Flashes and Grenades, A Guide to Counter-Strike’s Throwables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flashes and Grenades, A Guide to Counter-Strike’s Throwables

One thing to add about Flash grenades ( i dont remember reading it possible was there and i missed it) .. is to make sure if at all possible to make the flash grenade "go off"
    in the air.. if it is sitting on the floor when it "charges out" it covers less area and last a shorter amount of time.. just FYI-IMHO :)

and a good funny tech. i like to use sometimes if i know they are close by.. is to throw a smoke nade.. most people automatically think its flash and start to turn..
    as soon as you throw it.. and hit bounces the first time.. jump out and surpise them...
    they will figure it out that its not a flash but by then its usually to late.. or you've at least gotten an extra .8 secound jump on them : ) .. again just another FYI-IMHO
    -'~-,~-'~-Essence-Of-Judas-,~-~'-~,-
    "Real Me Scout"
    Pronunciation: 'skaut
    Etymology: from Middle French escouter to listen,
    1 : to explore an area to obtain information (as about an enemy)
    2 : to observe in order to obtain information or evaluate
    3 : to use rifle and pick off opposition
    4 : to watch for openings in defense for bomb run
    5 : headshot

Comment

Originally posted by EssenceOfJudas
      and a good funny tech. i like to use sometimes if i know they are close by.. is to throw a smoke nade.. most people automatically think its flash and start to turn..
      as soon as you throw it.. and hit bounces the first time.. jump out and surpise them...
      they will figure it out that its not a flash but by then its usually to late.. or you've at least gotten an extra .8 secound jump on them : ) .. again just another FYI-IMHO
      That's ballsy CS! Does it often work?
      Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
        lol... you knwo the funny thing is.. i find it works alot!!... especially in hallway areas.. they arent thinking smoke at anytime in hallways... llike office for example.. :)
        "Real Me Scout"

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
          It works on me. I'll hear the nade hit the wall or ground once and instantly turn around so I don't get flashed as bad. Then I hear it "tink" a couple more times, cluing me in that it's smoke and not flash, but by the time I turn back around, it's usually just in time to eat a bullet...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

correct me if I'm wrong, but dont all the nades have different sounds? It is just a matter of knowing what each one sounds like

Comment

Originally posted by nickhastapee
              correct me if I'm wrong, but dont all the nades have different sounds? It is just a matter of knowing what each one sounds like
              I think the issue is more that at the speed they are thrown at, flashes and smokes are similar shaped objects. Do you really want to take a chance its smoke when they can carry twice as many flashes? You've got to ask yourself - do you feel lucky punk? Well? Do you?

Shut up Root

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by nickhastapee
                Flash and smoke sound the same except smoke "tinks" three times, while a flash will only "tink" once...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                  Flash and smoke sound the same except smoke "tinks" three times, while a flash will only "tink" once...
                  To be more accurate, it takes roughly twice as long for a smoke grenade to "go off." The number of times a grenade bounces is dependent upon the wait time and how it is thrown, not to mention the geometry of the area you are in.

Comment

both smoke and flash play the exact wave file for the bounce.. i know.. i've dug into it to fidn out the difference :( ... and if im not mistaken both feed of the same wave that is a generic name.. making it impossible to change..

=(
                    "Real Me Scout"

Comment

wow, nice 411...thank you thank you :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X