Tactically Inclined...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactically Inclined...

Mom has decided to post a tactics thread..

As far as I can understand and realize, I have good days and bad days, just like everyone else does. For some reason, I have more good days than bad days. I've been kicked and banned from several servers because I "uneven the teams" too much.

I've taken on entire clans and won. I've accomplished a lot of nothing, really, except pride I suppose.

I've been complimented a bit in the server, and I think that everyone can rely on me to take the lead when no one else will. Therefore, I think that my words will be read and ackowledged as good ideas on how to play or whatever.

I've decided to post a list of tactics, and scenarios, and what to do when faced with these... scenarios.

I don't play much terrorists, and we all know that I suck when I do, so most of this will be CT based.

I'm going to list two maps, and every possible scenario I can think of for these maps.

My first map is going to be cs_office.

From the CT perspective, you start on the bottom and run towards the front windows. If you look to your right you will see two windows and some stairs heading into the office hallways.

I normally shoot these windows out, spinning around while still running towards the far window headed into the back office. This may seem like ignorance or stupidity, but once you can hit all of those windows with one bullet atleast, while still running towards the back window, and NEVER slowing down, you have learned a trick of mine.

I don't know if you notice a lot, but Mom hardly ever stops moving, unless I'm camping.

Movement, dodging and shooting etc, always helps in battle.

Anyways, you go up the ladder to the back window. Normally, one of the allies behind you has already shot it out, and I'd like to slap every idiot who does this. No offense to the lot of you, but this distorts my vision and I cannot see terrorists shooting at me. I normally climb the ladder and just before I'm off of it hit the right strafe button, which is d on my setup. This will shoot you off the ladder and onto the ledge without even hardly being in front of the window. This will give you more of an advantage and more of a surprise.

I normally strafe out in front of the window standing up, but making no noise. You can accomplish a possible 2 steps without making noise. This helps a LOT with recon and scouting. Do NOT be seen if possible, but see them. In the event of the window being broken, I normally chuck a flash/smoke in, go in and directly to the flower pot you will see before you. This wall is decent cover from grenades and etc. In this position, an HE nade will do almost exactly 8 damage to you if there is one chucked into the room. Depending on how close to the wall the nade is. Then, you are going to want to move back against the counter thing so that you can make a clear right strafe, while looking down the hallway, across the room. This will also give you an advantage.

If you absolutely CAN NOT get into this room, you can walk along the ledge and go to the two windows you saw before. This will give you a side entrance to the room you were just trying to get in to. This will also give you a clear view down the long hall. Get INSIDE one of the windows as soon as possible.

One of the most detrimental effects of fighting is getting gang-banged from 2-4 directions. You need to make sure you always have cover behind you, and a fallback point. You need somewhere where you can fall back to. Recover from grenades, reload, throw grenades, etc.

Let's say that you went into the window that faces the long hall. Walk directly forward about 4-5 steps and look to the left. You will see a fallen coke machine. This provides EXCELLENT cover for both teams. Be careful of crouching terrorists on the other side of it. Be SLOW, be calm. DO NOT jump if you see someone. I know we all get scared at one point, but if you jump entirely too much, you are dead. Period. The calmer of the two people fighting is going to win. Period. If you are panicing and bursting with the wrong gun, you will be empty on ammo, and you will die first. No questions asked.

Crouch on the right side of the coke machine and slow down. Pause for a moment to listen for footsteps or noises that you can note are triggered by items or certain parts of the floor. Memorize the map noises. KNOW _exactly_ where what noises are made. Know when someone is behind you from the noises. Know when they are left or right or ahead. This will give you the ULTIMATE advantage.

Continue around the corner so that you are back in the long hall behind the filing cabinets. If you are spotted this far into the route, you are going to need to reroute to the back side of CT spawn, all the way back thru CT spawn and come up the back side of the office.

I have to go at this point. I need a ciggarette and lunch break is almost over.

I will continue later....

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Tactically Inclined...

Awesome Points... keep going...

Comment

Most excellent. I wonder if we can use screenshots of the overlay of the map with pointers to help? I've wanted to get ahold of overhead views of the maps to plan strategy while not playing. I know where people tend to go and whatnot, don't get me wrong lol
      "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Comment

Afternoon break.. got 6 minutes before the net shuts off again... thanks for the replies... I will continue soon, and I will also get overheads for the maps and draw out diagrams of my tactics... that's easy. I can draw the damned map in paint if I have to...

