Favorite CTU Operators

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite CTU Operators

Just curious on what everyone else's favorite operator is for offense and defense.

Currently my favorite attacker is Sledge because of his versatility and good use in any of the game modes. Medium armor and strong rifle.

Favorite defender would have to be Jager because his APS has saved me from so many fuze grenades and other nades his primarys are good as well with a shotgun and rifle option.

Feel free to add more than 2 these are just my current top operators with a few as close seconds.

Re: Favorite CTU Operators

I haven't unlocked all of the Operators yet, such a Christmas Noob lol, but so far I really like Fuze because hello, four grenades in a room. I'm partial to Thermite because of his nice AR and ability to breach any barricade. Love Sledge because...SAS with dynamic hammer. Haven't used him much yet but I agree seems to have good varied potential. Ash has a nice weapon loadout but and the breaching round is fun, bit light on armour but makes up with it in mobility I suppose.

Still getting the hang of the Defenders and have less of them unlocked so too early for me to say there.

Comment

After evaluating my stats - I seem to prefer Sledge, Fuze, and Thermite on attack. I only recently unlocked Thermite and I really like his kit, but not so much his special. I killed 4/5 of the enemy team two rounds in a row with him though, so that was fun :)

On Defense, I tend to play Doc the most (Because FN-P90 - no other reason), followed by Castle. I unlocked Kapkan today, booby-traps are fun - you can never go wrong with booby-traps.

Comment

Still in the process of unlocking them so will save judgement for later

3 question for you guys:
        1) Are there any operators that are pretty much a must use for the team in a certain mode? (ie when playing hostage rescue, a team should be using this operator)
        2) Are there operators classes that complement each other to make them even more effective together?
        3) Which operators counter operators from the other team? (ie. Jager countering fuze)
        Last edited by DrunkenSoul; 01-19-2016, 09:33 AM.

Comment

At first, I'd try to play with every operator, but I have since tried playing with one operator on each side so I can better grasp their capabilities. I've been doing well with Bandit -- not sure if many players know this, but he can charge up a deployable shield; it works really well when someone places a DS right in a narrow doorway. It's epic to hear the enemy get zapped trying to vault one. Further, I think Bandit is a great supporting operator. This game has me wanting to play everyday after work!

Comment

Ash/Thermite attack, and Bandit for defense.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul View Post
              Still in the process of unlocking them so will save judgement for later

3 question for you guys:
              1) Are there any operators that are pretty much a must use for the team in a certain mode? (ie when playing hostage rescue, a team should be using this operator)
              2) Are there operators classes that complement each other to make them even more effective together?
              3) Which operators counter operators from the other team? (ie. Jager countering fuze)
              1. Not having a Rook on defense in all modes is a cardinal sin. Fuze and Ash, Sledge, or Thermite are essential attackers, you need somebody who can make a big hole fast. Fuze is probably the leading cause of hostage deaths, just.. be careful.

2. Thatch superpowers all other destruction based attackers because EMPs go through walls and destroys jammers and shock generators, allowing Thermite to blow through jammed (or shocked) wall reinforcements. It also destroys Jager's APS through the wall without being vulnerable to interception, letting Fuze do his thing unimpeded.

3. Thatch counters Bandit, Jager, Mute, Smoke, and Kapkan.

Other tips and tricks: If you place Castle's barricade over a door, tear it down, then put a deployable barricade (three plate one that you drag up from the ground) in front of it the enemy can't vault through the open door over the deployable because Castle's special barricade enlarges the door hitbox slightly. Jager can electrify any reinforced barricade, including ones on the floor access that lead down into the room below. People are often surprised by this. Start to think of operators in terms of what phase of the operation they're useful in. You may be pleasantly surprised by waiting to deploy some of your abilities until later, particularly Kapkan. Everyone is looking for doorway lasers at minute 1 going in for the first time, then they typically get progressively sloppier as the round goes on and they need to pick up the tempo to win. If you break a hole in the doorway sometimes they'll go right through it into the trap, as if being able to see at head/chest height through it short circuits their normal caution by making them think about the room itself instead of the doorway. Doc's ability works on enemies too. Be careful where you point it.

PS, Tachanka is worthless.

He is stationary, easy to headshot, takes a long time to mount/dismount/reload the gun, and doesn't phase shields at all.

Comment

[MENTION=12459]mat552[/MENTION]

Totally agree, any serious squad has to have a Thatcher, perfect partner for Thermite. Both players need to play cautiously till they get to the breach room/s as their gear can be critical to making the final breach/s into the objective. Once Thatcher has deployed both EMP grenades he can be more aggressive.

