Tactics or opinion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactics or opinion

Today on the server while playing, after getting killed, I posed the question of whether the CT's were pushing too far or not, Clef had you cleared it up it would have stopped there but I did not see any clarification on the matter so I dedided that it was time for me to leave. Now I dont know who Antem is and dont really care but when you push as far as you were after times before where I was told not to go that far then I feel you are not following the original intent of the game or map. The bad thing is that I cant remember what the name of the map was, but I do know that I have been told that to push as far as the first elbow is plenty far so that is why I feel Anthem was pushing too far. If someone with athourity tells me different then I will change my attitude until then Anthem you can kiss my foot, sweaty sock and all. Clef you know the name of the map maybe you will remember. I guess now that I have vented maybe I can go back and play, or maybe not.

Lock n Load, Saddle up, Mount up and Ride out.

Re: Tactics or opinion

i agree with rang although i was not on when this happened today but i find the same discussion coming up on the server all the time. For example the other day on italy there were T's pushed up all the way to ct side cellar, they did not come out of it but in my opinion of the way that we play on tg. We play objectives and on a map like italy where the T's guard the hosties, CT side of wine cellar is no where near the hostage house. So they have no reason to be that far. Ive played that map when the T's didnt even go into the apartment, just locked down the hallway infront of it, the mid stairs/T side of wine cellar and the long hall and aced the other team 7-0. all im saying is that i agree with rang giving an example of what i see happening and ask if there is a way to go onto the most played maps find the limits for the defending team and let atleast the regular TG tag wearers know where they are so we can tell the others and reclaim order on the server

ps a good way to do it in my opinion is with an overhead view of the map say a free fly screen shot posted on the forum

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

I think the map was de_cpl_fire
      Hello Vokerr

Comment

If you boys would look into some earlier posts on this forum, you will see these maps discussed with the same questions you are asking. FYI if it's lock down the bars are open a little more. With more communication of course, as for the spot you were talking about Rang I would have to see it first.

Comment

whatever suids opinion is, i will oppose it :P. Remember guys, there are no boundaries; there are only objectives. Play smart and do your best to check all corners. As suid said, check this forum for tactics discussions for specific maps in order to gain a better understanding of where players normally set up.
          :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
          |
          |
          .\__\
          ...../

Comment

The idea of playing toward your objective can be both limiting and liberating; the greater level of battlefield and objective awareness one has, the more freedom they have to pursue that objective.

Allow me to illustrate. On de_strata, it is generally accepted that the window on terrorist's side of "middle" is terrorist territory, despite its proximity to the B bombsite. However, let's suppose there are 3 terrorists alive, and they were all last spotted somewhere near bombsite A. To deny the defender this prime observation post would be just wrong. However, if the defender bolts there every round from the start purely with the intention of engaging the attackers, it could easily be considered pushing too far.

If you find yourself flanking as the rule rather than the exception, you may get called on it, that's all.

Personally I feel like this thread belongs right here, not stuck in a map folder somewhere. The more people discuss the concept of playing objective, the better the server will become. The concept of playing objective is so complicated that you will see posts just like this one duplicated thousands of times all over the TG forums. But that's okay, it's evolving daily, and that's a good thing.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

what's even being discussed here? seems like a rant and i need a reason to leave this topic open.

- -

Comment

Really Vulcan I guess I was venting more than discussing tactics, but when I ask for a clarification and dont get one then I will probablly do that, sorry if that is wrong but when I have been told not to push past a certian point and then somebody else does it not once but three times in a row and when I do the same thing and get scolded for it then I kinda get a bit upset, so excuse me for even bringing it up. As for your comment Suid, it doesnt only happen on lockdown it happens alot on weeknights and then when I say something its like "Dont worry about it will be OK" so I have to just take it and not have anything said about it. It just angers me when I try to play with in the rules that I learned and the type of play that makes this server fun to play on. Also Suid you know that I always am asking if a certian distance is too far to push. Again sorry for even bringing it up. If you like you can remove this post and all tied to it.

Lock n Load, Saddle up, Mount up and Ride out.

Comment

i agree with rang one of the most common things i hear even from an admin when asked if a certain stop is to far is "its kinda ify, they probably shouldnt be that far but it doesnt look like kill hunting to me" and things to that affect. I play all the time and see people pushing to places that i have gotten griped at for going to and nothing happens. As for aesops post i agree with you to a point say for instance any map if there is 2 t's and 3-4 ct's and on a bomb map. and the ct's know the t's are I still dont think it is ok for the ct's to flank the t's. I mean after all the t's still have to plant the bomb so why not let them come to you, they have to do it any way.

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

Originally posted by you rang View Post
                    Really Vulcan I guess I was venting more than discussing tactics, but when I ask for a clarification and dont get one then I will probablly do that, sorry if that is wrong but when I have been told not to push past a certian point and then somebody else does it not once but three times in a row and when I do the same thing and get scolded for it then I kinda get a bit upset, so excuse me for even bringing it up. As for your comment Suid, it doesnt only happen on lockdown it happens alot on weeknights and then when I say something its like "Dont worry about it will be OK" so I have to just take it and not have anything said about it. It just angers me when I try to play with in the rules that I learned and the type of play that makes this server fun to play on. Also Suid you know that I always am asking if a certian distance is too far to push. Again sorry for even bringing it up. If you like you can remove this post and all tied to it.
                    That's a rant and has nothing specific to actually talk about. If you want to talk about something specific that's what we do here. Otherwise I'll close up the post because nothing will get accomplished with ranting.

There are no boundaries so everything is situational. There might be a time that a position is ok and another time when it isn't. That's part of objective based play not boundary play. This seems to be a real problem for you rang over the time you've been here but you need to discuss situations and particular encounters in this forum if you want to learn.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X