Rainbow Six Siege - Bigger than ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow Six Siege - Bigger than ever?

Interesting video from Matimi0 in which he details how Rainbow Six Siege is bucking the usual trend of most modern 'shooters' and actually increasing in popularity in the post launch period. Word of mouth is a thing apparently. Developers, take note. If you build a game that has some intelligence, a decent skill level, is challenging, listen to the Community feedback and don't split your playerbase with DLC, they will sell if for you.

Re: Rainbow Six Siege - Bigger than ever?

And it's so good! No other shooter like it on the market. It's like playing speed chess... With guns... And grenades.

Comment

DLC splitting the player base for the winning comment. Hope this is a model that does catch on. Ill be watching for a good opportunity to join this title.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I'm also going to pick it up.
        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

G2A.com

Just picked up keys for the game and the season pass for $41.64.
          Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Just picked it up since well you guys have it and it's been on my wishlist for a while.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

[Siege Evangelism]
              Rainbow Six Siege is on sale 50% of at GreenManGaming this weekend: https://www.greenmangaming.com/games...bow-six-siege/

Also an excellent write up on the game over at Kotaku today (http://kotaku.com/rainbow-six-siege-...oot-1786064981)

"So being a quiet, ďI will kill em allĒ kind of guy wonít get you or your team very far. Teams who coordinate their every move with one another usually obliterate teams with no communication. Itís such a stark difference that you can actually feel it when you are against teams that have no strategy....."

"Yes there are other games like the Battlefield franchise which rely on communication and strategy as well. However, itís RB6 Siegeís unrelenting and unforgiving no-respawn system that truly sets it above the rest.

To put it simply, this game is excruciatingly hard to play. When you die in a round, you are done. It doesnít take much to die either. One bullet can take you out, especially if itís to the head. Combine that with the fact there is no radar system (except Pulseís heartbeat sensor) and no regenerative health and you got yourself one of the hardest games to stay alive in. Death is lurking around every single corner in this game. You never know who is about to come crashing through a ceiling, bursting through a wall, or waiting to somewhere secretly on the side of the map to come and flank you. This unpredictability is the absolute selling point in RB6 Siege. The fear of the unknown is hard to describe if you have never played this game."
              [/Siege evangelism]

Comment

Who is this Green Man Gaming? Anybody use it before?
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                189th Infantry Brigade Member
                SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
                  Rainbow Six Siege is on sale 50% of at GreenManGaming this weekend: https://www.greenmangaming.com/games...bow-six-siege/
                  Nice find! Since I already have an account with GreenManGaming the game is just over $21 for me. Will pick it up on Saturday...

Comment

Interesting. This game looked like it had potential but I kind of just assumed it would actually suck in the typical fps sort of way. Maybe I'll check it out sometime.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

If anyone is still debating getting the game, Ubisoft is currently doing a promotion by selling a 'starting edition' of Rainbow Six Siege. It runs for $15 and can only be purchased through the Uplay store. The starter edition includes full access to the game, including its expansions. It provides owners with two random operators from a pool of six and 600 R6 Credits which can be used to unlock more operators. The starter edition does come with drawbacks; additional operators will be more expensive to purchase in game. Check out the post at the Ubisoft website, in their blogs section.

Comment

Full game is $25 on HumbleBundle store today and tomorrow: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/t...nbow-six-siege

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X