Rail Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rail Question

This is kinda an old issue but I was recently reminded of it and wanted to just make sure. We were playing on cs_assault (or some tactical variation of it) I was on the terrorist side guarding the hostages right outside the double doors. The CTs came in through the loading bay door and were essentially shooting my team mates. I ran across catwalks to try and peak down and see if I could take any of them out, however because the railing was situated in such a manner, the CTs were right out of sight. In a moment of frustration I hopped up on the rail to look down and shoot someone, I had the drop on them and they wouldn't have shot me even if I was standing on the ledge had the railing not been there.

I believe it would be feasible in say a game like Call of Duty where there exists a mechanic to lean over such objects to actually peg the enemy, but in CSS you're some what limited, especially in this given situation. If the railing hadn't been there, I would have been able to peak out normally. If I jumped over the railing I would have taken fall damage and been put in sight of just about the whole CT team.

I was told however by the person I killed not to do it, and I apologized and didn't do it again, but I wanted to question if this would be considered at all a legit move?

You are able to clear a rail when it is an obstacle in the way and it isn't considered crack jumping, but here it's situated in a way where if I hop over it it's a death warrant, but if I stay where I am I'm useless to my team. Would it be permissable to jump on a rail if not under fire and simply hop off when done 'peaking'? Like I said I feel as though it's a limitation of the engine, but realistically I would be able to lean over the railing and take the shot.

Like I said not a big deal, if I'm wrong it was a mistake and I apologize, it's not something I've done since, but I was interested in hearing other people's thoughts.

Re: Rail Question

If you stay where you are yes you would be useless so you move to a different position.

However sitting on a rail and firing is not allowed since it's a 1 inch rail and would be impossible to do that.

- -

Comment

Re: Rail Question

Alright just wanted to be sure. In the given situation, I had teammates on both sides of me, so there wasn't really room for me to maneuver around.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X