• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Setting your rates

Try this.

rate = 4500
    cl_updaterate 14
    cl_cmdrate 14

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
      Try this.

rate = 4500
      cl_updaterate 14
      cl_cmdrate 14

Alright Temp...

Im on campus right now...ill have to wait till i get home...be there around 4CST

-Monkz
      Allen: Yeah, you're right.
      Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

Try this.

rate = 4500
        cl_updaterate 14
        cl_cmdrate 14

OMG i love you temp.....youre a god....it works.....i brought it down to 4000

and i am pinging 395 to 412....witch i dont mind right now...lol

lol

-monkz
        Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

To get the best online game on halflife mods, you should have the a high fps at all times (anything above 50 is good), any ping around 150 is good fora 56k modem, and you want to avoid getting ANYchoke or loss. The 3 main commands in your config.cfg file that can change these numbers are:cl_updaterate , cl_cmdrate , and rate. The defaults for these are: cl_updaterate 20, cl_cmdrate 30, andrate 3500. There is no "perfect" combination, as itall depends on your modem, modem settings, ISP, phoneline etc. But you can improve these settings.
          If you're getting a very high ping, 250-300, and youare using a 56k modem, try raising the rate slightlyto around 4000, and bring the updaterate down toaround 18. If that doesn't help, fiddle with the cmdrate setting a bit, see if it helps. Different ratesapply to different people on 56k, so there's no fixedrates I can tell you to use. However, if you seem to begetting a large amount of loss and choke, try reducingcl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate respectively until the choke is gone. If by doing this, your ping rises again, you will just have to find an acceptable compromise.
          Ok, read these for more information:

http://forums.cyborg2.com/archive/in...p/t-24847.html
          http://www.kortclan.com/tutorials_hltweaks.php

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
            Or in your console, if you're so inclined.
            How do you change these in the console? Is there a "set" command or something?
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

You just type something like:

updaterate = 5000

Comment

I believe you're not to include the equal sign.

ex:

cl_updaterate 60
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Okay, I did like the link Dog gave told me to and still get 300 ping and 50 choke. I have DSL with 272 Upstream and 640 Downstream. Here's the rates I got from those formulas:

cl_cmdrate "100" *100 ismaxed out, was supposed to be 904 something.
                  cl_updaterate "409"

'cl_rate' and 'rate' keep getting removed from my config entirely, so that's kinda really annoying. Anyone got any ideas? Before this I tried pretty much every one's suggested rates, nothing has worked. Should I just go ahead with the uninstall?

Comment

1. DO use the starting rates I showed you above.

2. RATES will most likley have to be changed for different servers. (sometimes, and sometimes not) But ALWAYS pay attention to your net_graph when you connect to a server.

2. Set cl_cmdrate 1 increment more than your fps_max. (Or your highest fps you get on that map at the time) UNLESS your on lower bandwidth connection. ie. 56k and slower dsl. Than set it to around anywhere from 35-60. i suggest 25-40 for 56k

3. Setting cl_updaterate higher causes ms to go down. BUT makes choke higher.

4. Setting rate higher by increments of 500 when you have choke causes choke to go down.(To a point) If you raise rate too much for your connection to handle than you will notice much higher than usual ping. Mainly 56k and slower versions of dsl and asdl have to worry about this. But it shouldnt be a problem for people with 700kps+ connections.

5. DO use the methods I explained above.

Thanx man....imma spectate in a server and get my rates right

-monkz

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                      I believe you're not to include the equal sign.

ex:

cl_updaterate 60
                      That's why they pay you the big bucks! :D

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
                        Okay, I did like the link Dog gave told me to and still get 300 ping and 50 choke. I have DSL with 272 Upstream and 640 Downstream. Here's the rates I got from those formulas:

cl_cmdrate "100" *100 ismaxed out, was supposed to be 904 something.
                        cl_updaterate "409"

'cl_rate' and 'rate' keep getting removed from my config entirely, so that's kinda really annoying. Anyone got any ideas? Before this I tried pretty much every one's suggested rates, nothing has worked. Should I just go ahead with the uninstall?

Wow, no wonder your choke is soo high!!

Reduce your update rate, man!

Make it like.. 120 or below!!!

Comment

I've heard that updaterate should never be higher than 101..

Comment

But, the lag goes to 300 then. Tried it, believe me I tried a lot. The choke does go down to 30 after, though. =\

Comment

Use this...
                              cl_updaterate 15
                              cl_cmdrate 15
                              cl_rate 10000
                              rate 5000

That should fix your Problems.....

With these rates. i am Choke 0, Loss 0, FPS 75, and Ping 49-60

Oh Yes...dont forget the most amazing one yet...
                              @Slay Anyone Shooting At Me
                              I love this one....lol

-Monkz

Comment

Already unistalled CS:S and HL2, too late :o. Thanks anyways, all.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X