TG's plan for a dedicated RO2 server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG's plan for a dedicated RO2 server

Hello folks, with the beta on it's way within the next few hours I know there will be many questions about what TG is doing or planning to do for a dedicated server. I thought I'd lay out what we are planning to do here so everyone knows what is being done.

TG, at this time, plans to host it's own server and register the IP address for ranking. Yes, we intend to host a ranked server. Unless some setting is so far outside the idea of TG game play, we intend to run with default game settings and default TG rules (friendly fire on, no attacking UCB's, no bunny hopping, no lone wolfing, etc etc). Once we're well into the release and have a good grasp of the game dynamics then we'll consider what we can do to change and improve the game play through server configuration.

We are working to provision the proper hardware needed to host 64 players. That's right, we intend to host a 64 player server. At this time, our intention is not to just throw something together for the sake of getting a server up right away. Our goal is to stand up a 64-player the first time. Don't worry, we're trying to do it quickly.

I don't have a time frame or a date that I can assure you the server will be up. Right, I just ask that you all take 'soon' as good enough. While we're in the beta (and remember it's just a beta) we'll be working to ensure that things are in place, tweaked and ready for the final release. Yes, that includes supporting member... support.

Until then, I hope we all handle this maturely and understand the work and labor required to put these things in place. Kindly have patience with the admins and the community staff as we work on this for all of you.

Cheers!

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Re: About TG's plan for a dedicated server

Thanks for the info Damonte!

sigpic

Comment

Good stuff mate, as always!

Comment

Very well said man and many thanks for keeping us informed!

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancer’s maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Quick question do we know what the default settings are? I know there suppose to be a more arcade to realistic settings, just wondering were its going to be at.

Comment

We don't know what the default settings are. The personal impress I get is that RO2 is going to 'lean' more towards the PR style by default than towards the BF2 style.

That being said, we simply don't know. Let's please be careful when throwing the words 'arcade' and 'realism' around until we actually know anything. This beta period will be a good learning experience. I hope no one has the expectation that the server will be setup and configured exactly the way we want it right away. It will very likely take some time and careful thought to get it where we all find it enjoyable and playable.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

According to the video posted by BigGaayAl in this thread, there will be a relaxed realism setting and a realism setting. He discusses those settings at 9:50 in the video.

And, I agree Damonte. Let's take our time and get a good feel for the game and how it plays before we start tweaking the settings.

sigpic

Comment

Yes its too early to tell, we haven't even played the game yet for 2 minutes
                Give it a month of good investigation and game experience to work out the best settings.
                Ranked is a good decision to start off with, TG may well be very happy with ranked and keep a server that way for years

Comment

Didn't think I was throwing words around just asking a simple question, If anyone knows a better way to explain the different settings fill free to enlighten me.

Comment

RO is RO. We don't need to define it by such words :)
                    Skud

Comment

My understanding, which is yet to be confirmed by actually seeing it, is that we'll have extremely granular control over the settings on the RO2 server.

There was nothing about what you were saying that was inappropriate, I don't want you to think I'm implying that. It's just that those words could be hot buttons for some very passionate discussion about server settings which really wouldn't be productive at this particular time.

Rather than using what other people are saying in videos, in articles, and the like I'd rather wait to actually see what's available in the server configuration options before discussing. To me, personally, anything else feels like spinning wheels.

Does that make sense?

Comment

For now, we have a dedicated server running... should be 40 player.

It's not running as a service, I didn't have time to set that up. I will be addressing many server features tomorrow. If the server goes down at any point tomorrow, don't panic or fret. It'll be back up tomorrow.

Comment

just because it is after midnight and I am into wild speculation, I hope this game falls right in the middle of pr and bf2. if it does, I am eating chicken dinner cause we have a winner!

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Update for everyone:

The server is now running as a service and if it crashes, should automatically come back up. The admins are slowly (but surely) being given access to their administration tools. If a supporting member needs a slot, look for an RO2 admin to help out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X