cs_office_unlimited_oc window tagging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_office_unlimited_oc window tagging

I've always thought tagging hostages through the tall vertical windows on this map was really cheesy and I would love to see it banned. It feels like an obvious map exploit and although it IS technically realistic, so would tagging hostages from across the room (like "hey c'mere") but that's just not the way the game was made and I submit that it was not the way the map of office, new or old, was meant to be played. In other words, I think this being possible was UNINTENTIONAL. Allowing it creates an imbalance because it forces the terrorists to occupy the outside of the building which leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I know I'm not the only one who shares this view, but I'm curious how many agree. I felt like it needed addressing, at least.

Thanks for your input!

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Re: cs_office_unlimited_oc window tagging

changed your title. It's cs_ :P you had de_

And i completely disagree with you. It's a window, why the hell can't you communicate through it? knock on it, bust it out, jump around like a monkey to get their attention.

Seems pretty normal to me to use the window.

That area is not hard to defend and is done quite effectively very often.

- -

Comment

Office is already a relatively easy map to defend on, with only 2 entrances into the hostie area. The windows force you to push out a bit and take risks if you want to keep the hosties.

Comment

I see how ideally you both have points, but honestly on that map if the hostage window tagging is allowed it forces terrorists to cover an extra two angles. Neither which can be done in a position where you can fall back to your team once any of the other positions is overrun. So you get shot in the back every time your team doesn't dominate. Either that or the hostages get stolen.

My problem with the action isn't JUST that it unbalances the map, which it does, but that it sets a bad trend for exploitative behavior.

It bugs me that I've heard dozens of players complain about this spot but now that there's a thread on it, no one is backing me up :(. Oh well.

And thanks for the change to cs_ (how embarassing :P)

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Actually the people that have the biggest problem defending that area are those that don't use the key spots with teamwork back there. You have methods to really get the ct's trapped and/or having multiple directions to think about if you play it right.

- -

Comment

Fair enough, I do see your point. It was illustrated to me by some players pulling it off nicely just yesterday. I mostly just wanted this to get discussed so I didn't feel like it was looming there. I wish other people would give their input though, as well.

Comment

I moved this to the tactics forum and I'm 99% sure that someone else has already brought this up here in this forum if you do some looking around.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X