[video] Red Orchestra 2 - Gameplay with developer commentary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [video] Red Orchestra 2 - Gameplay with developer commentary

Didn't see this posted anywhere else, but... If they manage to deliver on all the things promised (VOIP, etc), the potential for this game is so high.

Gameplay starts at 1:50 mark.

Re: [video] Red Orchestra 2 - Gameplay with developer commentary

cool video, bad interviewer. He's an old (famous?) Ultima Online player. Seemed totally unprepared, the whole time in my mind I was yelling questions he needed to be asking. :\

I think I liked just about everything the dev had to say. Some things I questioned at first, but mostly he clarified. The one thing Im not happy with is the fire from cover system. Great in Sp and co-op games, but cheep in a MP game.

Comment

a few highlights:

12:22 - HUD and 'tactical view' explained
      13:05 - new game mode, 'countdown', described - sounds pretty awesome!
      22:50 - adjustable sites for scoped AND iron-sighted weapons?!
      24:11 - aim down [iron-sight] barrel even w/ scope on
      26:40 - commander described

Comment

the adjustable scope/ironsights seem weird. Im concerned that it may be easy mode. It looked like that may have done a few things to make the game more noob friendly (not necessarily a bad thing) and the scope sights may be one of the compromises. idk

remembering back to the little I played of the original mod, it was almost all bolt action rifles. I'm thinking the only autos were the LMG and the one SMG. In the video it looked like most people will be using some SMG. Dont know if I'll like that.

Comment

just a quick heads up, I just noticed this "Uploaded by markeedragon on Sep 28, 2010" it's old. wonder whats changed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X