once bomb down is called the whole map opens up as long as the CT's are converging on the bomb(the objective), as far as I have always understood.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xen View Post
                        Take industry for another example, if someone shoots bomb down at the end of middle alley, say in that corner, between Site A and B, is it killhunting if those that are gaurding A go through T spawn to converge on the bomb? Or, is moving into their spawn to cover the entrances to site A considered too far? Once bomb down is called the whole map opens up as long as the CT's are converging on the bomb(the objective), as far as I have always understood.
                        In that scenario, would it not be smarter to come to the bomb through territory that you already control? You are taking a risk by going through the t spawn to get to the bomb. Makes more sense to me to ensure you have more people guarding the bomb instead of taking the quickest route to the bomb.
                        "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                        "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Clef, I'm not saying it's not smarter, I was only bringing it up as a what if. I do agree that coming up middle from A would be wiser. Not everyone has the same common sense as others. Those that came through T spawn when bomb is called down, IMO, would be killhunting more then responding to the bomb down. But, as it has been stated in the past, once bomb is called down you are to fall back to it's location by any means nessacary.

This brings up something else that needs to be addressed. And I am going to start another thread to address it. ::runs off to type it up::
                          sigpic

Comment

In my opinion the Defending Team should always be thought of as one organism, like an amoeba. The objective should be your nucleus and the Defending Team forms the cell wall. The more defenders you have, the larger the amoeba can grow or DENSER. Now, at this point you just need to use your communal best judgement. In this scenario, if you had 10 CTs remaining, for whatever reason, I'd say the absolutely best positions would be: Long A, Short A, Watching T spawn from stairs, Watching B area from roof, Watching box room from the bomb, and Watching the stairs leading to A. Long A, Short A, AND T spawn can all be covered by the same unit of defender(s), but spreading out there would be more ideal because as Suid mentioned it is a serious nade trap. Assuming the defenders work as a UNIT, and the part of the wall that is under attack responds smartly and communicates properly, the amoeba can grow quite large. Imagine the bomb is the last hostage out in the open and respond accordingly. Failure to prevent a pickup/tag is unacceptable, but there is plenty of give when it comes to HOW you go about this. Remember that the unwritten boundaries are just that, unwritten. They're there for people who don't GET the idea of playing toward objective YET. :)

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
                            In that scenario, would it not be smarter to come to the bomb through territory that you already control? You are taking a risk by going through the t spawn to get to the bomb. Makes more sense to me to ensure you have more people guarding the bomb instead of taking the quickest route to the bomb.
                            A different point, slightly. I would have to disagree in this case, Clef. If one was posted near the box room, and bomb went down below the ladder, I would say it is clearly more of a risk to one's objective to *run* (or walk and get there 3 minutes later) ALL the way through A to make it to the ladder. During that time ANYTHING could happen. No, better to move carefully through T spawn. Besides, life is a risk, especially when one carries a gun.

After all, "It is better to be on hand with 10 men than to be absent with 10,000.” -Timur

EDIT: I just realized Clef's post was about de_industry (which I agree with), but my point about devious remains. In Xen's scenario I would say 99% of the time it would be a BAD IDEA to attempt to camp/secure bomb in that location. First of all, it's probably about 15 seconds into the round and another T is about to pick up the bomb. Second, the Defending Team attempting to relocate is bound to suffer severe casualties and leave openings in the 'amoeba'. Finally, by holding your positions (for the most part, perhaps reinforcing the shooter who downed the bomber) you actually have both the Bomb and the Bombsite objectives within the amoeba's range.
                            Last edited by aesop rock; 02-18-2010, 04:58 PM.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

As long as you can easily reach the bomb and see it, you're fine. Position is relative to this when the bomb is down. The only point to make is that when the bomb goes down, you must make a shortest route possible move to the bomb down and help secure it.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X