Continuing soon...

-Mom
        Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom
          I don't know if you notice a lot, but Mom hardly ever stops moving, unless I'm camping.

Movement, dodging and shooting etc, always helps in battle.

Be SLOW, be calm. DO NOT jump if you see someone. I know we all get scared at one point, but if you jump entirely too much, you are dead. Period. The calmer of the two people fighting is going to win. Period. If you are panicing and bursting with the wrong gun, you will be empty on ammo, and you will die first.
          No questions asked.-Mom
          Moving does not always help you. You are obviously more accurate sitting/standing still. It DOES help not getting hit. But not help your hitting them.

Being too calm is bad. I try to stay a little anxious, so when a T, scared, jumping, running, and panicking; so the T can be hit when he does this around a corner when your crouched. Also, mostly whenever you rush inside a building/complex; You can easily defeat an enemy by running through aiming at the camping spots as you come across them right before you turn the corner. You will be anticipating someone sitting there. Camper cannot hit you as easily if they are mellow and you are running and jumping at them.
          A PRIME example of the running/jumping = fr33bird
          You bring up awesome points. That playing style works great for you, and I, personally, respect your abilities ;) However, not all styles work for everyone, so I am trying to provide the opposite outlook on things.
          In addition. IMHO, I have a combo style of playing that incorporates both of these.
          We are the music makers,
          and we are the dreamers of the dream.
          Wandering by lone sea breakers,
          and sitting by desolate streams.
          World losers and world forsakers,
          for whom the pale moon gleams.
          Yet we are movers and the shakers of the world forever it seems.

Comment

***Continued***

Now, you are facing 3 possible paths. The back hall that will take you to the long hall which almost ALWAYS has terrorists in. The long front hall which connects to the main office near the hosties and faces the elevators. And the back glass which comes out right at the elevators you'd be facing in the second path. Normally, you're not alone right yet, and you're seeing your allies move by you. They're normally dying at the long hall, or dying trying to kill the terrorists covering the elevator entrance.

I, normally, would choose the main office, but I also know how to get past the long hall.

Let's start with it.

So you've come into the long hall from the back office. You are at the intersection of the long hall and the hall you just came from from the coke machine. You have several choices here.

If no allies are near you, smoke and flash the hall. Smoke first, flash second. No HE yet. Save it if you haven't used it already.

Walk through the smoke, no noise. Make sure you are ready to take cover against the usable coke machines. Normally there is one T on the left and one t on the right. From the coke machine thing there, you can see the doorway where the t on the right would be standing with ease. I do not especially like this hall, as it normally results in the CT being pinned down.

Take out the guy on the right, then attempt to flash the guy on the left. Rush him, jump towards him and crouch and land and shoot.

You will normally win, if aimed right and you're calm. This is a major factor in battle. If YOU have the rush and the surprise, the enemy will be caught off guard and you will have the advantage. Simple as that. Although, you do have to do certain things right to get that advantage. Silence is a must, and aim is a must.

Now, if this has gone successfully, you are now in the hallway headed towards the first set of two hostages. Go into the room and make sure it's clear. Watch over the counter for t's. Sometimes, there will be a terrorist against the glass on the couch right beside the hosties. Outside your view as you first come through the door. Always check this spot as it will result in your death if he ends up behind you.

DO NOT touch the hosties. Hosties are noisy and ignorant. I see my allies do it all the time and it gets me and them both killed. First thing T's think when the hosties are touched is, "OMG WE MUST KILL HIM! GO GO GO!!!"

Then you have 5 or 6 t's on you, on top of hosties in the way. Everything you just tried to accomplish is ruined.

Anyways, move through the set of doors and on into the next room, slowly. Pause in this small coridor between the doors to listen. Normally, if T's are moving in the dark office/conference room, you can hear them bumping into things as there is a LOT of objects in this room.

You're going to want to check your right, and make sure it's clear. Then as you come out of the doorway crouched, you're going to check to see if someone is inside the room. If you see an enemy running away from you and he doesn't see you.. DO NOT fire. That will kill you, instantly.