(Thatcher guide from Serenity17. If you haven't checked out Serenity17's videos before, particularly his Operator guides, do so. They are really good, lots of tips and strategy)

Thermite

Sledge is a good one to flank/roam with as an attacker as his hammer is pretty quiet when used on barbed wire and kills it in one hit. He's also good for breaching windows when abseiling or breaching barricades at a secondary point. His hammer takes a basic barricade down in one hit and doesn't create much noise or any smoke. This way you have immediate visibility into the room. Plus moving across one floor of the building by making your own doors in walls is just awesome!

(Great video from Serenity17 on Sledge).

Ash is a good roamer on the attackers side and has a great weapon. Her breaching rounds mean she can breach at a distance or breach two entry points at once to create a deception. Low armour though so you need to move swiftly and shoot accurately.

Fuze is good on 'bomb' rounds but you don't want to waste your grenade breaches so good intel or use of a drone just prior to deploying is key.

Personally Glaz is not an attacker I use as he's too situational in my opinion and it basically determines your squad layout as the Glaz player will be off on his own to some extent. This usually suits 90% of the players who pick 'Sniper' in a close combat simulator lol. There are plenty of maps where several other operators are better flankers/roamers than Glaz, Sledge/Ash etc.

No, he can be useful on Plane if the defenders aren't smart but even then his only real strength on that map, the ability to engage targets from outside the map is nullified by the fact that you are a man short inside the plane. If he doesn't kill at least one defender from his external position it's a waste of time. Exterior kills don't happen every time ergo that strategy is potentially hampering your team. He can be useful for 'wallbanging' indoors if you have barricaded defenders and can get a spot on them.

On the defense side I tend to use Jaeger a lot as most teams in casual tend to bring Fuze on bomb rounds and if your squad insists on packing the objective rooms he can literally prevent disaster.

Bandit is very good and makes a nice roamer once the initial stages of the round are well underway.

Personally I don't use the shield operators as I haven't got the mechanics nailed down and I simply do better with the others. I've seem people who really can play shield though and it can take a decent coordinated effort to take them down if you can't get C4 on them quick. Shield operators seem to work best in communicative squads. I need to work on my use of Bandit as I don't feel I use him to optimum effect. I have noticed some very good players using Kapkan to good effect as a roamer on defense, despite some saying he's not top tier. Also adding to what Mat said about not deploying your abilities immediately every round. I've seen Kapkan wait till the attackers are well into the objective area then hit them from a roaming position and deployed his traps as he moves. He hit them on a flank then legged it and they obviously pursued him and ran into his traps.
                Last edited by Wicks; 01-31-2016, 08:33 AM.

Comment

[qoute]Personally Glaz is not an attacker I use as he's too situational in my opinion and it basically determines your squad layout as the Glaz player will be off on his own to some extent. This usually suits 90% of the players who pick 'Sniper' in a close combat simulator lol. There are plenty of maps where several other operators are better flankers/roamers than Glaz, Sledge/Ash etc.

No, he can be useful on Plane if the defenders aren't smart but even then his only real strength on that map, the ability to engage targets from outside the map is nullified by the fact that you are a man short inside the plane. If he doesn't kill at least one defender from his external position it's a waste of time. Exterior kills don't happen every time ergo that strategy is potentially hampering your team. He can be useful for 'wallbanging' indoors if you have barricaded defenders and can get a spot on them. [/qoute]

On House and Chalet (the smaller maps) Glaz can be murderous. A well played Glaz can find and cut down roamers while the four man breach team gets into position. Glaz can then move up and join the assault and be very effective at CQB. His rifle kills anyone with two hits anywhere on the body. That's a use that's pretty wide ranging.

On several rounds where I've had a Glaz player that would communicate with me on the above mentioned maps I'd take Sledge and open up lines of sight for the sniper into the rooms. Break out windows, remove interior walls, etc. And suddenly those secured positions the enemy has are taking fire.

All the classes have utility when used correctly. Except Tachanka.

Comment

Still rather not have Glaz on my team most of the time. There are at least 5 Operators I would pick first that can support the squad better on EVERY map as opposed to specific ones. That's kinda my point. Glaz can be useful but he's very situational ergo not as useful as boots in the building which is useful EVERY time.

If you have a Glaz posted up outside you have two problems. One, you only have 4 in the building. Two, you then have to dedicate time and resources to enable Glaz, ie you have to facilitate him being any use at all, as in the case of your example of opening up sightlines for him as Sledge. So that's 2 Operators tied up trying to make one useful.

IMO Glaz is extremely niche, good in rare circumstances, waste of a slot in others compared to some Operators who have utility in every scenario.

If you have to work to make him functional its questionable if he was the right pick.

Edit: To be clear I would like Glaz to be more useful (imo) on more maps I'm just struggling with the idea. If he's used as a hard counter to roamers that's good but I would guess that's highly dependent on multiple factors.
                    Last edited by Wicks; 01-31-2016, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X