Setting your rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Setting your rates

I use default rates. Are you telling me Ill be better with these?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAA....

EDIT: THESE RATES MADE MY GAME PLAY LIKE ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
      To change these settings you need to know what they all do and you need to get some feedback to see if your changes are making things better or worse.
      snip
      I have seen detailed information on what the four commands do, plus using net_graph before but I couldn't find it now.

All of the above said, it is pretty easy to experiment with the three net_graph options (1, 2 and 3) as well as looking at your ping and how the game "feels" and then experiment with changing these settings in the console.
      Found.. this.. I understood half.. .
      I'll have to read it a few more times..
      (disclaimer.. I'm not an IT guy)

http://www.intheholecs.net/tutorials...0about%20Rates warning.. pop-ups.
      http://www.cszen.com/index.php/topic,1476.0.html

Comment

Section, that's why I said play around with them. For some people, it may not be good, and for others, it may help alot.

If you experience lag, and in ping lag..

make sure you typed in 25000
        not 2500 :)

3 zeros

Comment

i put my rate at 50,000 and droped the ping like ten points on some maps

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost
            How did you find out your choke value?
            In console, type "net_graph 3" (without the quotes).
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Thanks sniper. Since our specs are similar, I think the values you list will be the same for me. I'll tweak some. schweeet

Comment

Is it just me or does Graph 3 in CS:S suck? The one for NS is so much better.

Comment

I find a great way to improve hits. This web site I found has a download called "aimbot.exe", works wonders.

Comment

you just found it john? where have you been? :P

Comment

I'm using the default values, but I've never seen anything but a 0 loss and my choke has gone to 2 once. Should I still change anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Fush
                        I'm using the default values, but I've never seen anything but a 0 loss and my choke has gone to 2 once. Should I still change anything?
                        Actually, having low values would result in almost no loss or choke, because the server is sending you so few updates there's little chance of them getting lost or overloading your connection :)

Increasing rates is mainly to increase responsiveness, and decrease "omgwtfbs" kind of stuff, like shooting people in the head repeatedly only to have them laugh at you, or when you retreat around a corner but somehow get "shot" and teleported back to where you were a few moments before. Having rates set too low can cause those problems (although other things can cause them too)

Comment

Originally posted by rs_al
                          ...like shooting people in the head repeatedly only to have them laugh at you, or when you retreat around a corner but somehow get "shot" and teleported back to where you were a few moments before...

I get exactly those problems. So I should raise these values till I start getting loss and choke, and then start bringing them back?

Comment

Maybe you guys can tell me why with a 56K modem that my ping is 900 and the server ping is 1700.....Noel cower i guess is running the same thing and his ping is 250 max...

HELP

-Monkz
                            Allen: Yeah, you're right.
                            Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

Maybe Noel lives in Dallas?
                              [volun2]
                              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

No....i just think his rates are correct and mine are totally FUBARED...
                                Allen: Yeah, you're right.
                                Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X