Rebuying items.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuying items.

The whole idea of limiting grenades is to force people to use them wisely, but as of now it is rather forcing people to use them quickly so that they can rebuy. In my opinion, just because you have a target for a new grenade doesn't mean that you should be able to magic one up; you can/must buy guns to equip yourself, but there's no dude posted up slinging HE grenades out of the back of a van in your spawn. When the round starts, from a realism standpoint, you are "deployed", and shouldn't be able to buy anything. Now, from a gameplay standpoint, that would be annoying and limits planning, so I understand why this is not the case. The game is giving your team planning and strategy time, as well as leeway to people who are slow to buy or stepped away from the keyboard, not a free pass to spam nades.

Personally, I have absolutely NO problem with people throwing grenades blindly. If you watch urban warfare training, I think you'll find they do a lot of "blind" flashbanging, etc.

However, rebuying? I can't see the realism OR gameplay advantage of this. Please outlaw rebuying of any kind. "Never purchase more of an item than you or your team can hold." Basically this outlaws rebuying nades personally, waiting for someone else to use their's, then buying one, spamming smoke grenades from spawn, and several other sketchy "buy-exploiting" behaviors.

IMO: There never should be more than 8 HE, 14 smokes, and 28 flashbangs on any given round, and never more than the player count allows (no buying 14 flashes with 3 players). Same with scout and para, unless it's an accident (of course I have never seen any abuse on this).

Opinions?

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Re: Rebuying items.

I believe we've talked about this to some degree, but
    a few of my thoughts:

standing in spawn and spamming continously - kind of sucks

Rebuying - could kind of simulate the fact that (for CTs) there is a Van full of supplies and I suppose Ts could have some sort of stash

realize you can only rebuy for 1 minute. I know it slows the game down some, but if the offensive team slows down a bit, keeps the defensive team from rebuying so easily.

summary: I agree and don't. Helpful, aren't I?
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Your spawn is basically your muster point. If your team is rushed as defense and you are still near spawn and can buy nades then you are at the advantage of being in "home" territory or near your supply.

As an offense you wait it out if you don't want that situation.

- -

Comment

Which we have waited out at times to try and pull nades also after the minute.

FUN FUN

Comment

I admit, I do this whenever I can( which is not too often) but don't get it wrong, I only use it against confirmed targets. I also see a lot of people accusing others of nade spam when all they did was pick up nades. I think my record is 5 picked up nades in a round.

Comment

My personal opinion is that I like when there are only 4 grenades per team.

It allows you to count grenades and see when they're out so you can proceed.

Comment

You can count the nades after the minute is up... but it gets hard when your people die w/ nades and give the opposition yours.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Originally posted by Saphric View Post
                My personal opinion is that I like when there are only 4 grenades per team.

It allows you to count grenades and see when they're out so you can proceed.
                But in the real world how do you know how many nades the opposition is bringing at you? They could be rolling a wagon full of nades with them for all you know.

Since it is limited in game, you have the ability to count "AFTER" the minute re-buy time is up. Which is just knowledge that you can use to your advantage. Just like knowing it is better to shoot a guy when he is reloading Vs when he is slinging bullets your way...LOL!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Quick solution: stay away from the enemy until the buy time is complete.
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Edit: Nevermind.
                    Last edited by Saphric; 01-31-2009, 01:05 AM.

Comment

I agree, there is essentially a stash, and this is acceptable to buy nades. As everyone's already said, you want to avoid the problem, wait for a minute.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                      Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                      Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

I disagree. I think there should be no rebuying.

I'm picking on skylark a little here, but "could kind of simulate the fact that (for CTs) there is a Van full of supplies and I suppose Ts could have some sort of stash" to me, is untrue.

Simply because we don't have a van full of supplies. What we have is a buying agent. They are not going to be supplying weapons to you near a combat zone. You are going to buy them before hand, then go in to combat. There is no 'white van' with a guy in there selling nades and guns out the back...then burning off after 1 minute. The reason why you can buy in a combat zone is because it is a game, and was convenient for the people who made the game to do it that way.

In real life, you are dropped in your combat zone with gear.

Now, this would be different if there was an unlimited amount of money...which I would like to see on this server, but thats a whole other thread. In this, I could see it as a crate was dropped with equipment in it, take what you want, come back for more if you need it.

Another loophole in the 'stash' theory is after one minute...the stash suddenly disappears? Doesn't make sense.

To me, this is equivalent to using game physics to your advantage.
                        -Cody

Comment

after one minute, the warrenty expires?
                          after one minute, the agent gets a better offer from the swat team down the street?
                          after one minute, the agent gets arrested for selling non-sanctioned equipment?

More realistic answer - at one minute, that just HAPPENS (in a james bond coincidental sort of way) to have been the last one? a sort of "whoops, sorry but your buddy just took the last one!"

Hey, I don't particularly care which way it goes... I just like an offial ruling so I know what to do! We skylarks aren't big on independent action, unless it involves killing oneself or a friendly.

added for silliness/extremism: so why can we ONLY have 1 HE, 1 Smoke and TWO flashes? why can't we have four nades total of whatever we want?
                          Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                          " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

LOL sky you really know how to end a topic with a ... umm.. something.. <3 thanks for input everyone :)

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

<throws 5 nades at Aesop, then runs away>
                              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...