what's all the hub-ub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's all the hub-ub

Ok so I see all this RO posts everywhere, whats all the hype about? Is it some super realism game set in WW2? I am just wondering as I am a little burned out on WW2 themed games.....but if it's good enough?
    I am not a super realism guy...I like vanilla BF style games. Is it similar? or no?
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: what's all the hub-ub

Originally posted by Ven View Post
    Ok so I see all this RO posts everywhere, whats all the hype about? Is it some super realism game set in WW2? I am just wondering as I am a little burned out on WW2 themed games.....but if it's good enough?
    I am not a super realism guy...I like vanilla BF style games. Is it similar? or no?
    Some what a realism game, although the second is suppose to be more new player friendly. Closes game I can think of is BF2 PR mod, but that being said it has its own style. If your on the fence ven, sometime after release there going to be doing "free weekends" were you can download it on steam and try it out.

I guess I should also mention, there is a serious player following for TWI its self, they really try and cater to the PC crowd with mods tools, free dlc and such. In fact the mod tools for RO2 went out months ago, there are already veteran mod teams from the first game that have and are working on RO2s sdk. Rising Storm a Pacific Theater mod is coming out, and its suppose to drop 6 months after the game does.

Comment

I think the best way to describe it would be; Its like Project Reality and Day Of Defeat:Source's WW2 offspring. It is like a more realistic version of Battlefield 1942. It can offer both slower gameplay, but at the same time offer fast twitch style game play. This game was designed with teamwork in mind. If you have ever played the game Joint Operations, its sort of like that.
      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
        ...I like vanilla BF style games....
        Your probably not going to like it then. If I have gathered anything from your posts, this game will be too slow for you taste. Might want to wait to see if any TGers fraps some games so you can make an accurate judgement.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I find that the most defining characteristic of the Red Orchestra series is its ability to mix uber-realistic weapon-handling & combat (the smooth cover system was a huge phenomenon during its first release) with solid teamwork.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
            I guess I should also mention, there is a serious player following for TWI its self, they really try and cater to the PC crowd with mods tools, free dlc and such
            Indeed. Killing Floor basically convinced me to get RO2 - the way Tripwire Interactive have been supporting that game since it was released is incredible, the only comparison is the way Valve have supported TF2.

From what I've seen, Red Orchestra is like a WW2 version of the Insurgency mod for Source multiplayer. Am I close, or is there something I'm missing?
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Insurgency WW2 edition is a fair description of RO2.

Also, Killing floor was made by 10 guys in 3 months, yet it is the best zombie game I have ever played, and it is constantly updated with all sorts of new content.
              |TG-73rd|Socomseal
              |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

The uber team work aspect will get Ven interested I bet..!

Comment

plus all the peer pressure we'll heap on him... Cause if he doesnt play he's a noob! :D

Comment

Ven will play because I'll be there. Ven wants my body. Dirty, dirty boy!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                      Ven will play because I'll be there. Ven wants my body. Dirty, dirty boy!
                      I just threw up in my mouth a little

sent by a large bird with a stone tablet....like the Flintstones
                      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Yeah, Ven, i've posted elsewhere that RO, and the Tripwire guys, are super-de-duperty interested in realism, however the realism is in the details and feel of the game and not that they are interested in grinding the game to a halt. I've played every rendition of RO and i've never come away with a feeling of it being slow paced. And let me echo everyone else who mentioned what a great company Tripwire seems to be. I'm looking forward to it, and we'll definitely give you our impressions of it when it gets here.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X