Jumping over railings while under fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumping over railings while under fire

I Dont know if this has been discusted before or not but i beleive jumoing over rails or other similar obsticles should but allowed while under fire or to avoid fire it puts an object between you and Op4 wouldnt this be considered taking cover?? or am i fool?
    "Aww.. Who Put That Hole There??" ~ThatGuy

Re: Jumping over railings while under fire

Crackjumping is jumping to avoid fire in an unrealistic manner; since Counter-Strike: Source's closest alternative to diving for cover is jumping for cover, I'd say it's fine.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I ask because theres been a few time when i find myself being rushed and stuck between railings and a brickwall and if you dont jump the railing yourstuck in a kind of bottleneck what do you think about being on a catwalk and jumpin down onto another platform whether it be a smaller building or extention of the building itself??

Comment

I've always considered it a legit move.
        | | |

Comment

just wanted to see what some other people thought cause technically its doing something that is said not to do but realistically im sure your gona do whatever it takes to avoid death even if it riskes injury.. right?

Comment

Well, there's a big difference between jumping up and down like an idiot to keep from getting hit and jumping over an object to get to cover in order to intelligently defend yourself. I don't see it as a breach of any of the conduct rules at all.
            | | |

Comment

yeah thats what i thought im sure that ill hear something about it when and if it occurs thanks for the help

Comment

I think jumping over a railing or off of a platform is perfectly realistic.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I think it also has to do with intent. I've been questioned a couple of times when I've been under fire and hopped over a railing. I wasn't doing it to avoid fire, I was merely trying to clear the obstacle. I intended to do so under fire or not.

If you can explain yourself or your intent, I think you're fine :)

Comment

imposter!!!!!!
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                      imposter!!!!!!
                      There you are. I was wondering when you'd chime in on the doppleganger! Get your butt back on CSS!
                      | | |

Comment

Life isn't already hard enough as it is without a South Texas "T" as well.
                        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Sirus, that really depends on what your definition of is is.
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Ednos, you sir are a nincompoop.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                              imposter!!!!!!
                              You Sir Are The Imposter... For I Have Always Been The Real Trooper
                              Even My License Plate Says So TRU PER 6 Letter limit lol

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X