de_westcoast sewer.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_westcoast sewer.

ok, heres the deal. i was playin de_westcoast and i was guarding the sewer. well one round i decided to push all the way to the end of the sewer, where the T's would enter in. i was told that it was TOO FAR. now, to make my case this is how i see it and why i dont think its "too far". first off...theres only one way in and one way out...the T's can use the sewer to get to the bombsite, which im supposed to protect as a CT, so by gaurind the sewer, regardless where in it i am, i am playin my objective. now, if there were more than one entrance for the T's and i was in the same spot, yeah that wouldnt be playin the objective b/c they could possibly enter antoher way and come from my back.

the way i see it, is i was playin very tactical b/c i had the sewer locked down. i wasnt going to go up the stairs...i was gonna stop right at the entrance, obviously they didnt expect it, and thats the tactical advantage to that position. nobody ever uses it, its pushin the limits...yes, but i dont believe its wrong in any way...now if i went up the stairs, yes that could b to far b/c then im lookin into their spawn.

all in all i think its ok. i still had a full team left alive, if some of my guys were to die, of course i'd fall back closer to the bombsite. please give me your input, but i dont see how its illegal, as long as i dont go all the way up to see into the spawn.

thanks for your time,

.f0cUs
    Complacency Kills!!!

Re: de_westcoast sewer.

Your objective for that map is the bombsite. Westcoast being such a close quarters map(more rushing) IMO I wouldn't be playing the smart hand out that far, as by the time you fall back your whole team would be dead. This also should of probably been posted in the tactics discussion as well. Read up on/around http://www.tacticalgamer.com/counter...cs-discussion/ there are quiet a few posts similar to this that will answer your question better. GL HF :)

Comment

Up to our set of stairs (CT SIDE) is I say the furthest you go. The same place you saw me die that round, beyond that point is too far! Just remember if it is a DE map you objective is the Bombsite and Bomb before anything else no matter what.

Comment

i just dont understand how we can give the T's the entire tunnel to have their way. thats what tactics is, mixing it up so they dont know what to expect...if my whole team is still alive, which they were at the time...then im perfectly able to go that far, IMO.

but yeah if half my team were dead, i would be MUCH closer to the bombsite, prolly not even down the CT side stairs...i know tactics and i know objectives...honestly for those that know me i kinda feel bad b/c i do play objectives, heck this is pretty much the only server i play on...unless this server is dead. if there are people on this server im here and nowheres else, i love this style of play, i just enjoy pushing the limits, b/c most people on here get complacent (dont think i spelled that right) and its just a perfect setup to surprise them every now and then. Gets ur team a W for that round.

i dont push the limits often, but when i do...i do it at the right times when i know i can do it...trust me, i just think outside the box sometimes.

i would never, ever do somethin stupid w/ out the team and/or objective in mind. lol

so in closing, i would never go anywhere that puts the objective or my team at risk, i want that to be known right now and make it really clear...im a SM and only play on this server...as i said, unless its empty, in which case i might not even play cs:s.

sorry this post is long but i know im not wrong, its just that 90% or so of you arent used to someone pushing the limits like this and u dont do it urself, so you automatically think its illegal or wrong...but i always have the objective in mind...situation like the sewer on that map, just securing a chokepoint a lil further than most would, gets my team the WIN and thats all that matters...w/ the objective in mind of course :P
        Complacency Kills!!!

Comment

Ya see, I'm fine with CTs moving up almost all the way, the issue was that you were at our set of stairs shooting into spawn. It is a legitimate place to guard, but it's like the bridge in desert atrocity, even if it makes sense, it's not good to be shooting into spawn.

Comment

yes very true he was basically steps away from t spawn and shouldn't this be in the tactical discussion forum?

Comment

i thought about puttin this in the tactics forum, but i wasnt focusing on tactics as much as just explainin my case...if that makes sense.

i wasnt shooting into spawn?!?

first guy i shot was on the stairs...

anywho, i think everyone gets the idea and is understood...i'll just be more careful on how i approach situations like that.

but do be afraid if ur playin against, for i will push limits...and of course if someone ever thinks im wrong, please bring it up and we'll discuss it further to determine...but as i said before, im not one to go all crazy on maps, i keep the objective in mind at all times.

just wish i could play on the server more, so you all can see that i do play the correct way.

I FN love TG, #1 in my <3

.f0cUs
              Complacency Kills!!!

Comment

The question is where you near your objective, not where the enemy might be coming from, but are you guarding which one of their targets. It's just that simple. Think about it.

Comment

This is situational and you could be in the tunnel but i wouldn't push all the way to the stairs because there is no point to it that furthers your objective of guarding the bombsite AND detracts you from that objective by putting you way out of position. Keep in mind that you have to be ready to assist your teammates and you can't do that very easily down there focus. This is an objective AND teamwork style of gameplay.

