TG's RO2 Server Game Mode Rotation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG's RO2 Server Game Mode Rotation

While checking out the RO2:HoS Fact Thread over on Tripwire's Forums, I noticed a listing of the Gameplay Modes:

- Territory Mode: Attack, Hold and Defend (sounds like Conquest from the BF series)
    - Countdown Mode: Single life per objective (multiple objectives per map)
    - Firefight Mode: Team Deathmatch (I've read somewhere that RO2's TDM is a very tactical and seriously intense gamemode)
    - Multiplayer Campaign Mode: Players vote on which map of the campaign to attack next (sounds like the maps are pretty small and there is something called Combat Power you can spend)

I'm just curious how the server will be set up, as far as Gamemode rotation is concerned.

All of the modes sound interesting to me and I hope that the RO Admin staff is considering a mixed mode rotation. I am also curious what the rest of the community thinks.

sigpic

Re: TG's RO2 Server Game Mode Rotation

I'm personally most interested in Countdown mode. And then territory. with occasional Multiplayer campaign, like on a set night.

Comment

I'm mostly interested in Territory, as I'm fond of the conquest style game types.

Comment

Personal non-admin opinion...

I believe Territory was the mainstay in RO1(?) and I assume that is because it works the best. Since that is also the mode that will likely have all the extra toys included(armor,COs,?) that one appeals the most to me. Countdown looked decent too but not something I see myself playing all the time.

I also would like to see Campaign mode played a good amount as events or played on certain days.
        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Campaign weekends anyone? Weekends would be conducive, timezone wise, to some epic global battles!

Comment

Campaign weekends!

I'm in.

Comment

I'm up for Campaign weekends. I floated the idea of a special ribbon for a campaign mode event of some sort, so I'd love to see such a thing happen.

Territory was the main mode of RO:Ostfront. I would think that that would be the mainstay for TG's server. However, I am very interested in the TDM/Firefight mode. If everyone can put their TDM woes aside, if what Mindkill has heard is true, it would make for some interesting events. Say for example a 6v6 Firefight Tournament on the existing TG Ladder system?

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Admin hat off as well.

I'm a big fan of limited/no respawn modes because you are forced to really value your life and those of your team mates. Every loss makes the rest of the teams job that much harder. These modes are where your virtual soldiering skills are truly put to the test. So, I'd like to see both Territory and Countdown modes in the rotation at the start, as well as have the opportunity to try Campaign mode. It's hard to prejudge what folks are going to end up liking so it would be nice to get familiar with everything the game has to offer and then come up with a rotation and settings based on community preferences.

I'm curious as the the length of the countdown timer governing how long a team has to complete an objective in Countdown. I would guess we'll get to set it ourselves. If the timers are too short, folks are forced to rush but if there's too much bench time in between lives, the dead folks get bored. Though, being dead does give you time to contemplate where you went wrong.

Comment

Territory and countdown sound cool with a multiplayer campaign every now and then. I'm curious on what kind of realism to relaxed setting were going to use.

Comment

RO2 is a death simulator, guys. Don't forget that.
                    Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                      Should we rename it "Respawn Screen Sim 2011" ?

Comment

Originally posted by P.Drona View Post
                        Though, being dead does give you time to contemplate where you went wrong.
                        I've always found it to be a good time to watch others and learn.... I've spent lots of time learning.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                          That could be taken a couple of different ways. Might I get you to explain your statement, please?

p.s. if this has been talked about in a thread I missed, feel free to send me a link so that this thread is not derailed. Thanks.

sigpic

Comment

This is interesting discussion. Let's all also keep in mind that no one has seen RO2 in action yet and many details about the various game modes are still unknown. The promised beta will hopefully answer many of these questions and more.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

"RO2 is a death simulator" is a sentence from a recent preview, I think thats where that comes from, or does the phrase go back further than that ?

I see RO2 as the next big game at TG, after BF3 's newness wears off

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X