It's been a golden rule for about 5 years now. Sometimes, you have to spare someone. It will get you farther in the long run.

Anyways, you now have two choices. You can either go through the big doors you are looking through right now, or you can circle around and go through the back way.

Either way, if you aren't careful and precise, you are dead.

There is no pros and cons of the back way and the front way. They are both equally deadly. A terrorist behind the table can kill you just as well as a terrorist behind the hosties can.

Now, sometimes you run into chairs and filing cabinets in the way at this point. This is going to cut your options. You no longer have two choices, you have one. To go in quick and deadly.

In the case of them being blocked off, you still have the nade, right?

Get your angle right and chuck the nade back towards the hosties. I know, I know. Injuring the hosties on purpose is a sin, but you didn't kill them. You need the noise from the hosties plus the chairs in the back to move. The HE is a distraction. Chuck the HE in, move the chairs with the HE and hurt atleast one hostie. This is going to confuse the terrorists, as they probably do not know you're outside their room.

Once the nade is thrown, you will follow it. If a terrorist sees the nade, he is going to run for cover so that he doesn't get hit. The room is dark so the nade isn't going to be seen easily, so you're going to have to rely on the noise.

Once the noise is made, you should already be in the room. You will either see terrorists run out of the way or they will take the damage and it will end in a one hit kill on your part, as they're normally at about 46.

The middle thing in this room provides for excellent cover, but you have to be smart about it. Listen to the other footsteps instead of yours as you run. If he is trying to get behind you, you get behind him. Or vice versa.

Once this room is clear, if there are still terrorists left, you have an issue. You have hosties that you need to move, and you need to do it quickly enough as to escape without being chased by too many enemies.

Grab the two hosties in front of you and go back out the way you came in. Catch the other two hosties and stop. Listen for footsteps at this point. You need to stop for atleast 1 second maybe 2. No longer. If you hear no footsteps, then the terrorist(s) was not close enough to hear the hosties being taken, and you are almost in the clear. ALWAYS listen. Hosties do not make footstep noises. Remember this.

If you hear an extra set of footsteps, 9 times out of 10 it is behind you.

Stop and use the hosties as cover. You will have the element of surprise. Turn around as quickly as possible and shoot THROUGH the hosties and not at them.

Now, if you manage to survive this, you are normally in the clear.

Run out the window, cap hosties, win.

As for the other entrance to the hosties. The back way into the conference room/dark room. This way is a bit more tactical. Normally, the terrorist angle above yours gives them the advantage.

You are going to have to hope you still have a flash, and throw it. If not, you should still have the HE left. Throw the HE so that it bounces off the right door and inside the dark room. This will normally be just close enough to the table to create a distraction.

Remember that HE's stun. If an enemy is hit by an HE, then you should hear it. It sounds like a headshot most times if it's a hard hit. You will then rush in, shoot him, grab hosties and get the fak outta that room ASAP!

In the event that there are two terrorists in this room, kill the first, and make sure you can find cover. Use the middle wall thing to your advantage again. Dodge the enemy as best as possible and try to get behind him.

If you can manage to survive this, then revert back to the other two hosties and grab them and escape, using the same path and tactics.

My fingers hurt. I'm done for now. I will complete this later on. Gluck with what I've given you so far.

-Mom
            Yer Mom /O>

Comment

One more thing. If you wonder how I and others get headshots a lot, it's a trick. When you croutch, you will notice your crosshairs do crazy things. Normally, if you start firing before you crouch, when you do, your bullets will go up and then back down. You will end up in a headshot...

-Mom
              Yer Mom /O>

Comment

One more thing. If you wonder how I and others get headshots a lot, it's a trick. When you croutch, you will notice your crosshairs do crazy things. Normally, if you start firing before you crouch, when you do, your bullets will go up and then back down. You will end up in a headshot...

-Mom
                I'm sorry. Can you please clarify on the subject?

Also, when you said "Gluck to what I gave you so far" If you mean that I was shredding your work and trying to demean it. You are wrong. I was simply trying to politely show another point of view so that other gamers may be better informed overall. If any did not know this already. :icon12:
                We are the music makers,
                and we are the dreamers of the dream.
                Wandering by lone sea breakers,
                and sitting by desolate streams.
                World losers and world forsakers,
                for whom the pale moon gleams.
                Yet we are movers and the shakers of the world forever it seems.

