EA dropping support after Dec 2012/DC job cuts and not supporing either

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA dropping support after Dec 2012/DC job cuts and not supporing either

Here is a little snippet for those who are on the fence in buying this title.... DON'T BUY IT! EA is no longer going to support the game with a community manager and all future support and patching after the upcoming DLC is in limbo. Moderators of the MoH forums have stated in the thread that it appears to them that EA is regarding the MoH franchise as an experiment that has failed and are looking to cut off the dead weight. Please take this action into consideration the next time you experience peer pressure into buying the next new shiny EA supported project.
    --------

A locked thread on the Battlefield Battlelog from a couple of weeks ago deals with news that the community manager for Medal of Honor Warfighter is becoming a CM for Crysis 3. When asked how this will impact EA's military shooter sequel, a moderator admits that future support for the game is uncertain: "This is accurate," he writes, confirming that EA is only committed to the game through December and that some of the Danger Close developers are losing their jobs. "I honestly don't know what kind of support will exist after we go. The moderators will still be around though, and will be able to get information to the CM. Until then, if you've got issues that need answers, you have me for another week!"

Re: EA dropping support after Dec 2012/DC job cuts and not supporing either

They've done the same thing with the last few shooters since they've gone with the whip one out every year schedule. Put it out and support it long enough to grab peoples money. When sales start slowing down wait a couple months then cut it off and move on to the next money grab.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Crap, this game had so much potential. About as close as your gunna find to an actual tactical shooter in today's games. However, it is obvious that most gamers don't want realistic tactical shooters because the servers that were populated on MoH were not those tactical style game modes!

Comment

Whew! Glad I did not buy it. +1 for saving $60.00.

Comment

And to think I just saw ads on Youtube by Slim Jim for Warfighter DLC. Fricking terrible move on both sides.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Devs have no faith in their products anymore. If it isn't an overnight success, sells out within hours of release they ditch it and go back to the drawing board. WHY!? Look at the games we still play here at TG. Some didn't do well on release day but the devs worked on it and patched it, dropped new content, and the game grew. This is why I am losing faith in the modern game industry. If it doesn't dethrone the biggest title in that genre in the first week, its total crap and is killed off. /sadface.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Roger that

Still hope I can get some playing time in co-op with anyone who bought this.
              Last edited by LpBronco; 12-23-2012, 08:49 AM.
              Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I still enjoy playing it, hit me up, if I'm on, Bronco.
                sigpic

Comment

Thats too bad, because I really like this game. I just got it and have to say its better than any COD released since MW/WaW imo. its a game that was actually made with the PC gamer in mind.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X