Its Coming....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Its Coming....

Well while you are waiting take some time and read the manual. Check it out at the link below.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/110851032/MOHWpcwinMANOLeWW
    sigpic

Comment

Can you say this game has VOIP? Why yes....yes you can...

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Its Coming....

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
        Can you say this game has VOIP? Why yes....yes you can...
        With frostbite 2????? Holy crap there's hope for bf4
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

In a perfect world it would be so you could talk to the people around you and with your squadmates Form tactics and just generally work together.

But in real life, in really any game you are lucky to find a server or people who use the voice chat in the game to any extent.

A third party voice system is generally the best system to have in place, since the kind of people who would use voice chat the way it is meant to would use those programs.

That is the same reason why dice went the route they took with BF3 since most players in BF2 and BC2 on Pc would use a third party system.

But the route Dice went, is somewhat flawed, Its based around playing with the people in your friends list, but you do not have any other way aside from text chat for talking with other people or squads.

If you could invite people in game into your battlelog voip chat then it would be an amazing system.

But the game should still have in game voip, just so you tell that guy to get the heck out of the way,
          Last edited by Brainhurts; 10-23-2012, 07:51 AM.

Comment

If you want to see VOIP done right, check out Planetside 2.

We've all been pretty impressed with implementation there.

Every player has 4 channels - Proximity, Squad, Platoon and Outfit.

Works swell and with great voice quality. We're finding we don't really need TS at all. It's not perfect, but in my opinion it's the new gold standard.
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Oh I know there is amazing systems out there, but im just trying to get Dices view on the situation.

They saw and heard people using mostly third party voice systems with friends, they tried to provide us with that exactly, Now a server where you want to talk to more then just your squad is at a disadvantage but the majority of people would be using a third party system to talk to friends, in game voip or not.

The people playing planet side two are the kind of people who will be using Voip in game the way its meant to be, Most of the people playing BF3 are just not , Thats not an excuse for them to not include it but to say it would be better then Teamspeak is a bit of a stretch.

Something like the TG server would benefit from having in game voip with those properties, but then the other 99.9% of servers, most if not all of it would go to waste of the general population playing the game.

I don't see why Dice would not include voip in BF4, they don't have to work on the engine as much, and the community wants it, but we do have to push for the system we want, and we will need a quick and easy access mute button along, or even a much improved battlelog system that you can control who you are with better.

I still see TG having a teamspeak server up and running for BF4, as far as I know you guys had teamspeak for BF2 and BC2, whether or not it was used I don't know.

Comment

Wrong.

DICE didnt bother because they were too lazy/cheap/uninterested to incorporate an in game solution for voip, which is always preferable to a third party one.

The fact that MOH has in game voip of some description clearly shows that issues with FB2 can be overcome, so why didnt DICE. I suspect BF3 had way more total assets and development resource thrown at it than MOH ever did and that DICE is a way bigger entity.

They simply didn't bother.

3rd party solutions are inherently flawed as they will not reach 100% of the server. Only those who install and use them. This excludes sections of your team from comms. This prevents communities like ours from introducing new players to teamwork focused gameplay and good comms.

Relying on 3rd party apps creates diminishing returns. It only reaches part of the team so the teamwork and gameplay is poor. As a result many teamwork orientated players grow frustrated at working with at best 50-75% of their team and stop playing. This creates a downward spiral until you are effectively playing a singleplayer deathmatch game.

This is based on many years of watching this decline in communications based teamplay in console centric shooters, designed for old hardware, hamstrung by its limitations, blue printed for one year obsolescence, targeted at an immature audience. Teamplay is a reward in and of itself, working with new people and introducing them to comms and coordination is too, the current development process doesnt want to foster that environment as that may create some longevity in a title. Not what a developer wants when they are already working on the next annual update.

So to replace the more substantive yet harder to quantify and nebulous 'teamwork reward' you receive endless trite pats on the back like achievements and unlocks. Continuous positive reinforcement, a steady stream of cheese to ensure you stay on the treadmill and dont realise you are basically alone, carrying out pointless, repetitive actions.

"Congrats on your headshot bonus"
                "Knife 5 more lonely individuals for a set of shiny trinkets"
                "Tweet your taunts live whilst playing, post facebook status updates of where you are on the map so you at least feel connected to someone, anyone. Maybe some will leave a GG on your FaceWarrior page so you know you are doing well".

Here's an achievement challenge FPS Devs;

"Include a 8 year old + voip feature in your games so I dont feel like games are actually going backwards you lazy liars".

On that front at least it seems DangerClose has 'ranked up'. I'll see how well it works when it releases here on Friday.

Comment

A note on MOHW VOIP: it works off of Battlelog. They seem to have listened to a number of suggestions that first came out when BF3 was launched with only the ESN Sonar app in Battlelog. They now take that info and have incorporated it into the game. VOIP channels are Fireteam, Team or Party, with an easy to access (from the menu) on/off selector.

