• Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Post Beta videos here !

this is a good video
    at the start you see him shoot an enemy in the adjacent room through a wall
    then voip use latter at 1.15
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUE9TI_nx2Y

Re: Post Beta videos here !

I didn't see anything on-screen to indicate that the VOIP was part of the game... I am hopeful though.

You do get to see the bandage message and bleeding out mechanic in the opening encounter.

Comment

It's got VOIP, for sure. Could be built-in, or could be using Steam's since its a Steamworks game.

Comment

Steam's VOIP would make sense, and its proven to work too.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
          I didn't see anything on-screen to indicate that the VOIP was part of the game... I am hopeful though.
          Dude don't scare me like that. It's the reason I have pre-ordered RO2 and haven't BF3.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
            Dude don't scare me like that. It's the reason I have pre-ordered RO2 and haven't BF3.

Shh shh guys, it's okay, VOIP is confirmed, and not just one channel, Four channels! How do you like that!?

VOIP: Public, Team, Squad, and Vehicle channels. No 3D VOIP. (Source: Crosshairs at TWI)

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
              Sorry about that. It just shook me when I didn't see any kind of indicator.

I haven't pre-odered BF3 yet either. I'm really hopeful that at least KnyghtMare's TS work with BC2 comes to fruition and that it will apply to BF3.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KJAGlzIAIE&t=0m15s
                at 15 secs you see the squad screen 9watch at higher res and pause at 15 secs)
                seems you have to choose a vacant kit in a squad (so cannot lonewolf, so no squadless autokick script needed), seems the map determines how many in squads and what kits in squads

more tanky
                http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc...hestra/719759?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZu90...layer_embedded

Some good auto-rifle gameplay. Nice sounds also.

Comment

This video was good and I cant wait till this comes out!

Though im not quite sold on all of the hip firing that I have been seeing. I guess Im just used to looking down my barrel to shoot someone.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Yeah, hip fire is very much something that just needs to be lived with in the RO games. As Undead pointed out in one of the threads, aiming down sights in many of the situations where hip fire is used in the videos would be detrimental to the player. In a lot of games it helps to learn where the center of your screen is, but in RO that doesn't work as well because of the dynamic aiming. You have to learn where the center of the screen is and learn how it shifts when you raise your rifle barrel for example a little up and to the left. Iron sights is still the preferred way to engage a target, but if you're confronted at <2 meters each of us seriously have to ask ourselves "Should I hip fire at him or try to close in and melee him?"

Loving the videos so far. Keep 'em coming guys. Hopefully we have a beta today or tomorrow. This waiting is killing me now that I'm at college again and have all this free time.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KJAGlzIAIE&t=0m15s
                        at 15 secs you see the squad screen 9watch at higher res and pause at 15 secs)
                        seems you have to choose a vacant kit in a squad (so cannot lonewolf, so no squadless autokick script needed), seems the map determines how many in squads and what kits in squads

more tanky
                        http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc...hestra/719759?
                        I can confirm that, at least that is what I understood from the devs. The system for dividing kits seems exactly as needed. No roaming sniper flocks.

Comment

Looks like this is another game I'll have to pick up :)
                          A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X