TG Interview with TWI - Submit your questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Interview with TWI - Submit your questions

Hey there guys. I have lined up an interview with Alan Wilson. He's the VP over at Tripwire.

I want to open the floor to questions you would like included in the interview. Let's try to be a bit creative and don't include things that are already known in the thread mantis liked us to in the "What do we know so far" thread.

Please keep this thread to the questions so I can easily sort through them. If you have additional comments or non-interview questions, feel free to PM me.

Re: TG Interview with TWI - Submit your questions

Is there a voip channel between squad leads (eg like a radio channel), that is seperate from the local environment voip ?
    Is there a voip channel between commander and squad leads (eg like a radio channel)

How many players does it take to start a game ?
    Can a game be bot AI populated and joining players replace the bot ?

Is there a server setting where players get warned then kicked, for not joining a squad ?

Is it possible for server admins to send a warning to a player and they see it big and clear in the middle of their screen and not as small text in the corner of the screen ?

TG has a history of running big servers with quality teamwork, are we the kinda people who could get into an early wave of beta invites ?

Comment

As a long time RO player, I'd like to know exactly why they are removing the ability to get in and out of tanks. So far, the main justification I've heard from any of the developers is that they thought it was lame for people to get out of a heavily damaged tank during a fight. However, I thought this was pretty cool as you (at least in the DH mod) had to first unbutton the hatch and then attempt to run to safety as you and your mates were peppered with coaxial fire. This also means infantry will not be able to ride on friendly tanks either, which I always liked.

Comment

1. What sort of post launch content can players expect to see in the months after release?

2. Will there be any kind of optional content packs for Heroes of Stalingrad similar to Killing Floor's Character Skin packs?

3. Do you see a potential split coming in the player community between those that will favor the vanilla game settings and those that favor the realism settings?

Comment

Hard to think of questions with so much info out there. Here is an attempt at one but maybe its already been answered somewhere...

Heroes: Obtain the ultimate goal and become a Hero online. Players with hero status inspire troops around them and cause fear in their enemies. Heroes have access to the best and rarest weapons and equipment, and will stand out visually from the rest of the soldiers.
          I would like to hear more on how this plays out. Will everyone be a hero a year after release?(is it just a high rank) How do heroes "inspire troops around them and cause fear in their enemies"?
          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
            Hard to think of questions with so much info out there. Here is an attempt at one but maybe its already been answered somewhere...

I would like to hear more on how this plays out. Will everyone be a hero a year after release?(is it just a high rank) How do heroes "inspire troops around them and cause fear in their enemies"?
            More on that. Since this game can be modded (IIRC) is this something that can be tweaked by server admins? As in, gaining "hero" status on a particular server.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Will all aspects of vehicle combat have full animations? As in, getting into the vehicle, getting out of the vehicle, and all operations held within the vehicle. Also, will free look be available without changing orientation of your weapon?
              Semper Fi, Marines.

Comment

Just wanted to get an update, or were there even enough questions for a submission?

Comment

Actually working on this now.

Comment

Is there any news on when the Q&A will be held and will Tripwire reveal any more media or information at the GDC?

Comment

Tripwire will be at GDC. Right now, we're trying to find date that works for both of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
                        Is there a voip channel between squad leads (eg like a radio channel), that is seperate from the local environment voip ?
                        Is there a voip channel between commander and squad leads (eg like a radio channel)

How many players does it take to start a game ?
                        Can a game be bot AI populated and joining players replace the bot ?

Is there a server setting where players get warned then kicked, for not joining a squad ?
                        Sounds like someone plays PR here :)
                        Nice, I as well think those features are quite important for teamwork.

Originally posted by Googol View Post
                        As a long time RO player, I'd like to know exactly why they are removing the ability to get in and out of tanks.
                        Was the interview already?
                        I as well like to hear some answers to the questions above.

I would not mind if you as well pushed a bit Alan to explain their reasoning to not include 3D voip because their last attempt to explaining it away made no sense:
                        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/red-orc...ml#post1597891

I know that they seem to be almost childishly frustrated when this question is brought up. They must know that their arguments are invalid and try to hide this by belittling those who ask about this subject.

Comment

Has there been any updates regarding the interview with Tripwire yet?

Comment

Any more news on this interview yet? The lack of any real updates from Tripwire is starting to depress me :D

Comment

Yeah, now it sounds like it's going to be late 2011 release. I really wanted this to come out before Battlefield 3.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X