This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top 3 reasons why you shouldn't buy a full clip of ammo:

1) You usually won't fire all those shots, thus in a small sense, you're wasting money.

2) If you die, the enemies will have plenty of ammunition to kill the rest of your teammates, do not give your opponents that luxury.

3) In this server, if you play properly, you won't need to use so many bullets, we all work together to complete our objectives, thus spend your money wisely and help your teammates.

just a little something i'd like to spill out ;)

Re: top 3 reasons why you shouldn't buy a full clip of ammo:

Okay *wanders off and keeps the same gun without refilling the clip. Unbeknownst to me Murphy's Law (you only need something when you dont have it) kicks in and I die the last player with full armor and health against someone with a glock and 1 hp, because my m4 ran out of ammo and i had just a knife to lose the Tourney finals 9-8*

Comment

If you're talking about your sidearm, I agree. Just about every other weapon has wholly inadequate starting ammo unless you're a headshot god. It'd be nice if you didn't have to buy the full 120 rounds for the M4 and instead could skimp and get something like 45 or 60, but dems da breaks.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

look, you don't have to take my suggestion, this is how "I" play and i'm just sharing it. god it's not like you guys have to start the flame so early.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
          look, you don't have to take my suggestion, this is how "I" play and i'm just sharing it. god it's not like you guys have to start the flame so early.
          Are you saying that you don't buy ammo for your weapons? How in the world can you be prepared to support your team like that? I don't understand...

Are you saying that one magazine of ammo is all you need?
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

how am i saying that you DON'T buy ammo? i'm saying buy ammo but you don't necessarily have to stuff yourself with them.

Originally posted by Karkianman101
            ...because my m4 ran out of ammo and i had just a knife to lose the Tourney finals 9-8*
            okay in that case, it's logical to buy as much ammo as you can on final rounds, cuz it's a heaven or hell/do or die round.
            Last edited by Nightfire; 04-27-2005, 01:37 AM.

Comment

how am i saying that you DON'T buy ammo? i'm saying buy ammo but you don't necessarily have to stuff yourself with them.
              How do you buy less than the full amount of ammo?

Even if you could, I still am not convinced that you're doing your team any good by not carrying as much ammo as you can afford...
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                How do you buy less than the full amount of ammo?

Even if you could, I still am not convinced that you're doing your team any good by not carrying as much ammo as you can afford...
                i'm doing this because i've had frustrating experiences where i buy all clips for an m4 then get a headshot by an ak47. you lose quite alot; imagine the same story but with a para? thus "I" don't usually like to buy full ammo.

but you know what, this is only a mere suggestion, it's not like i'm ordering you guys around or anything.

Comment

i'm doing this because i've had frustrating experiences where i buy all clips for an m4 then get a headshot by an ak47. you lose quite alot; imagine the same story but with a para? thus "I" don't usually like to buy full ammo.

but you know what, this is only a mere suggestion, it's not like i'm ordering you guys around or anything.
                  OK, quit taking this so personally! Just because people are questioning you, doesn't mean they're "flaming" you.

How do you buy, say, half ammo instead of full ammo?
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I've seen no personal attacks here. Hell, I agreed with you with reference to sidearms.

My only point (and Cing's too, it would seem) is that most primary weapons don't have a healthy enough clip to sustain a player over the course of a round, unless that player is hyper-efficient with their bullets. Couple that with the inability (or best-case-scenario undocumented and unknown ability) to buy less than the full amount of ammo for your weapon (unless you've not enough cash to max out) and the idea of not buying ammo seems questionable.

I'd probably agree with the "don't buy ammo" assessment if you had only shot off a dozen bullets in a round your side won, but then, if your side won, you've also got some cash to burn, too.
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I think he means buy ammo when you first get the gun, but if you live through the round and have say 30 in a clip and 67 extra for your m4, he doesnt fill it back up to 90 extra.

Comment

I'd say you can get away with two or maybe even one extra clip with the m4/ak. Ditto for the aug and sig. With the galil/famas I want a full loadout because I tend to spray more with those. If I get a scout I buy only one extra clip and I've never needed more.

It can be worth it to cut back if it means you can afford a flashbang or defuser kit.

Comment

I didn't know it was possible to buy partial loadouts of ammo?

How do I do this?

Comment

In the old CS you used to be able to buy ammo one clip at a time.

Random and Nightfire, you seem to imply that you can still do this in CSS. PLEASE tell us how to if you can!
                            Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

They are talking about not buying more ammo after a round ends and you are still alive.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X