VOIP is a feature of the social hub that is part of the lobby screen, this return to a more classical system of getting in game is a plus as far as I am concerned.

As a caveat though, I was unable to get VOIP working last night while both Dredge and DeF were being heard loud and clear in game.

Looking forward to seeing more of you in game!
                  sigpic

Comment

I never said it was good, but every game I have every played that has voip, maybe 1% of the people who ever play it will ever use it to any extent, unless you go out and find a server like TG, which is still extremely rare, 1 out of maybe 100 servers has enough people in the voip system to be useful at all.

My 80 hours in BF2, about 90 different servers, not once did I ever hear someone in voip who actually used it more then telling another person to F*** off.
                    Only once in my 750 hours in BC2 did I every hear a person in Voip, and out of that, a handful of the servers had a third party voice system with anyone in it.
                    TF2, Same with counter strike any version, Dota 2, LoL, WoW, Day of Defeat, Any of the CoD series, even MoH warfighter, Rarely if ever, will you hear people in voicechat unless you go out and find a server of people using it.

I could be some amazing freak of nature who some how in the thousands of hours in hundreds of games has rarely heard anyone use voip, but I consider myself your average player in most of them.

Once you do find a server where people are using it, it can be amazing, but your average player on your average server, in game Voip will be useless.

Not to say they are excuses for not having Voip in a game in 2012, but you guys seriously over estimate how many people use voip to any good effect in games.

Unless its a game catering to the kind of people who would use voip, ArmaII PlanetsideII, BF:PR and so on. which all have smaller more dedicated player bases which make it feel like more are using voip.

You guys may not understand because you are the ones who find the servers with the few people who use Voip, and use it effectively with them, As much as I know you are the kind of people who stick to a handful of servers for a games life.

Anyways, Im not going to say anything else on my views of voip, I cam here to ask how MoH:warfighter is.

So how is it, Seeing some gameplay and hearing some quick reviews it sounds like infantry only BF3, I even saw the exact same models for a few guns in the trailers along with take down animations and such, So far it looks like a 60$ map pack for BF3 to someone who hasn't researched it much more then a few game trailers and early thoughts by players on the game.

Comment

Oh dear, the magpul backup sights are backwards...

Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
                        TF2, Same with counter strike any version, Dota 2, LoL, WoW, Day of Defeat, Any of the CoD series, even MoH warfighter, Rarely if ever, will you hear people in voicechat unless you go out and find a server of people using it.

I could be some amazing freak of nature who some how in the thousands of hours in hundreds of games has rarely heard anyone use voip, but I consider myself your average player in most of them.

Once you do find a server where people are using it, it can be amazing, but your average player on your average server, in game Voip will be useless.

Not to say they are excuses for not having Voip in a game in 2012, but you guys seriously over estimate how many people use voip to any good effect in games.
                        Yeahhhhh, except you're wrong. TF2 has one of the most active and vocal communities. I have 900+ game sin Dota 2 and about 50% of users have a mic in my experience. League and WoW don't have voip...

I really struggle to see how you have arrived at your conclusions based on anecdotal evidence.
                        Skud

Comment

Active and Vocal doesn't mean people are using it gameplay wise.

Everyones experience is different, Voip has always been a rare thing for me, so maybe some how in the thousands of hours of online games I have only come across people using voip with gameplay in mind a handful of times.

Anyways, The games A game.

Theres Voip but apparently no way of setting up my mic, had to unplug it because it just played everything or nothing.

It'll take a bit to get a good weapon set up going, Im not sure how to unlock or change anything yet, I had some weird 4 inch tall tiny scope which kept getting me killed.

Shooting was ok, May have ran into a cheater already, but I have no way of knowing, a good 60-20 everyone else is like 15-8, Could be good, could be blatant hacks.

The weapons feel ok, nothing wrong with them so far.

Its an ok game, nothing amazing or special about it from playing a few hours worth.
                          Last edited by Brainhurts; 10-23-2012, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
                            Only once in my 750 hours in BC2 did I every hear a person in Voip, and out of that, a handful of the servers had a third party voice system with anyone in it.
                            BC2's voip was broken and rarely worked.
                            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I'm liking the gameplay so far, real ops is definitely the way to go for a more tactical experience. No hud, no seeing enemies through walls, and FF. I'm not sure what happened to the graphics, seems like a straight graphical port from console, but hey I'm never one to knock a game for lackluster graphics. However, the casual gamer will and something as secondary as graphics can turn a lot of people away. So while it doesn't look as good as a game like BF3, imo it plays more realistically, for arcade shooters, smaller maps aside.

The sound effects are also nicely done, I love the fact that they went with a more realistic sound opposed to the typical beefed up, unrealistic hollywood effects.

Solid game so far, I hope it catches on.

Comment

Having fun. Dredge get that thing set to hardcore
                                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X