Advice for Grenades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for Grenades

I'm not an expert on this, but I see alot of misuse of grenades (by myself included) and was wondering if a few people who knew this topic well would post some of their thoughts on this. Also what do you usually do when you're blinded, I attempt to retreat to the nearest cover, or if I know the enemy is coming I'll spray and pray in their general direction.

Re: Advice for Grenades

Using grenades:

Flashes should be thrown so they wont bounce (sound). They can be used for slowing down offensive team and semi confusing defensive team. Smokes can be used to make cover or as distractions. HE should be thrown so it doesnt bounce, but sometimes it needs to be. Never near hosties.

Defending grenades:

Flashes suck. If you see or hear one coming, look into a corner, if you get completely flashed, work your way back to nearest cover and do suppressive fire on where you think ct's are. Smokes? Use flashes and spray the cloud. HE? just run.

Comment

Always look away if you see a flash coming. It's truly an art throwing grenades though. You have many factors that come into play, momentum being the biggest one. You have to try many different ways of throwing nades.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
        HE? just run.
        It's awesome when a nade hits u and u know ur gonna die.
        E-[h4x] TG CS:S Tourny Champs

Comment

Originally posted by J3wishN1nja
          It's awesome when a nade hits u and u know ur gonna die.
          Lol I know, theres a moment when it lands in your lap, you know you cant get away, time stops for a second, so you just say "Oh crap".
          Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
          Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

If you see me with a nade....

... RUN!
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

Haha. Its so awesome when I have 14 hp, and I see a nade flying at me, and i just look at it and type "crap" as fast as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                Haha. Its so awesome when I have 14 hp, and I see a nade flying at me, and i just look at it and type "crap" as fast as possible.
                When this happens just bind a button to comite suicide :)

Comment

Then I lose a point :P

Comment

bind it so it says "BWHAHAHAHAHHA NO KILL FOR YOU!1!!1!!1" and then commits suicide. minus point or not that would be hiliarious.
                    frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

Ok, some general stuff about throwing grenades:

- Always make sure you won't hit your team mates. There have been so many times when I've thrown a grenade and it's either exploded near a team mate, either killing, damaging, or blinding them -- or, worst case scenario, you throw one in a group of team mates, it bounces off them, and your whole team goes down 'cause of you (it's a priceless moment, but not a good one).

- Get familiar with where your grenades will land. Practice alone on a map and try bouncing them off walls and such, figure out how they react at distances and such. All too many times I've bounced a grenade off the wall to have it land within distance of me (and sometimes blow me away).

- If you're behind your team mates, don't throw a grenade. If you are, tell them you think it would be wise to throw a grenade somewhere, specify where, and have someone in the front do it. I break this rule of my own a lot, but I think I'm finally fixing that.

Edit:
                      - When blinded, I usually retrace my steps back to somewhere I think is safe (usually not an option). If I can't do that and I know ahead of time, I'll try to find something to protect myself from the flash so it doesn't last too long (maybe a second at most), and then I can usually recover fast enough to defend myself (and die in the process XD). If I'm completely blinded, I don't spray and pray because I might end up hitting a team mate. So, I usually crouch, and pray to god that I don't die.

Edit 2:
                      - If you see asch with a grenade, run and pray.

Mostly common sense stuff (I think), but I felt like sharing it.

If anyone thinks something is wrong with that, lemme know.
                      Last edited by Noel Cower; 05-22-2005, 06:13 PM. Reason: Additiono! More additions!

Comment

when im blinded i usually retrace my steps to around a corner or put as many obstacles in between the enemy an me. i have almost a 3d view of the map in my mind so i know where everything is and how fast i move so i can usually escape from flashes. i usually never spray an pray when im blinded, instead i reload if i need to so im full on bullets when i become unflashed. as for he grenades? dont give one to me :icon20: . im horrible with them and most of teh time i end up bouncing them off teh walls and killing my self. people on the servers have seen me do that and i always get the same response. "LOL, ROFL, HAHA" and people on the mics laughing their brains out. im expecially good as a t on aztec at the double doors.

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                          If you see me with a nade....

... RUN!
                          Only if you're on the same team as him.
                          It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Comment

Originally posted by K2_the_Turtle
                            Only if you're on the same team as him.
                            It seems that Asch has taken the place of VP from the Good Ole Days...
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

In a lot of situations spraying and praying when blinded will do nothing more that reveal your exact position to the enemy or injure a teammate. If you're in a large enough room your best defense is to wait quietly and hope the enemy doesn't find you before you can see again. Of course, in a room the size of the hostage shack on Compound your hiding options are limited and if you're directly flashed you're probably toast. A favorite strategy of mine is to pretend to spray and pray when I haven't been flashed. I've taken out nearly an entire team with a para like that. Another counter I've used against flashes is to use your own. When you get flashed: 4, mouse_1, spin. However, if you're in tight quarters against a team that knows how to use flashes your only option is to press g twice then spin into a corner and beg for mercy.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X