Map specific Strat's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map specific Strat's

All strats are personal observations, giving some ideas and looking for some ideas.

Piranesi: A very effective way for the Terrorists to be consistant with wins and be hard to counter. It revolves around bombsite A. It's a three or four prong attack bomb going Double doors with a T, two-three T's taking the roof, and the last two taking middle / T side archway to A. I'll explain how it should work. Guys on the roof are there to keep the "snipers" heads down. Middle A is the most important because they can cover bombsite while having the most cover. The bomb and his backup's only job is to go plant and watch the large archway on CT side. Once planted, the bomber and his backup are sacrafices to the CT's. They are to lure the CT's in so the other T's in the higher locations can cover the bomb. Here's the excellent part about this if one part of the plan fails before the plant, the bomb can backtrack to B and plant. The rest of the team falls "back" to that bombsite.

Cbble: There are a few good strats I have seen on this map. Rushing either way is a crapshoot. Moving slow long A with a two person deversion at B works well. The two then fall back and go down and up ramp into A. CT's best bet is to stay in the Hallway between A and B and snipe like crazy. Have three looking back towards CT spawn and four looking at B. When someone drops the bomb, call it out, then flood out and cover it.

Dust2: For T's get a headcount. CT's smoke lower DD so they can't count ya. When running to A go both Short and Long about evenly. That way the defenders have to watch two way with less people. Remember, unless they leave one site completely undefended, T's have the advantage and by going both ways you increase that advantage. Bomb can go either way but should be at the end of the line. CT's gaurding A, keep your good snipers at the back of long A. Snipers at the DD may get lucky once and awhile but usually they respond to attacks at either bombsite. Short A grenades and automatic rifles. Simplely put.

More to come.
    sigpic

Re: Map specific Strat's

Originally posted by Xen
    Cbble: There are a few good strats I have seen on this map. Rushing either way is a crapshoot. Moving slow long A with a two person deversion at B works well. The two then fall back and go down and up ramp into A. CT's best bet is to stay in the Hallway between A and B and snipe like crazy. Have three looking back towards CT spawn and four looking at B. When someone drops the bomb, call it out, then flood out and cover it.
    I disagree. The CTs get masacred by Ts attacking A if they are in the hall in the middle. The Ts can snipe from long A, or come up the ramp and pop their heads round the door and spray or nade, or they can run past and plant. Even worse, CTs are sillouetted in the doorway and have no cover. You need one man scouting long A minimum.

When defending B, a sniper behind the site can be very effective at taking out the first one or two come through the door. Another man on the ground somewhere can provide crossfire and protect the sniper when the Ts burst through, giving time for backup to arrive. Lastly, rushing B is pretty much the only way for Ts to attack it as the door is such a strong choke point.
    Dust2: For T's get a headcount. CT's smoke lower DD so they can't count ya.
    I think u mean the other way around. It is a de_ map and the Ts are attacking. The CTs want a headcount.
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
      Iway for Ts to attack it as the door is such a strong choke point.
      I think u mean the other way around. It is a de_ map and the Ts are attacking. The CTs want a headcount.
      I think what he is talking about is that T's count how many ct's go to B to defend...Smoke obscures the counting process and prevents you getting picked off crossing the door gap...

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
        No I actually have been on Dust2 and many CT's run by the DD T's and count them from thier spawn and see which bombsite is less defended. It's a tactic that has only one counter smoke the DD so T's can't count how many are going towards B. It gives the CT's a moment to get setup unless the T's rush without getting a headcount.

As for Cbble, I've seen on more than a few occasions 1 or two CT's sit at that doorway looking towards A and take all the T's out. If the CT's know what to look for the T's from long hall are covered, as is the Ramp by the other 2 T's at different angle's. Now the two covering the ramp split the ramp in half wall closest to you to middle and middle to far wall of the ramp. The idea is if they pop thier head over the ramp it get's shot. The T's have to come into a CT's line of fire to rush the room. with a total of 7 ct's in that room spread out there's no way even 3 T's could kill them all. You don't have to stand right next to the door either getting down the ramp towards B alittle bit gives you cover making it harder to see or hit you.

As for the chokepoint at B, if they rush out the Door at B even if you have 4 people it's a foot race to get that sniper all the way back to the back. As a Lead rusher I've been able to get to the bullseye before CT's can get there. If there were 7 guns firing on me I doubt I would make it at all. As I have no cover to hide behind from the stairs or by jumping the rail, anyone with skill or clarion/m4/stolen AK should be able to pick me off. And by staying in the middle room, you have the edge. T's are more then likely thinking they have the site.
        sigpic

Comment

I think for Cobble, the best bet for CTs is to position 1 person in the sniper window, 1 or 2 more at A, and the rest spread between far B and the space between to two bombsites. If they are not going A, the sniper can call it out and the rest of the team can react to B. Very rarely do the Ts head to B and switch to A thru the tunnels.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
            I think for Cobble, the best bet for CTs is to position 1 person in the sniper window, 1 or 2 more at A, and the rest spread between far B and the space between to two bombsites. If they are not going A, the sniper can call it out and the rest of the team can react to B. Very rarely do the Ts head to B and switch to A thru the tunnels.
            2 of my favorite strategies on cbbl are:
            1:Rush like you're going tunnel to A. Make sure sniper in tower or another CT see's the entire group. Take that CT out, then make a quick left through the door to B.
            2: Through the building like you're going B, but actually leave the building towards the A tunnel and SNEAK along the wall and down into the A tunnel. You'll take a little hit when you drop off the wall, but if you leave someone there and land on them, only the first person takes a hit.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X