Beta release predictions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta release predictions?

I'm thinking its going to drop on the 15th or the weekend before 13th or 14th. Your guess?

Also It was asked and answered in the forums if there would be a beta wipe.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...57&postcount=8

Re: Beta release predictions?

Yeah that sounds about right. I would like it a bit sooner as I am bored!:)

Comment

I was hoping next weekend, the beta would kick off, and run until release. I would be happy with this.

I love WWII history and I'm one of those people that never got burned out on WWII FPS games, needless to say, I'm bored as well, Jeepo.

Comment

Same here. There hasn't been any worthwhile multiplayer games that scream TG gameplay for a long, long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
          Same here. There hasn't been any worthwhile multiplayer games that scream TG gameplay for a long, long time.
          +1

Couldnt have said it better myself, hope this gets us back to some good roots!! PCS play anyone!?!?! :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I'm guessing the 13th.

Comment

The sooner the better..

Comment

Well with the delay, and something they said in there official announcement of it here... http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/fa...lay-to-13-sep/

We knew people would be unhappy about the delay – and we agonized over whether we should do it or not. Someone has already drawn the parallel on the forums: our earlier games have only really hit a real volume of users after launch. We know it is bad timing, after starting the pre-purchase last week. But the response brought home that the pre-purchase beta phase isn’t going to have 100s of people in it, with a few servers – it is going to have potentially 10s of 1000s of people in it. Which is obviously great news. But it IS a Beta (it isn’t some “marketing/PR Beta” with the game finished 2 months ago) – and the large volume of people WILL throw up odd and weird little bugs that only come to light in bulk testing. Code and QA want the chance to fix that stuff before we actually release the finished product.

So people understand, internally no dates are being pushed back. Everything will still be finished to the same dates as for the original release date. What we are doing is buying ourselves 2 extra weeks of QA and bug-fix time.

We haven’t released dates of the next phases of the Beta testing, but they aren’t far away. We already have the first of the press in the Beta, with a “preview” phase for the press scheduled to run over the next couple of weeks or so. After that, we’ll be ready for the final phase of the beta, with the pre-purchasers getting their hands on the game.

We haven’t taken this decision lightly: moving a release date late in the day is a nightmare. We’ve done it because we feel it will make a difference to the product on launch day – for the better, obviously. Moving a schedule that involves a large (for us) marketing budget, physical production and distribution to the retailers across the glove, as well as disappointing the fans who have waited a long time for this game, isn’t easy. But in this case, we feel it will be worth the pain.

I'm thinking the pre purchase beta maybe later than I originally thought, even the final week of august when the game was suppose to be released. There third paragraph seems to indicate a "press" phase for a couple of weeks then the final pre purchase beta. Even assuming they started that today and a couple is only two that still leaves it starting sometime the end of the month.

Comment

Interesting. Looks like the number of people ordering the deluxe version was much higher than they anticipated, which isn't a bad thing. I cringed when he said they typically only get a "real volume of users after launch"; the free weekends are the worst times to play as much of the influx of casual players just jack*ss around.

On a completely unrelated note, a BMW with the license plate "PZKPFW" passed me on the interstate Sunday, and for whatever reason I thought it was hilarious...

Comment

I can't wait now for the beta. Hopefully beta feedback won't be a chore, but rather easy and intuitive enough that it allows us to quickly jot down our feedback and send it off to the devs.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Any word on release date for the Beta?

Comment

The latest theory on the forum is for next week, possible Tuesday. Supposedly they won't let us know until the day before in-case there are any last minute issues. This is just some info from a French website, so who knows for sure.
                        http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=56424

Comment

Thanks man. I am so bored...................

Comment

Yea, I'm way passed ready for this title to hit. One can only play Darkest Hour (RO mod) and L4D2 so much...

Comment

Well I have so much going on in RL right now it isn't so bad, but I would like something to dip my toe in when I have a free hour!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X