Squad VOIP - its there and works

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad VOIP - its there and works

It is not in the options menu but I found it randomly hitting P. The voip icon shows up and then when you say something your name and "squad" shows up on the left.

Now P is a pain to use so I checked for a file to edit. The file to edit appears to be ROInput.ini and you'll find it in

Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Config

Just search for Command="Squad_Voice_Chat"

I tried testing the change but the key change did not take.(in fact the change to team voip I did when I first started playing the game wasn't reflected in the file) Maybe there is another file?

-------------------

Also in the .ini file there is a public voice chat attached to O.
    Last edited by FBmantis; 09-01-2011, 11:39 AM.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: Squad VOIP - its there and works

Much needed, and many props Mantis. THank you.

Comment

Good find Mantis. Going to go change it so I can use squad VOIP. :D
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Well, we at least know it's there now. Now we just need some rebinds!

Soon, my lovelies.
        Skud

Comment

I can't find that line in ROGame.ini, but it looks like its in ROInput.ini

Still, thanks! I wish they would've included that in the options menu but I'm fine changing it manually.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I'm looking through the config ini files in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\redorchestra2beta\ROG ame\Config.

When I looked in the file you recommended, CAPS LOCK was still my PTT team VOIP button, when ingame I've set it as mouse5. I think maybe the update reset it though.

I'm going to try changing it in DefaultInput.ini as soon as I've figured out their name for mouse5.

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

Hopefully the proper key rebinding will be included in the release version of the game
              "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Thanks for finding this out and sharing it with the community Mantis!

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Every .ini file I've found so far has been the default key layout, I haven't experimented with it as thoroughly as I'd like to but it seems to me that squad voip will be rebindable in the full version of the game. Myself and Silver are about to test out the squad VOIP by pressing P ingame and will let you know what happens!

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

We tested P for squad voip and its actually team wide voip in the beta

Comment

Are you sure? Were you on our server, or someone elses? Not every server is set up correctly yet.
                      Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                        Are you sure? Were you on our server, or someone elses? Not every server is set up correctly yet.
                        It was not on TG server, it was elsewhere, a random server

If TG is server is setup different, then its worth another test

Comment

When I found it last night and a few of us tried it there was an indication we were talking within the squad on the left side. Did it say that when you did it?(and it was still going to the team?)
                          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Just tested squad voip P key and it worked on TG (tested with Skud & Mindkill, thx), so whatever server settings you have are working

Comment

Silver and I did test it with Mindkill on our server. It works. Now to get it to bind to something better. I tried binding it to a button as a macro on my Razer Deathadder to no avail

It appears to work as it's intended on our server.
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X