Epic Gameplay Video!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Gameplay Video!

WOW! Really great gameplay footage just released.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/61...Gameplay-Video

YouTube 1080p version:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXHWP...layer_embedded

According to Ramm, this is from early July beta, so it's missing some new features, like bullet wounds. Still, it gives a really good feel for the game.
    Last edited by Makarov; 08-25-2011, 12:20 PM.

Re: Epic Gameplay Video!

The only thing that concerns me is how easy it is to kill somebody in close range with the SMGs when firing from the hip. There could be an issue if all you have to do is run around and dodge back and forth without aiming to kill people.

Comment

Good video, I watched all of it. The guy plays a bit sporadic, however, not using iron sights on a SMG is OK, in those CQC situations like that. I believe trying to raise your sights for that close of range would be suicidal.

Comment

Looks pretty good, cant wait for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
          The only thing that concerns me is how easy it is to kill somebody in close range with the SMGs when firing from the hip. There could be an issue if all you have to do is run around and dodge back and forth without aiming to kill people.
          In RO1 your chances are almost always best to fire from the hip with any fully/semi automatic weapon, or use your bayonet if you have a bolt action rifle in CQC (couldn't shoot LMGs from the hip, FYI). I assume it will be much the same in RO2.

Though SMGs had a loooooot more recoil in RO1 than they do in these current videos, so chances are in CQC you would at least spray and hit *something*. I also noticed with iron sights they're making kills at much greater range with the SMGs than you ever could in RO1.

This game is looking more and more amazing every day...

Comment

A new video by the same guy. Still has some of his MP40 action (geez he loves that weapon) but also has a good bit of tank combat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtNtW...layer_embedded

Also, remember all this footage is with the "relaxed" mode. Thus you have overhead friendly icons and such. I think in realism mode, one won't be so easily mowing down folks. They'll actually have to ID their targets.

Comment

Originally posted by Makarov View Post
              A new video by the same guy. Still has some of his MP40 action (geez he loves that weapon) but also has a good bit of tank combat.
              Man, his tanking skills need some...work. A look at the armor schematics would do him a world of good as to how to kill an enemy tank in one shot.

I did see someone fire an MG34 from the hip, and it didn't look like it had much recoil. Interesting.

I wonder if every player gets smoke and frag grenades? Seems like he always has both.

Haven't ever seen him bandage himself up, so we still don't know what that animation looks like.

It also appears at least one of the urban CQC maps has players spawning right in the middle of firefights. Wonder if there's a "forcefield" in effect for the first few moments after spawning, or what?

C'mon and release the beta, already! Sheesh... :)

Comment

I think it's hilarious when you see someone keep firing at the exact same spot, over and over. It's like duh, it's not doing any damage! Hit 'em in the butt, tracks, the obvious tank spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
                  Welcome to the life of a rifleman :p. I can't say that I ever fired a gun in my life, but an smg seems to work like that. It's normal that you have a huge advantage on a rifleman at short range, but then he has his pistol which is also effective.

Mind you there is more to it than meets the eye. One of the devs explained in detail, and you can see in the vids, how the weapon moves around in your screen all the time and especially when moving. When it is moving around and you fire the bullet doesn't fly where you are looking but where the rifle is actually pointing. Also the rifle will hit objects! So say you strafe to the side and your gun meets the railing (dunno if that is the correct word here; the woodwork) atop of a staircase, your aim wand movement will be altered by the contact.

Mind you SMG's will always be really effective in a game with damage based on true ballistic properties instead of a nerfed rock-paper-scissors balance system. It is one of the essential features of the game. If you want a fairly balanced game you might want to play bf3 or some cod instead.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X