Comment

Gluck = good luck... lol

I respect that you are showing your side and it will definately help in the perspective. This is how I run. This is exactly how I run on office. It's hard to describe every detail to the point that I do, because it's all in my head and it's how I do things. Of course, this isn't going to work for everyone. But I see a lot of people that it will work for. A lot of people who want to be slow and calm and do things precisely and never even get shot. The element of surprise is, of course, the greatest advantage over all.

Clarify on which subject? The crouching? And clarify what? How? Do I need to shoot you in the face to clarify? Lol.. Not sure what ya mean bro...

Another thing, the aiming at the camping spots trick? Yes... you can. But I am referring to how to play when I am alone. If I were to do all this by myself, with no other allies, against about 4-6 people. Chances are, I'm teh win!

You're plan is good, because normally it's not 1 vs 4... it's normally 6 vs 6 with firefights in other sides of the map making noise to cover the foosteps you are making as you run into the area, looking at camping spots. I still don't see the logic in this, as when you do run in looking at one camping spot, chances are there is more than one enemy and more than one camping spot.

Maps were designed around tactics. The creators did not want this game to turn into a death match/frag fest. If you don't believe me, download a few map's in .bsp format and look at them. You will notice that every corner has an opposite corner. Every hiding spot has a back entrance. Every camping related area has a spot that can see it clearly.

The main way to win is to be at the right place at the right time. We've all seen one person take out 6 or 8 people in a cut off point with a single m4. It happens. Cut off points were designed so it would. So that the person who did it gets that moment of glory and plays 2 more weeks after that just to try to get it again. Because we all know, when we see someone kill 3 people with a nade, or 6 people in a row with an m4... we say to ourselves, "Nice..."

We also type it. And we all want to see it. This may not be why everyone plays the game, and in the majority of it, it's not. The game is also very addicting due to all the friends you will make.

I'm not thinking along the lines of taking out enemies, I'm thinking about rescuing hostages. My guide/layout is a direct way to get in, and get out with the hosties. And the second map will be a de_ map.

Fox and the rest of the people who I played with tonight. I do respect and appreciate your help when I was organizing the team. Tonsofmoney was being the biggest assclown I've ever seen in my life and I just wanted to shoot him in the face and murder his family.

But, I tried to hold my calm.

I am also putting this out in hopes that someone will take my advice at the tourney. The more tactically inclined people are, the better it will be to watch. We all know there's going to be some VERY close matches and EXTREMELY intense moments.

I always like to read other people's tactics, Fox, and if the rest of you would post after me as Fox did, I'd appreciate it. Possibly give me some hints and ideas I didn't think of.

But, like I said last time, and for Fox only, "Good Luck with what we've gave you so far!"

-Mom
                  Yer Mom /O>

Comment

-Mom

You could also try aiming for people's heads, which seems to work well for the rest of the population. :P

Comment

Lol, of course aiming for the heads is good, rs_j. But, think of it this way. If you were in the real world with an m4 carbine assault rifle, and you saw an enemy. What are you going to aim for? The enemy that's shooting at you, or the head of the enemy that's shooting at you. You aim for chest, fire and crouch. Headshot almost every time. The way your gun jerks is realistic and it would probably happen the same way IRL.

-Mom
                      Yer Mom /O>

Comment

I think I'm going to leave this here.

I will continue it when I feel up to it. I've given you some of my tactics, but the second map I was going to use is going to be played in the tourney, and I don't want joo all to know what I'll be doing... heh...

-Mom
                        Yer Mom /O>

Comment

I know a good tactic, dictate who gets the bomb every round and when people get fed up with listening to your crap start crying about it and kill yourself. That seem to work great on Prodigy
                          I love going down to the elementary school, watching all the kids jump and shout, but they dont know Im using blanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemorrhoids
                            I know a good tactic, dictate who gets the bomb every round and when people get fed up with listening to your crap start crying about it and kill yourself. That seem to work great on Prodigy

?

Comment

The term megalomaniac comes to mind....maybe thats a bit harsh though.
                              Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                              Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X