de_port...just another dust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_port...just another dust

maybe im wrong... but it looks like 1 is closer to the CTs but the other might actually be farther away.... I mean...its just going to be another dustrushfest2005... Im a pessimist and this makes me pessimistic...

thoughts?

Re: de_port...just another dust

Yeah it looks like it might be a flat-out rush to site A. We'll see...

Comment

What about de_Cbble....CTs start on bomb site A
      And de_aztec...A is close by as well

I think this map many be a good one...I am exicted about the warehouse area...Might be able to cover both site with a sniper.

-swoop-

Comment

Depending on how accessable the warehouse is, you might be able to get setup there for the rush at A. Along with the alleyway between the Tank Farm and the Warehouse, the Chokepoint's would appear, in the map above, to be the "north" side of the warehouse and the "north" approach to the Tank Farm. With the CT's having to cover all the chokepoints it weakens them for the rush. But, depending on the warehouse, three people might be able to delay it long enough for the rest of the team to resond. Not having played this yet I will be looking forward to exploring the possibilities.

More spare change.....
        sigpic

Comment

If CT spawn was in the south side of the warehouse(More East of where it is), it would possibily be more tactically suited and not a frag fest at A.

Comment

it's gonna take the ct's what? 5 seconds to start sniping the T spawn. It doesn't look good but we shall see.

- -

Comment

The hall that connects the spawns reminds me of the double doors in Dust which is the only tactical part of the map so that could be good. It also looks like there may be a route on the left side of the T Spawn. Overall it looks like it could have a lot of spots for snipers to perform as look out but you can't really tell on a 2d map.

The bombsites look okay too me. B looks like you defend from inside the bombsite. The ship at A looks kind of open but the warehouse seems to have an open wall on the right side so you could defend the site from inside, terrorists may be able to get into the bombsite first but CTs in the warehouse may be able to pick them off while they plant. Depending on where cover is on the boat CTs may even be able to snipe into A from the dock at their spawn.

It looks like CTs can snipe into the T spawn if the Ts don't move fast which I don't think is good for TG (but at least AFKs on the offensive side wont be a problem). Other then that does anybody know what's going on to the left(just South West) of the T spawn? It looks like it's a crate but it's got horizontal lines all over it so it looks like it could be a ramp or stairwell.

Comment

it looks like its a level designed with hunting in mind, because the way the level is set up, it would take like 15 guys to do something tac
                *פ~TמּΩפ*

Comment

As well as View....
                  Allen: Yeah, you're right.
                  Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

I don't understand why valve thinks long open sniping spaces into spawn is such a good idea. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

- -

Comment

I dont believe valve thinks about our PCS way. They are more on the lines of what most gamers want. And most gamers want something that they can get fast and easy kills to make them look good. It is like when i used to play on the pubby servers and all those sniper maps, all you did is while during wait time, you zoom in and keep pressing fire buton till time ran out and you shot someone in the head....lol

IT SUCKED!

We just need another you(vulcan) to make our kinda maps!

-Monkz
                      Allen: Yeah, you're right.
                      Monkerz: I think "that" in its self proves my intelligence greater than yours, thus joo have just been pwnt by Monkerz!

Comment

Personally I don't see what's wrong with dust. Assuming dust1 is the one we play on. Either way, both points on both Dusts aren't hard to defend...

And View you can get really tactical. I think we've all been there. I know root remembers the strat I had going on during a capts game as T there a while back.

However taht's neither here nor there. Port will be fun especially if we can find ways to make it be more fun.

Comment

We don't do dust 1. Dust 2 is in the rotation, but dust 1 is nothing more than a deathmatch map.

Root
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by cookietester
                            We don't do dust 1. Dust 2 is in the rotation, but dust 1 is nothing more than a deathmatch map.

Root
                            dkfjskjwkr OK. So the one where the CTs start under that thing is Dust 2. And I never said it wasnt a DM map I said yo ucan set up and defned both points easily :P

Comment

Well... it looks like there's a wall or *some*thing right infront of Tspawn... so maybe you *cant* snipe all the way into it? I think this map was released last night, has anyone played it to see yet?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X