Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bomber Spotted.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bomber Spotted.

    I want to bring this up for discussion. I have seen lately on the servers a bunch of players treating the Bomber spotted as if the bomb was called down. This should never be the case. While it is good to know where the bomber is and where it is going, players still need to maintain their objectives. Guard the bombsites, if the bomber is lost track of, he could easily double back and goto the site you just left. I don't know how many times I have heard players being accused of killhunting because they rushed into an area where the bomber was spotted. If you are going to check to see if after engagement whether bomb is down, and you communicated that to your team, then that is one thing. But, if your chasing the bomber away from your objective, you're most likely falling for a trap. Either you will get picked off, or they pick off teammates you left at the objective, further lessening your chances of success. Only move off your objective when bomb is called down. This doesn't mean you can't shift the defense of your objective to counter a push from where they were spotted, but don't use the sighting of the bomber as an excuse to killhunt.
    sigpic





  • #2
    Re: Bomber Spotted.

    If the bomber is spotted in ct territory, move as many men as you can to hit him. There's no way the bomber can make it to your site past you if you spread out properly. If it turns out the bomber isn't there, just head back to your posts. Most maps are built so that the bomber shouldn't be able to get to the site before you.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Bomber Spotted.

      Originally posted by Potshot View Post
      If the bomber is spotted in ct territory, move as many men as you can to hit him. There's no way the bomber can make it to your site past you if you spread out properly. If it turns out the bomber isn't there, just head back to your posts. Most maps are built so that the bomber shouldn't be able to get to the site before you.
      How is this not kill hunting? Take Dust_2, you can see the bomber run across double doors towards, so by this logic, you could rush T spawn as soon as the bomber is spotted. The objective is not the bomber, it's denying T's access to the bomb sites. If your pulling people off site to engage the enemy outside the site, your leaving a site undefended. Only pull off the site your protecting when the other site requests your assistance. And even then, leave atleast 1 person there so you know if they doubled back.
      sigpic




      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Bomber Spotted.

        I, as a personal tactic, don't usually run over to help just because bomb is spotted. If it is spotted in a place that can easier be flanked and secured, then I will, but that doesn't happen much.

        I've always viewed the prime objective to prevent the bomber from planting and activated the bomb, not to kill the bomber. Unless someone calls the whole team rushing B (Using dust 2 example), then send everyone over there except one or two at A. Don't ever take everyone off of a site if you can help it.

        If someone spotted bomb in the B tunnel, we usually just send an extra person into the tunnel from middle. You don't need to send the entire team over there. Otherwise you risk having a couple flanker terrorists come around the A side and catch us from behind.
        "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
        "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump






        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Bomber Spotted.

          Your objective is the bombsite, it's very clear and simple. Not the bomber. The only time that changes is when the bomb is down.


          - -

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Bomber Spotted.

            Originally posted by Xen View Post
            How is this not kill hunting? Take Dust_2, you can see the bomber run across double doors towards, so by this logic, you could rush T spawn as soon as the bomber is spotted. The objective is not the bomber, it's denying T's access to the bomb sites. If your pulling people off site to engage the enemy outside the site, your leaving a site undefended. Only pull off the site your protecting when the other site requests your assistance. And even then, leave atleast 1 person there so you know if they doubled back.
            Note: I'm speaking about CT territory. By CT territory I mean area that is in between bombsites or otherwise clearly in an area which is usually controlled by CTs. For example in Dust_2(Why is it on the server anyway), CT area would by my definition be past the double doors, above the CT spawn, right outside the tunnels at B and the corner at long A. If bomb is spotted going towards B throught the middle, I would definitely have most if not all players at A move towards the mid and hit the bomber from behind, even if he isn't in the bombsite. if it happens that the bomber doubled back through the doors, you can quickly head back to your spots before he is able to hit A.

            I guess I didn't explain it well enough. I don't mean that you can take any way in once the bomb is spotted. I'm saying that shift your men towards it, and if the bomb is spotted clearly heading in to CT territory, try to kill him. This is not killhunting. I'm not suggesting you flank them through spawn. What I am suggesting is attacking the bomber from a surprising angle BEFORE he can actually try to breach the bombsite, as long as it doesn't jeopardize the defenses too much at another bombsite. The attacking side has advantage in numbers. Normally, if the whole team is heading towards one site, they expect 3-4 men on defense there. On defense, you sometimes have to take risks to be able to even those odds up as soon as possible.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Bomber Spotted.

              my tactics.. we secure our designated position and hunt enemies with in our post one by one..
              if there are two bomb site... we split into two teams and secure each bomb site..

              in that way whether the bomber is spotted in that area you can hide and play defense while calling for back up in that way other team can move behind the enemies thus increasing the chance of winning...
              If you show your head then your dead....

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Bomber Spotted.

                Originally posted by whitelancer11 View Post
                my tactics.. we secure our designated position and hunt enemies with in our post one by one..
                if there are two bomb site... we split into two teams and secure each bomb site..

                in that way whether the bomber is spotted in that area you can hide and play defense while calling for back up in that way other team can move behind the enemies thus increasing the chance of winning...
                Sure that 'sounds' like its increasing your chances... but if you really think about it... it is down right kill hunting and could be dangerous... Say the Ts have their entire team holding up with the bomb, half of your team is with you at one site, and half is at the other site. You see the bomber and call a flank from behind as you say... 9/10 half of your team isnt going to very effective against an entire T side guarding the bomb.. your flanking team is going to be wiped out due to being outnumbered and over anxtious. Then the Ts high tail it back to the un-guarded bomb site your flanking team left... bomb is planted, and now your half team has to move across the map to disarm the bomb, again outnumbered.

                Your plan is kill-hunting thru and thru. Like Vulcan said, the sites are your objectives, NOT the bomber OR the people around him. Protect the sites at all cost.
                Last edited by Dizlor; 01-08-2009, 04:11 PM.
                Dizlor


                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Bomber Spotted.

                  Originally posted by Potshot View Post
                  Note: I'm speaking about CT territory. By CT territory I mean area that is in between bombsites or otherwise clearly in an area which is usually controlled by CTs. For example in Dust_2(Why is it on the server anyway), CT area would by my definition be past the double doors, above the CT spawn, right outside the tunnels at B and the corner at long A. If bomb is spotted going towards B throught the middle, I would definitely have most if not all players at A move towards the mid and hit the bomber from behind, even if he isn't in the bombsite. if it happens that the bomber doubled back through the doors, you can quickly head back to your spots before he is able to hit A.

                  I guess I didn't explain it well enough. I don't mean that you can take any way in once the bomb is spotted. I'm saying that shift your men towards it, and if the bomb is spotted clearly heading in to CT territory, try to kill him. This is not killhunting. I'm not suggesting you flank them through spawn. What I am suggesting is attacking the bomber from a surprising angle BEFORE he can actually try to breach the bombsite, as long as it doesn't jeopardize the defenses too much at another bombsite. The attacking side has advantage in numbers. Normally, if the whole team is heading towards one site, they expect 3-4 men on defense there. On defense, you sometimes have to take risks to be able to even those odds up as soon as possible.
                  Thanks for the clarafication, I just want to say though, on maps like Forest, the bombsites are too far apart to do this and be effective. If the scouter in the middle goes down, there's too many ways for T's to come from to pull anyone off either site. Then usually you see another person try and take the scouters spot, but I have seen too many get picked off while trying to move into position. I would say at that point, stick to the objective and wait until you know the T's are commited to a bombsite then call in the calvary. While it's good to try and anticipate your enemy, and be in place he doesn't expect, just insure your still on objective.
                  sigpic




                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Bomber Spotted.

                    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/counter...er-things.html

                    We cover some of this in this thread. Check it out. I had alot more to say but I accidently deleted it and have to jet :(

                    Basicly you have to confirm coms before you move. If its stated that the whole T team is moving in you must ask again how many or is the bomber spotted?

                    Confirming will keep your team more organized. Also if the threat isnt that big you dont want your whole team moving just so they can get in each others way to get each other TKed and worse killed from the 3 stooge syndrome.



                    FUN FUN

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Bomber Spotted.

                      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/counter...er-things.html

                      We covered this a while back. Check this thread.


                      Sometimes you get that one person that says "why didn't ya'll come help us the whole T team was in the site". Well for 1 I have found that if you don't confirm a count its useless to move the whole team over. Thats why using comms you should confirm what is happening. You need intel.

                      Is the bomber there? Is the bomb down? Whats the enemy count? Sometimes its very important to know if a sniper is present. I know you can't ask all these questions without killing comms thats why these coms must be accurate to begin with. Calm down take a deep breath and relay the exacts. Honestly i will move over much faster to a trusted communicator then a spastic communicator.

                      Hey I found it enjoy :)



                      FUN FUN

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Bomber Spotted.

                        Actually Spar, this is different. I'm not talking about flanking, I'm talking about bomber being called out and the team going on the offensive and attacking his position. This is strait killhunting. Com's or not, you should not leave your objective, unless you're being requested to move by the guys on the other objective.
                        sigpic




                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Bomber Spotted.

                          Well its still covered in the thread. If you didnt read it read it :) But no its not titled so your thread isnt bad Im just suggesting to read that. Or should I just copy and paste?



                          FUN FUN

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Bomber Spotted.

                            I did read it spar, and flanking is different then strait rushing to the bomber as soon as he's spotted. While adjusting your defense to anticipate where he was spotted is fine, moving off objective is not, unless the bomber has gain access to a site.
                            sigpic




                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Bomber Spotted.

                              Ok I reread your post and this is off objective which is against the rules. What I'm getting at is tactics and my opinion on them. Bomber spotted and flanked or run in is killhunting. Theres no comms or teamwork and its off objective. Action should be taken.

                              But organized and this doesnt turn out to be crap and you wont lose teamates and only discourage the NME. All the rules apply all the time.

                              Are we warning the players or are we talking tactics? I'm must be reading this wrong. I do understand the Killhunt. Are we saying just dont do anything or are we talking tactics involved?

                              I understand when you don't have a team captain giving orders this can happen easy.



                              FUN FUN

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X