- -

Comment

ok how bout this...the tunnel is one path the T's can use to get to the site, and by me being in the tunnel, cutting off that path, i am guarding my objective...im just in an unconventional spot...and i know how to play here...i've been playin here for almost 5 years now...took a couple off when i joined the military, but im back and i know how to play. i know what im doing, im playing the objective... i swear to you im playin the objective...it was at the very beginning of the round....

.f0cUs knows how to play.

im done w/ this discussion...thank you everyone for your input, and imma keep pushin the limits...just how i play...

complacency kills.
                    Complacency Kills!!!

Comment

The Ts can get closer to the sites then you without crossing CT territory or being spotted. That's why I consider it too far.

Comment

that makes sense....im still kinda new to that map, i would never do anything wrong or that didnt have the objective in mind...i just figured that in that instance, being alone...going further up in the tunnel than T's were used to, would benefit me and my team. i wouldn't do it every round...things like that are done just once a map type deal, and usually to the outcome of success for the team i am on. obviously if i did it every round, it wouldn't prove as successful as it usually is.

just let it be known, if i do, do that its only 1 time per map. just gotta mix it up for the opposing team, keep them guessin and on there toes...actually hopefully on there backs...DEAD!!! lol
                        Complacency Kills!!!

Comment

I would also like to point out, CT spawn looking down the stairs, you can see the T's legs before they can see the top of the stairs. This alone gives CT's a huge advantage because you can be shooting them before they can see who's at the top of the stairs. It's not like they are able to throw nades up at you without completely exposing themselves. So, I ask, why be in the sewers where they can see as much of you as you can of them, when you have a better spot to see them before they see you? Wouldn't seeing them before they see you be more tactical? And you're also in a much better position to respond to the request for help as, you're almost equal distance to both bombsites.

Just my two on it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xen View Post
                            I would also like to point out, CT spawn looking down the stairs, you can see the T's legs before they can see the top of the stairs. This alone gives CT's a huge advantage because you can be shooting them before they can see who's at the top of the stairs. It's not like they are able to throw nades up at you without completely exposing themselves. So, I ask, why be in the sewers where they can see as much of you as you can of them, when you have a better spot to see them before they see you? Wouldn't seeing them before they see you be more tactical? And you're also in a much better position to respond to the request for help as, you're almost equal distance to both bombsites.

Just my two on it.
                            i completely understand where you're coming from...and to be honest, thats how i pretty much do play that position...it's just that in this one instance i moved to a much more aggressive/progressed spot just for the element of surprise...think about it u play 4 rounds in a row at the top of the stairs like u said...well that 5th round they will more than likely b trying to figure out how to get passed you at that position, but to their surprise u are completely advanced through the sewers where they would not have ever expected and you take out half the team b/c of their complacency. Just to make it clear. the position we are talking about (being way in the tunnel) is only useful 1, MAYBE 2 times during the entire map...i wouldn't b there every round...does that make sense, its more of an ambush/element of surprise position...it wouldnt be as useful if i did it every round...likewise w/ being at the top of the tunnel...eventually they will figure somethin out...just hopefully the round they "figure out" how to defeat me at that position, will b the round im in that advanced position to completely annihalate them....think i spelled a nial ate wrong :)
                            Complacency Kills!!!

Comment

Originally posted by .f0cUs View Post
                              i completely understand where you're coming from...and to be honest, thats how i pretty much do play that position...it's just that in this one instance i moved to a much more aggressive/progressed spot just for the element of surprise...think about it u play 4 rounds in a row at the top of the stairs like u said...well that 5th round they will more than likely b trying to figure out how to get passed you at that position, but to their surprise u are completely advanced through the sewers where they would not have ever expected and you take out half the team b/c of their complacency. Just to make it clear. the position we are talking about (being way in the tunnel) is only useful 1, MAYBE 2 times during the entire map...i wouldn't b there every round...does that make sense, its more of an ambush/element of surprise position...it wouldnt be as useful if i did it every round...likewise w/ being at the top of the tunnel...eventually they will figure somethin out...just hopefully the round they "figure out" how to defeat me at that position, will b the round im in that advanced position to completely annihalate them....think i spelled a nial ate wrong :)
                              Well you objective as a CT is not to ambush or annihilate the the T's because that would be killhunting. Your objective is simple; guard the bombsites. If the T's were to have rushed the apartments to the B site (the bombsite that is on the left side of CT spawn) and you team was wiped out, you would be completely unable to fallback in time to provide support for your teammates or take back the bombsite. You would be left in a position where you would be outnumbered by the opposing force. Being pushed up in the tunnels will have no positive outcome (overall). You would be able to KILL most of the Terrorist team, but you would be unable to defend a site should they choose to rush through a direction away from the tunnels.
                              :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
                              |
                              |
                              .\__\
                              ...../

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement