Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Armor? To Buy or Not To Buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Armor? To Buy or Not To Buy?

    That is the question...........

    I can't fully understand Armor in CS:S....
    I'll have 6 hp and 85 Armor... possibly because of where I've been hit...
    I've been buying it whenever possible but wonder whether other players think it's a good investment in early rounds...
    And whether it works!

  • #2
    Re: Armor? To Buy or Not To Buy?

    It does make a difference, but I don't know the details.. I also think it's bugged somewhat, as sometimes you'll take damage and still have 100 armor.

    3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Armor? To Buy or Not To Buy?

      well i don't believe it'll protect your whole body just the chest and abdomen. Usually you'll notice damage changes, so when i get hit with a vest on it's like 35% less dmg, and i think the vest takes a percentage of that damage like 15% so that's why you end up with vest left even when you have little hp.


      - -

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Armor? To Buy or Not To Buy?

        hehe.. try the glock, usp, and duelies the 1st round vs. an armored guy.. it doesnt do nearly as much damage if the guy hadn't had armor..

        armor can reduce hits by up to 80%.. I always TRY to get it, unless I just have enough for a sniper rifle and ammo


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Armor? To Buy or Not To Buy?

          Originally posted by Vulcan
          well i don't believe it'll protect your whole body just the chest and abdomen. Usually you'll notice damage changes, so when i get hit with a vest on it's like 35% less dmg, and i think the vest takes a percentage of that damage like 15% so that's why you end up with vest left even when you have little hp.
          If I can find some time this week on an empty tg server, I might ask one of you guys to shoot at me...
          I'll log the results...

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Armor? To Buy or Not To Buy?

            I am always buying it, if it is in the budget. It certainly helps with the shots to the chest. I am curious to find out the results of your test.



            A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Armor? To Buy or Not To Buy?

              OK.. Unscientific Test w/ the Help of Section 8.(aka, the man of many tags)...
              I didn't track armor.. it always lasted till I was dead...
              I bought Kevlar and Helmet and Section 8 used a Standard Issue CT Pistol on me at very close range.

              Armor On...
              Chest, 16,16,16,16
              Hand 16,16,16
              Head 98
              Grenade at Feet 41,37

              No Armor
              Chest 33,33,33
              Hand 30
              Head 132
              Grenade at feet 81,84

              A couple of notes.. .
              hands are hard to hit.. feet aren't... and feet generated about 25 damage...
              Back and front of kevlar worked the same..
              With the helmet on I survived a direct point blank HS...

              Conclusion... Armor works and is a good thing to have and spend money on... :icon_bigg

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Armor? To Buy or Not To Buy?

                Very interesting. Thanks for the results! Would love to see something similar done for the AK and the m16.

                I assume the numbers with armor are always based on 100% armor?

                3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Armor? To Buy or Not To Buy?

                  In the old CS, there were two guns that had "armor piercing" ammo: the P90 and the Five-Seven. Armor had no effect if you were hit with either of these two guns...
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Armor? To Buy or Not To Buy?

                    Originally posted by Tempus
                    Very interesting. Thanks for the results! Would love to see something similar done for the AK and the m16.

                    I assume the numbers with armor are always based on 100% armor?
                    Agreed on the Weapons....

                    and

                    Doh.. I just let armor bleed down.. interestingly though.. the hit numbers stayed the same as long as the armor was in effect...

                    A start at least

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Armor? To Buy or Not To Buy?

                      Ill post the screenshots if anyone wants to see exactly where I hit him.


                      aside:
                      -mlm- | <<< clan tag
                      TG << well, cuz i love it here
                      [F-Shock] <<tourny team

                      maybe i should shorten my name to 8...but i dont think anyone would get it...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Armor? To Buy or Not To Buy?

                        Actually Tempus, not sure if you knew this. But the "m16" is actually a Colt M4A1 carbine. Slightly smaller than the M16, but having an effective shooting distance of 40 or so meters less(accurately). The M4A1 can be fitted with a handle just under the front holding point of the gun, it is meant for use in CQB and allows for easier movement of the gun in tight situations with less error. (I wish we could get the handle in source!!!!!) But actually, the M4A1 has better aim if it's traditional holding position is sustained. The handle adds the benefit if extra/easier movement, it also adds structural rigidity to your body so that the gun is more easily tamed. However, it is not as accurate. In addition to this handle, the M4A1 can be outfitted with numerous technologically advanced items such as the LAM. (some of you may remember the LAM model from 1.4 days.)
                        We are the music makers,
                        and we are the dreamers of the dream.
                        Wandering by lone sea breakers,
                        and sitting by desolate streams.
                        World losers and world forsakers,
                        for whom the pale moon gleams.
                        Yet we are movers and the shakers of the world forever it seems.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Armor? To Buy or Not To Buy?

                          Originally posted by section-8
                          Ill post the screenshots if anyone wants to see exactly where I hit him.


                          aside:
                          -mlm- | <<< clan tag
                          TG << well, cuz i love it here
                          [F-Shock] <<tourny team

                          maybe i should shorten my name to 8...but i dont think anyone would get it...
                          Laughing... last night, somebody that had been whining about freeze times, started complaining about a player named "Klown"......

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Armor? To Buy or Not To Buy?

                            Wait, does anyone no if armor's effectiveness has to do with the hit points? I mean, if i get shot up one round, then use the same armor the next round, is that armor more likely to not reduce damage? Will a person with 50 a.p., hit in the chest take more damage from the same shot than a 100 a.p. person would?

                            I guess if Dog never bought new armor it'd be a "no" but I'd still like to see some data regarding how kevlar works for CS:S. Which bullets go through it (or walls for that matter), how good the helmet is for face shots etc.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Armor? To Buy or Not To Buy?

                              Originally posted by HairyNevus
                              Wait, does anyone no if armor's effectiveness has to do with the hit points? I mean, if i get shot up one round, then use the same armor the next round, is that armor more likely to not reduce damage? Will a person with 50 a.p., hit in the chest take more damage from the same shot than a 100 a.p. person would?

                              I guess if Dog never bought new armor it'd be a "no" but I'd still like to see some data regarding how kevlar works for CS:S. Which bullets go through it (or walls for that matter), how good the helmet is for face shots etc.
                              The a.p. dropped in a linear fashion during the test 1st, 2nd, and 3rd hit... as did my h.p....
                              I agree that a projectile test should be done as well...
                              The head shots were from the front... don't know exactly where Section-8 was aiming...But I did get the cool squishy headshot noise without dying...

                              Next time I'll set up my methodology ahead of time... I was sort of in the mode of "let's try this"... with 8,, and didn't want to monopolize his time...

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X