de_penstock spot dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de_penstock spot dispute

Ok well here is the spot I was using when osme one made a complaint against it, lets see what people think. I have used the spot countless times and never had any complaint more than cheeky, but alls fair so lets here opinions.

This is my point of view notice you can see where my feet would be if I had any:

This is my view when I turn to the side on the ledge:

Finally this is a view of the ledge from ghost mode, sorry I couldn't get a pick of me on the ledge since well I can't take picks from outside of my field of view:

So what do people think?

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    Winston Churchill

Re: de_penstock spot dispute

From what I can see, it'd be realistically possible to stand on it. I don't see a problem.

Comment

Looks ok to me but if you're clipping through objects from a players point of view then it might be an issue as they probably can't hurt you in a few places. The model could be inside the object or in that case multiple body parts are clipping.

- -

Comment

When you turn to the side on the ledge, second screen shot, one of your legs hangs off the ledge. This was not allowed by the rules I thought? If so, then railing should be fine to stand on right?

Comment

Originally posted by Greflin View Post
          When you turn to the side on the ledge, second screen shot, one of your legs hangs off the ledge. This was not allowed by the rules I thought? If so, then railing should be fine to stand on right?
          No it is not fine to stand on railings. The rule i have heard from my first time on the server is that if the area is larger than your head then it's fine to stand on. That ledge is obviously larger than his head so i think it's fine as long as he doesnt clip through the map as vulcan stated.
          :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
          |
          |
          .\__\
          ...../

Comment

it's not about what you see but rather how the game works greflin.

If he's still shootable then the ledge imo works fine because it isn't unrealistic to use it but I think in this case it's to close. I'd have to say err on the side of better gameplay with this one and just stear clear of it.

- -

Comment

Yeah I mean some things you have to work with because of the sillyness with the game moduels, such as walking down stairs your feet don't touch the steps but you could fire off of that.

Where as on Vegas you can climb into the candeleers and both feet can be well inside the edge but as Vulcan pointed out they would not realistically hold you.

I see nothing wrong with the width of the position in question but some one mentions my heade my clip due to low ceiling so I will have to check that.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
              Winston Churchill

Comment

I know rails are not fine, it was just the point. The spot is against the spirit of the rules, but since Vulcan has decided I will no longer complain about it. I just thought a spot where a huge chunk of your body was hanging off the edge would go against realism, which is what we were trying to achieve. But, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
                  Where as on Vegas you can climb into the candeleers and both feet can be well inside the edge but as Vulcan pointed out they would not realistically hold you.
                  Are you saying you've never hung from a chandelier? I've sat on one of comparable size, and I'm only a little under 200lbs.
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                    Are you saying you've never hung from a chandelier? I've sat on one of comparable size, and I'm only a little under 200lbs.
                    and fire a weapon? ehhhh not so well :P

- -

Comment

Yeah, just about all I could manage was heckling the people below me.
                      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Sorry to disapoint but against what 1er may believe I am not rich and my house does not have chandelier in to hang off lol.

Winston Churchill

Comment

Do you use the rail to access the spot?

Comment

No you use the big air vent duct next to the ledge and boost off some one elses head to get there.

Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
                              No you use the big air vent duct next to the ledge and boost off some one elses head to get there.
                              Seems acceptable just get a few pics from another players prospective to clear the clipping issue from multiple angles friendly and possible enemy positions if full range of movement its possible i see no problem with that spot its just unlikely that it would be used.. but if bombsite b is the target or bomb is planted at b then it would be a situation where it can be used any other time its not likely it would be used
                              "Aww.. Who Put That Hole There??" ~ThatGuy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X